Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure that's a problem

But it is totally a minority of people that do that. Race relations are going crazy in this country, because people think everybody is racist

When it is literally a tiny tiny tiny majority. 

If you don't agree with somebody you get call a racist now

For having a different opinion

I'll tell you that you don't understand.  If you want to understand, there are books you can read. 

People like you, who are well-meaning but don't understand, are a major part of the problem.  I was one of those people until a couple months ago.  

I'll leave it at that. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Chill Ed. You handled it well and won.
Now go have a great season.

hell no...do not chill..scream to the mountaintops this was wrong!!!!!

He did not "handle this well."..he was freaking railroaded from the start. Have you missed the last two months under a rock somewhere?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

What would they discipline him for? Honest question 

Iirc, in the past players have been punished even though legal charges were dropped, again I may be wrong/ confused on this. 

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'll tell you that you don't understand.  If you want to understand, there are books you can read. 

People like you, who are well-meaning but don't understand, are a major part of the problem.  I was one of those people until a couple months ago.  

I'll leave it at that. 

Well I'll tell you something, what makes you think I don't understand?

How do you know I'm not a minority?

You're basically attacking me and have no idea what I've been through. I'll leave it at that

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps the police officer did not observe this behavior.

I do not believe they can charge someone with a traffic violation based on hearsay (a phoned report) but perhaps I am incorrect here?

I personally would not want to be able to be charged with something because Citizen Cathy called the police and reported that I was driving 80 mpg in a 45 mpg zone and driving erratically, unless there were some corroborating evidence of this.

According to some reports someone phoned in that EO was switching lanes erratically.  A deputy spotted the vehicle and was trailing doing 80 in a 45 and observed him passing in a no passing zone.    https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/court-records-buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-admitted-to-drinking-taking-adderall-prior-to-houston-dwi-arrest/285-df7cfad6-f1d3-422b-bab3-9e99dbe845c5

The beer Ed drank was at 1 PM,  a beer can was in the door, not between his legs.  Perhaps after he drank the beer at 1 PM he left the empty can in the door?

One of these articles says he blew a 0.0 in the field, also that the DWI unit was called to the scene.  If that's all true then they took him in for bloodwork over potential adderall.

I can see them cutting him a break on the empty can with a spotless breathalyzer and blood test, can't understand why not a speeding ticket?  Maybe the officer never actually matched his speed before pulling him over.  Good for EO!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure that's a problem

But it is totally a minority of people that do that. Race relations are going crazy in this country, because people think everybody is racist

However tiny you think it may be, that very vocal minority causes a LOT of bogus traffic stops.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nothing?

Never heard of DWB (Driving While Black)?  I'm a white guy and I know it happens from friends.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

At times, it still serves a purpose.  You can always put me on 'blocked'.

It doesn't serve a purpose when it's just shoehorned into random conversations.  It's this board's version of yelling THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID to literally everything.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well I'll tell you something, what makes you think I don't understand?

How do you know I'm not a minority?

You're basically attacking me and have no idea what I've been through. I'll leave it at that

I don't care what color you are.  

When you say "When it is literally a tiny tiny tiny majority," I know you don't understand.

I'm not blaming you, and I'm not calling you out, I'm not doing anything other than noting what's already obvious to everyone who does understand.  There is nothing "tiny, tiny, tiny" about the number of people whose behavior adds to the problem.   I'm one of them who adds to the problem; I just couldn't see it until a few weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure that's a problem

So you think it’s ok for cops to pull someone over when THE COPS HAVEN'T WITNESSED ANYTHING, just on the basis of a phone call about alleged speeding? When does that EVER happen to a white person?

Tiny tiny tiny majority my ass. 

Edit: and I just now realized the hilarity of you calling it a tiny tiny tiny majority. 

Edited by eball
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

However tiny you think it may be, that very vocal minority causes a LOT of bogus traffic stops.

Never heard of DWB (Driving While Black)?  I'm a white guy and I know it happens from friends.

It was a 911 call, no?  Someone driving behind a speeding pickup with tinted windows and a trailer was able to discern the race of the driver up ahead?  And it was a white person who called?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't care what color you are.  

When you say "When it is literally a tiny tiny tiny majority," I know you don't understand.

I'm not blaming you, and I'm not calling you out, I'm not doing anything other than noting what's already obvious to everyone who does understand.  There is nothing "tiny, tiny, tiny" about the number of people whose behavior adds to the problem.   I'm one of them who adds to the problem; I just couldn't see it until a few weeks ago. 

Maybe using three tiny's was hyperbole... But everybody uses hyperbole to get their point across

My point is it is a very distinct minority that are vocally racist, across all ethnicities

And they always scream the loudest

I have always respected you and your opinion Shaw and that doesn't change

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It doesn't serve a purpose when it's just shoehorned into random conversations.  It's this board's version of yelling THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID to literally everything.

And that works in certain situations, too.  As I said, there is an easy fix for your problem, and I will not be offended should you exercise it

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a 911 call, no?  Someone driving behind a speeding pickup with tinted windows and a trailer was able to discern the race of the driver up ahead?  And it was a white person who called?

Is it standard protocol for cops to pull over drivers for suspected speeding based upon a 911 call when the officers themselves witness no probable cause?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

So you think it’s ok for cops to pull someone over when THE COPS HAVEN'T WITNESSED ANYTHING, just on the basis of a phone call about alleged speeding? When does that EVER happen to a white person?

Tiny tiny tiny majority my ass. 

No it's not right and did I ever say that it was okay? Of course it isnt... And since you actually asked

I was with a white friend, when he got pulled over for driving in the wrong neighborhood being white.. detained for 45 minutes and had his car searched for drugs with no basis other than he was from the suburbs and in the hood

I wouldnt even tell that story but since you asked

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe using three tiny's was hyperbole... But everybody uses hyperbole to get their point across

My point is it is a very distinct minority that are vocally racist, across all ethnicities

And they always scream the loudest

One of the difficulties in addressing systemic racism is that well-intentioned folk don't understand that referring to a vocal minority is simply a red herring.

• Like (+1) 3