Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The charges against Ed Oliver....

image.thumb.png.9e503d84fc5ce1fbe515d37695293732.png

Who was it that posted here about police in that area having a past pattern of stopping people for nothing?

Might just be that person should step up and take a bow.

not so sure on who in the original thread talked about the cops in the area, but there was you, @Augie @Mango and myself saying "hey, lets wait for the tests to come back" . Argued in that thread he did not appear intoxicated in that video, was pretty well eviscerated by most folks LOL...

Response below was pre George Floyd as well

On 5/17/2020 at 9:58 AM, plenzmd1 said:

yep, and 3 white cops pulling over a young black man have never erred in judgement before.

NOt saying he was or was not impaired, saying lets wait for the test results

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Looks like the only thing he was guilty of is being a crappy driver and being profiled. The kid was clean and test results prove that. If being a bad driver was criminal 50% of the country and 95% of Florida would be behind bars.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

amazing to read this thread..and then read the original. 

The same contingent had him guilty before any evidence came out.  Like I said, comedy gold.

• Like (+1) 1

Good for ED, glad he had proper legal guidance on this issue, he appears to be a good guy. Now we get to wait and see how stupid the league is concerning this issue. 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean he certainly did have a hard time walking that line for the sobriety test

He did look under the influence of something

But if you're just that tired where you can't walk straight you probably shouldn't drive

Dude, NOT THE POINT. He was stopped because some busybody racist called the cops and said a black man was driving fast. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Good for ED, glad he had proper legal guidance on this issue, he appears to be a good guy. Now we get to wait and see how stupid the league is concerning this issue. 

What would they discipline him for? Honest question 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

I believe Goodell could technically still suspend him but I wouldn’t deem that likely as he was proven to not be breaking the law. 

Any punishment would be met with a barrel full of litigation from the union on those grounds.

24 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, NOT THE POINT. He was stopped because some busybody racist called the cops and said a black man was driving fast. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. 

Sure that's a problem

But it is totally a minority of people that do that. Race relations are going crazy in this country, because people think everybody is racist

When it is literally a tiny tiny tiny minority

If you don't agree with somebody you get call a racist now

For having a different opinion

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Wow.  I come here almost every day during the off-season, even this off-season.  Often, as the window is about to open, I wonder why I'm coming here, because there probably isn't any news, and if there's news, it's probably bad news.  

Hooray for today!!!

We can take Ed off the bad-boy list. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The charges against Ed Oliver....

image.thumb.png.9e503d84fc5ce1fbe515d37695293732.png

Who was it that posted here about police in that area having a past pattern of stopping people for nothing?

Might just be that person should step up and take a bow.

Nothing?

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

well that settles it....  well I guess it will be settled when the NFL awards the Patriots compensatory picks

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but New England Patriots still get the conditional draft pick.

EDIT:  D'oh!

Please let this dead horse of a "meme" DIE.  It stopped being funny ages ago.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Chill Ed. You handled it well and won.
Now go have a great season.

I would have been fired up too.  Let him have his moment as a black man post-Floyd.