Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

Moral of the Story here. As I was told when Stationed in Texas. And as I told my Soldiers via “off limit” orders. 

STAY OUT MONTGOMERY COUNTY. It is the most corrupt county in Texas (possibly in top ten of the Nation). 

if you find yourself in Texas and in Montgomery County get out of there ASAP 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

1).  Utter domination 

2). sporting entertainment 

I have no problem with either!

I’m just sayin’...........some might call you the Globetrotter, while others might call you the Washington General.  

Multiple perspectives.  

Just don’t be a Redskin, that will get you in trouble! 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Careful, people could interpret this two ways!     :)

Serious question: What percentage of people driving at 1:00 am do you (people in general) are 100% sober. There are, as you point out, some legit reasons for being out driving at that hour. Then there are the other folks. It sucks that it was so hard for him to make that go away.

Based solely on all the times I've been driving at 1am, I'll say.......3%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I’m just sayin’...........some might call you the Globetrotter, while others might call you the Washington 

Lol other than doc? Nah. Look at this afternoon’s work product.  It’s Georgia Tech vs Cumberland 1916

One of my best friends has a nephew that’s a state police in Texas. My friend was visiting, bringing his wife and three teenage boys with him. The nephew told him he’s guaranteed to be pulled over while there, they’ll assume someone with CA plates will either be Hugh or at least have pot with him. Sure enough, he was pulled over, I think for a taillight not working. Nothing happened, I think my friend mentioned that his nephew is a cop, told him this would happen, and said “really, a 50 year old with 3 kids, you really think I’m on drugs?”

3 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

One of my best friends has a nephew that’s a state police in Texas. My friend was visiting, bringing his wife and three teenage boys with him. The nephew told him he’s guaranteed to be pulled over while there, they’ll assume someone with CA plates will either be Hugh or at least have pot with him. Sure enough, he was pulled over, I think for a taillight not working. Nothing happened, I think my friend mentioned that his nephew is a cop, told him this would happen, and said “really, a 50 year old with 3 kids, you really think I’m on drugs?”

Hefner?  Don’t they know he’s dead? and why would that be a crime

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 hours ago, eball said:

Stop being an ass; you know exactly what my point is. The post I quoted said the deputy WITNESSED erratic lane changes and trailed Ed at excessive speed, both of which are absolutely sufficient to bring charges. 

Well he SAID he WITNESSED it. Evidently the Dash Cam wasn’t on or DOESNT back up the Claim he WITNESSED it. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Good for you Ed.  Now grow up and either stop drinking while driving or hire yourself a driver.

But he wasn’t drinking while driving. Impossible to blow 0.0 and negative on Blood if Drinking while Driving 

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

...Bet that it still  cost Oliver a chunk of change to make this go away.

The 'don't be stupid' lesson that comes out of this, should be valuable to Oliver, going forward.

Bet he didn’t pay a dime except to a good attorney. 

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Based solely on all the times I've been driving at 1am, I'll say.......3%.

I was driving home one New Year’s Eve from a party at the Opera House with my wife, her mom and her uncle. They didn’t drink, and I had (shockingly) had ZERO to drink that night. I knew I was driving.....and it was NYE. Sure enough, a DUI check a couple hundred yards before the turn into our neighborhood. 

I finally get to the front of the line, he asks where I’ve been and where I’m going. He asks my address, I tell him. “OK, go ahead”, he says. I say “what, that was easy!” He pointed to a large appliance store parking lot PACKED with cars and said “see that? Those are people who couldn’t do what you just did.” There is a difference between knowing that, and seeing that. 

I suspect most Friday/Saturday nights are the same, but with fewer DUI stops. 

13 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Sounds like watching “We’re The Millers” paid off!     :)

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

He presumably owns a cell phone. Is it so hard to punch in Uber???

Is your axe sharp enough yet???

