Charges against Ed Oliver dismissed

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

So does this mean he will be playing week 1 against the Jets.

I believe Goodell could technically still suspend him but I wouldn’t deem that likely as he was proven to not be breaking the law. 

Edited by FluffHead

Good news! Wonder what really happened here? We will probably never know.

Hope that Oliver leaves this "incident" behind and moves forward to concentrate on the upcoming season & making himself the best player he can be. Hopefully we'll be seeing Ed cause large amounts of mayhem in the Jets backfield on opening day! 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

So does this mean he will be playing week 1 against the Jets.

not sure a suspension would’ve happpened that fast in any case. But now you’d expect there is no other action from them league especially now that he has proof he wasn’t doing anything wrong but was arrested anyway, which feeds into the systemic injustice issue...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Now ask yourself what would have happened if the person pulled over couldn't afford a decent lawyer.

I don't think you need OJ's Dream Team to get you off when the blood results are negative for everything on a DWI charge.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Wow. 80 mph in a 45 mph zone with an open beer = no charges

Me going 38 in a 25 MPH zone last year = $90

BB, I don’t get it either.  Everyone else at a minimum would get at least a speeding ticket, open container, and you can argue criminal negligence during that fast with an open container even if legally sober.

Im happy he’s going to play most likely as I don’t see the NFL (not saying Goodell as he doesn’t rule on that stuff anymore with the new CBA so can’t blame him for everything) doing anything about it.

It would be nice if he simply learns from this incident as so many people who get out of something do it again.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was probably always playing week 1.

The NFL likes to suspend people the season after. He would have been suspended in the off-season

On traffic arrests like this they wait until court is over before a suspension is issued. They sometimes will still suspend players if the arrest was a bad look for the league even if charges are dropped. In this case I can't see Oliver receiving any type of suspension.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Wow. 80 mph in a 45 mph zone with an open beer = no charges

Me going 38 in a 25 MPH zone last year = $90

Perhaps the police officer did not observe this behavior.

I do not believe they can charge someone with a traffic violation based on hearsay (a phoned report) but perhaps I am incorrect here?

I personally would not want to be able to be charged with something because Citizen Cathy called the police and reported that I was driving 80 mpg in a 45 mpg zone and driving erratically, unless there were some corroborating evidence of this.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1