Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Wow. 80 mph in a 45 mph zone with an open beer = no charges

Me going 38 in a 25 MPH zone last year = $90

Just because there wasn't charges doesnt mean it didn't cost him plenty.  Get what you're saying though. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps the police officer did not observe this behavior.

I do not believe they can charge someone with a traffic violation based on hearsay (a phoned report) but perhaps I am incorrect here?

I personally would not want to be able to be charged with something because Citizen Cathy called the police and reported that I was driving 80 mpg in a 45 mpg zone and driving erratically, unless there were some corroborating evidence of this.

Citizen Karen

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, amazing. A black guy wound up being stopped and arrested for no reason. Who’d have thunk it in this day and age?

Right? What cop would put his livelihood and life as he knows it on the line for that?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Now ask yourself what would have happened if the person pulled over couldn't afford a decent lawyer.

Most people get screwed in municipal courts.  The judge knows the prosecutor, the prosecutor knows the cops, the cops know both.  And your defense attorney is usually familiar with them all.  Unless you're looking at a license suspension or big DUI fine you're better off  pleading guilty, pay the fine, and save the expense of a lawyer that isn't going to do much of anything for you.  It comes down to your word against the cops and guess who the judge is going to believe?  If there is video it will be supporting their case.  If there is video supporting your case it got accidentally erased.  The whole thing is a revenue generating racket for the towns.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, amazing. A black guy wound up being stopped and arrested for no reason. Who’d have thunk it in this day and age?

I mean he certainly did have a hard time walking that line for the sobriety test

He did look under the influence of something

But if you're just that tired where you can't walk straight you probably shouldn't drive

Edited by Buffalo716

21 minutes ago, Bss said:

Usually this would be a 4 game suspension, I'll bet the Jets, Dolphins, and Rams have to be pretty pissed about this with how bad their olines are 

Usually what would be a 4 game suspension?