Will Zay Jones make the Raiders Roster? From a Raider Fan...

Zay Jones  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zay make the cut with the Raiders?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Bonus Question (For Kirby): Does N. Peterman make the roster?

• Yes
    • No

My buddy just stopped by who lives across the street and just were talking football, he's a hard core Raider fan.  He brought up how excited he is about the Raiders WR group and I laughed and asked if it was because they have Zay Jones...we both laughed and he said no way he makes the roster even.  I forgot Raiders drafted both Ruggs and then Edwards in the 3rd, and they still have Hunter, Tyrell, Ahgolor, Doss, etc.  Given Zay brings nothing to ST, he basically said he wont make the team.  I laughed and said thats what I said in Buffalo last year too haha.  

Anyway, what do you guys think...Zay make the cut in Las Vegas?  Tyrell, Ruggs, and Hunter clearly ahead of him.  Then there is also Nelson Agholor, and Doss competing with Zay too plus a handful of other guys in the mix.  I would bet Raiders likely only keep 5 given their KR is a RB.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Maybe not, but I could see him making it ahead of Agholor. Agholor is Zay Jones, except arguably more well known and still more of a disappointment. Doss is the talented wildcard, but undrafted. If he can play special teams, which I think he does, then he should get the nod ahead of both Zay and Agholor.

Peterman definitely no. Zay is 50/50. In reality the answer should be no. But I suspect he sneaks on ahead of someone like Doss because GMs don't much like giving up on someone they gave something up for. It is the same reason he made the roster here last year. I am going for yes Zay makes the week 1 roster but is cut by week 6. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only two guys who will threaten Zay for a roster spot are Ateman and Doss.   Two guys who were undrafted against a guy they gave up a draft pick for. I think he makes it this year, but will be gone after that. 

Additionally, they only have 3 quarterbacks listed on their depth chart so unless they only keep two guys The Peterman Can will make it as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Zay is a maybe. He’s currently projected as a 2nd stringer. Peterman is a maybe as well as he went from the only 4th stringer in the league last year to the 3rd string. If they kept 4 last year it wouldn’t surprise to see them keep 3 this year. I voted no on both guys because they are bad football players that don’t warrant a roster spot. I think it will end up as a yes though, because Gruden.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In hindsight, maybe we should have not traded up Zay, stayed put, and picked Kupp or Juju.  Thank god this regime is just paying free agent receivers and making trades.  They were awful at evaluating receivers. 

I’ll own this. I LOVED Zay coming out. He was so productive throughout his career and dominated the senior bowl. I really thought he was going to be a rich man’s Robert Woods. Whoops

• Like (+1) 2

I put yes for both.  Not because I believe either is a good football player. 

Peterman will likely be the third QB, seeing as they cut Kizer.  Yes, he's a bad player, we all know... but you never hear anything but people raving about the job he does in preparing/practicing.  That type of player isn't bad because usually they make the other players try harder.  He's not a bad player to keep, so long as he is buried pretty far down the depth chart

Zay Jones can't catch a cold in December.  But since the Raiders traded for him and he is a former 2nd round pick, they probably will let him stay on the squad in the hopes that he magically learns how to catch. 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay is a maybe. He’s currently projected as a 2nd stringer. Peterman is a maybe as well as he went from the only 4th stringer in the league last year to the 3rd string. If they kept 4 last year it wouldn’t surprise to see them keep 3 this year. I voted no on both guys because they are bad football players that don’t warrant a roster spot. I think it will end up as a yes though, because Gruden.

I’ll own this. I LOVED Zay coming out. He was so productive throughout his career and dominated the senior bowl. I really thought he was going to be a rich man’s Robert Woods. Whoops

To be fair, I never say him play in college.  But I absolutely loved JuJu and wanted him so bad.  

I would say this with High picked receiver’s. You should have one semi elite skill - speed, size, route running, hands. I don’t think Zay had any.  

5 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I put yes for both.  Not because I believe either is a good football player. 

Peterman will likely be the third QB, seeing as they cut Kizer.  Yes, he's a bad player, we all know... but you never hear anything but people raving about the job he does in preparing/practicing.  That type of player isn't bad because usually they make the other players try harder.  He's not a bad player to keep, so long as he is buried pretty far down the depth chart

Zay Jones can't catch a cold in December.  But since the Raiders traded for him and he is a former 2nd round pick, they probably will let him stay on the squad in the hopes that he magically learns how to catch. 

Man, the Peterman love won’t die!  Kizer >>> Peterman. He just doesn’t have a nfl arm.  Nice guy though. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

To be fair, I never say him play in college.  But I absolutely loved JuJu and wanted him so bad.  

I would say this with High picked receiver’s. You should have one semi elite skill - speed, size, route running, hands. I don’t think Zay had any.  

Man, the Peterman love won’t die!  Kizer >>> Peterman. He just doesn’t have a nfl arm.  Nice guy though. 

Yeh Peterman has the head but not the arm.