Since when does Uber come out to a trail head and trailer your toys back AFTER doing NOTHING WRONG? As evidence by the Breath and Blood Test

2 hours ago, MJS said:

And you can't tell how fast a car is going without looking at the speedometer. So there's no way to know if he was going that fast unless the cops clocked him at that speed.

Or lied. 

Several folks hit me about saying Ed should now learn his lesson and not drink and drive and use a driver.  Hit me because they didn’t detect.  Valid point for all of you; I was referring more that he had an open bottle.  But good to call me out on that.  My bad.

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes they clearly do, and obvious not  because I say so.  It’s fact.  It’s settled law. It’s frequency is immaterial. 

why are you still struggling with this? 

1).  Utter domination 

2). sporting entertainment 

I have no problem with either!

3) Washington trying to keep the black man from getting his shot? :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You seem to think that Oliver is incapable of making decisions.

Maybe you are simply projecting....

Why should he have to call an Uber after doing nothing wrong. Why?  Because he might run into some Corrupt Cops?  How about getting rid of the Corruption in Montgomery County instead. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why are you still struggling with this? 

who is struggling? You’re just an argumentative SOB who can’t accept anything other than your own position. If cops are making traffic stops for driving infractions they didn’t witness based upon anonymous 911 calls there is definitely a problem. 

On a Side Note seems my Friend at the hospital was close. 

he said BAC 0.03 (blood) and No Drugs present. I posted that in the first thread at about page 42.  On May 18th. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

I don't deal in 'what ifs'. I don't know why you are looking to start a fight about this, but maybe you simply have way too much time on your "hands".

G'day.......

What If’s. He knew he was ok to drive. So he drove. There is no what ifs with that. 

and now the evidence proves it as well. Another L for Corrupt Montgomery County. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I mean this is the basis of 9-1-1(reporting crimes or dangerous situations), other than for medical emergencies.  Who would not understand this as obvious?

Well, it wasn't obvious to me, so thanks for enlightening.

It's a question of what's reasonable.  If 911 call says swerving , etc.  I could understand if the officer was required to follow and witness the behavior to establish probable cause.  

My understanding is that you can't just get a search warrant purely on an anonymous tip. You have to investigate specific assertions and justify the validity of the tip before getting a warrant, right?

So I could see those being parallel arguments for what's reasonable but certainly allowing the officer to stop the car  in question and do a brief investigation is reasonable when you consider the consequences of impaired driving and road rage.

44 minutes ago, eball said:

who is struggling? You’re just an argumentative SOB who can’t accept anything other than your own position. If cops are making traffic stops for driving infractions they didn’t witness based upon anonymous 911 calls there is definitely a problem. 

As are you.  He provided a sound reference pages ago on a California case that was upheld by the US Supreme Court.  Basically, as long as the 911 call seems legit and police ID the vehicle, they are allowed to stop it immediately and conduct a brief investigation.  Doesn't say they can simply write a ticket based on the call, but they can pull it over at their discretion.  I imagine if they want to get a reckless op or speeding, I'm betting they're going to wait until they witness it first.

But simply put, he's right you're wrong.  Sorry.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who was it that posted here about police in that area having a past pattern of stopping people for nothing?

Might just be that person should step up and take a bow.

He was stopped for a report about erratic driving which is a good thing but in most states the officer needs to witness it but it is reason according to most jurisdictions to stop someone to ensure it is not drinking, someone on medication, etc.  In this case he had an open can which led to sobriety test.

Nothing indicates the officers were unprofessional and nothing Ed Oliver said indicates so.  Lots of commentators added flak which matched their viewpoints.

I am glad everything worked out and Oliver just got a warning "be careful" for there are jurisdictions which would have taken this as chance of revenue enhancement (DC, SC).

Lol only on here can we get fantastic news one of our young extremely talented players will not be charged with a crime and was in the right and will not face suspension, and we argue for 13 pages ?? 

I sure hope they get to play this year I can’t take a whole year of you guys being so miserable over everything 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2