Jets owner under investigation for racism, sexism etc as US Ambassador to UK

The league is deeply concerned with the allegations made against one of our franchise owners and will conduct its own investigation into the matter.  As a preliminary step, we have awarded the New England Patriots a third round compensatory pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

• Haha (+1) 11

I am absolutely shocked to learn that the white pampered billionaire NFL owner and Trump buddy is a mysogonist, racist, jerk who would use his position to try to influence a foreign government for the personal enrichment of his crooked boss.  Shocking I say.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Roger Goodell said:

The league is deeply concerned with the allegations made against one of our franchise owners and will conduct its own investigation into the matter.  As a preliminary step, we have awarded the New England Patriots a third round compensatory pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

The cheque better be in the mail...

?

11 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I am absolutely shocked to learn that the white pampered billionaire NFL owner and Trump buddy is a mysogonist, racist, jerk who would use his position to try to influence a foreign government for the personal enrichment of his crooked boss.  Shocking I say.  

Somewhere along the way many people have abandoned the "stop, look, listen" lessons we learned as children and replaced it with...."Wait, 4 unnamed sources are referenced in a for-profit media enterprise in a prolonged battle with a sitting president, so obviously a man with a professional football team is a racist and misogynist". 

It's the international diplomacy circuit, not the KGB. Are the sources concerned they'll be Epsteined?  I'd think a source would be a hero for outing a rich guy like this, and besides, the wealthy have these handheld devices that surely can record abhorrent behavior that was apparently on display.

Give the guy a chance for God's sake.   

2 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Jeez. All that money and dumb as a rock.

Sometimes it seems that the further away from actually earning the family wealth, the more clueless subsequent generations become.  The quote about "being born on third base and thought they had hit a triple" comes to mind.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've never stopped feeling it. I can literally remember what it felt like smashing my face into the rug after Norwood missed that kick. That's enough.

I remember being in shock.  This was the days before DirectTV Sunday Ticket and I lived in Minnesota at the time.  I only got to see about 3-4 Bills game a year...and then the playoffs.  I don't remember Norwood ever missing so I thought it was automatic. 

Then my dad screams "He missed it".  Then I stood there in shock.

• Like (+1) 2