Jets owner under investigation for racism, sexism etc as US Ambassador to UK

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Netflix documentary on 2020 is going to be a 100 part series.

Don’t you mean 365?

18 hours ago, delirious said:

giphy.gif

“I just made a doodie in my pants.”

Edited by eball

20 minutes ago, Putin said:

IF the allegations are true losing a 1st round pick should be included in what ever the punishment NFL will impose on the jets 

But is it right in theoretically denying a player the opportunity for gainful employment by denying the Jets a pick as punishment for ownership misdeeds?  Perhaps the pick should be awarded to some other club that exemplifies the qualities of good conduct.  I would mention a likely such club, but do not wish to invoke the ire of fellow TBD members.  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

Ah, the jets, the tire fire burns all the brighter... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Imagine if more people reacted to the world around them like your sister did that night? Empathically. 

That moment was my first heartbreak, truly. I was in seventh grade. It is burned into my psyche forever. I was hurt, too, and the person I felt really bad for was myself. 

So cheers to your sister. (Obviously the downtown rally celebrating the season, when Norwood stepped to the mic, displayed the fans' widespread appreciation, so maybe Bills fans in general were a forgiving, graceful lot after only the first SB trauma.)

We certainly could use a little more empathy in general these days.

And while I appreciate the sentiment of your post, for the record, my sis grew up to be a raging bee word ;)

• Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And give it to New England for being closest team to New York and caught in the backwash.

Old!  Shopworn!  Trite!

(As some would have you believe...?)

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

We certainly could use a little more empathy in general these days.

And while I appreciate the sentiment of your post, for the record, my sis grew up to be a raging bee word ;)

Is her name Karen?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But is it right in theoretically denying a player the opportunity for gainful employment by denying the Jets a pick as punishment for ownership misdeeds?  Perhaps the pick should be awarded to some other club that exemplifies the qualities of good conduct.  I would mention a likely such club, but do not wish to invoke the ire of fellow TBD members.  ?

the Jaguars, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Sometimes it seems that the further away from actually earning the family wealth, the more clueless subsequent generations become.  The quote about "being born on third base and thought they had hit a triple" comes to mind.

It’s often like this:  There’s the generation that grew up poor and made the money.  They have a strong work ethic and remember where they came from.  There’s the generation that watched that happen and remember being poor as children.  They usually retain much of the same ethics as their parents even though things were much easier for them as they grew up.  Then there’s the third generation that only knew wealth and privilege.  That’s usually the hard slide from a work ethic and morals standpoint and is when money gets pissed away.

The Chinese have a saying for that cycle: Shirt sleeves to shirt sleeves in three generations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/25/2020 at 7:49 AM, BarleyNY said:

It’s often like this:  There’s the generation that grew up poor and made the money.  They have a strong work ethic and remember where they came from.  There’s the generation that watched that happen and remember being poor as children.  They usually retain much of the same ethics as their parents even though things were much easier for them as they grew up.  Then there’s the third generation that only knew wealth and privilege.  That’s usually the hard slide from a work ethic and morals standpoint and is when money gets pissed away.

The Chinese have a saying for that cycle: Shirt sleeves to shirt sleeves in three generations. 

All the wealth is still there.....no one in that family is wearing shirtsleeves.