Wearable Air Conditioning/AC Helmets

Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, bluebomber65 said:

Total nonsense is the answer. I ordered this a couple months ago after getting my stimulus check thinking it's worth a shot. Besides the 2 month delivery time, it's advertised as AC right up until they ship it then it's just labeled and packaged stating it's just a fan.

yea all the websites that promote it give off a weird junk as seen on tv vibe.    

Total nonsense is the answer. I ordered this a couple months ago after getting my stimulus check thinking it's worth a shot. Besides the 2 month delivery time, it's advertised as AC right up until they ship it then it's just labeled and packaged stating it's just a fan.

Air conditioners don't eliminate heat, they simply move it from one place to another. So assuming this gadget really is an air conditioner, and you wear it around your neck, where is the heat going?

You're right - it's just a personal fan. I think one of those baseball caps with a fan in the brim would be equally effective, more comfortable, and would probably run off of a small solar cell mounted on top of the brim.

The Bluax wearable "AC" is nothing more than an extremely weak fan. Output only has a tiny 1 inch long slit to come out of.

My recollection from the older model I almost bought, was they also contained water. So they acted a bit like a mister fan right on your neck, which would seem to work to make you feel cooler. But i never pulled the trigger.

Did you end up getting and trying it?

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

My recollection from the older model I almost bought, was they also contained water. So they acted a bit like a mister fan right on your neck, which would seem to work to make you feel cooler. But i never pulled the trigger.

Did you end up getting and trying it?

Yes, the Blaux arrived today in the middle of a heat wave and I can barely even tell it's blowing air at the highest setting.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, Gugny said:

Great point, thank you.

As a former motorcycle rider, I did not like the full helmet/face shield at all.  It didn't take me long to switch to a beanie-style helmet.  I always wore riding glasses, though - either shades or clear.

You enjoyed the taste of fresh bugs in your teeth?