NFL will allow social justice decals on helmets

Greg S

Awesome!  I've been really looking for some outlets to find serious social justice discussion and messaging.  I can't seem to find that anywhere these days.  It's almost like no one is talking about any of these social justice issues.  Glad to see the NFL filling the void.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I completely agree. The issue with this situation is the policy that allowed it to happen that way. I get the outrage and I’m there with you on that end, but to say it’s police brutality is burying the lead, I think. 

I agree that this falls into a different category , but that fact that the police lied on the report and didn't give aid to the victim hurts their case a bit.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What is it they lied about? I hadn’t seen that.

For starters, they listed her injuries as 'none'  , they also reported that they didn't force their way into the apartment when they actually used a battering ram.

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I was at Disney with my family on March 14th, the day before last day everything was open...normally.  

It is "open" now, technically.

Believe me eball, you ARE NOT getting away from the real world if you go to Disney.

Donuts, my family just bought our tix for Disney in January 2021, race weekend, and I’m still not convinced we will be able to go by even then, “normally.” I’m just hoping the park will be open still then and that the races will happen! Am supposed to run the marathon for the 2nd straight year, but who knows?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, racketmaster said:

I’ll leave on this note, I’m beginning to think that the country needs to have some type of mandatory military or community service requirement. This would serve a few purposes (1) the youth could use some sort of understanding of discipline, respect, teamwork, and service that appears to be lacking amongst a higher than normal amount of their generation and (2) it would be a good way to create a common bond amongst all citizens having gone through the service requirement together spending time and developing friendships with all different peoples from all different backgrounds thus forcing more people to break out of their bubbles. 

You forgot (3) Rich kids will learn value of money and keeping in good grace with parents who use influence to prevent their kids from needing to do service.

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seriously the NFLPA can get anything it wants Right now and the NFL will give in, in the hopes they play at all.  There has never been a better time for them to ask for whatever they want 

stand by for sideline hot tubs 

Good year for teams to hold players to contracts and have players hold out not necessitating paying players to not play.

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

For starters, they listed her injuries as 'none'  , they also reported that they didn't force their way into the apartment when they actually used a battering ram.

Apparently they lied to get the no-knock warrant as well. 

On 7/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, JaCrispy said:

Slight sarcasm because things have become so polarized...seems like no one is allowed to say anything positive about police...

Is a decal honoring officers fallen in the line of duty positive, or nah?

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, Beast said:

Or the five Dallas officers that were murdered that the NFL wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear a decal in honor of.

I am disappointed too. It does represent First Responders. It would be nice to grandfather this in but I doubt it would be.

• Like (+1) 1

There probably is a list of approved sayings vetted by a "non-partisan" board of people. People chosen will be appointed by mayors and governors of cities that have had the most protests that became riots, inner-city turmoil,  and violence against others and building property damage rates.

Increased percentages of media coverage generated on specific media outlets can factor in.

Social workers will be appointed to serve as game commentators, referees, and security at events.

Edited by Wizard

13 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Donuts, my family just bought our tix for Disney in January 2021, race weekend, and I’m still not convinced we will be able to go by even then, “normally.” I’m just hoping the park will be open still then and that the races will happen! Am supposed to run the marathon for the 2nd straight year, but who knows?

HUDS, I am actually fully confident that things will go well for you in January. I’ve been watching lately a number of videos on Disney and on their reopening.  It really looks like they have many things under control.

Allears.net on YouTube and DFB on YouTube are good sources of information.  Molly from Allears has been doing videos of the openings since they started back up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you clarify this? I read through it but not sure what point you’re trying to make with it. 

11 hours ago, klos63 said:

Is that something you have a link to? I haven’t seen that. 

Also, as we discussed before, I’m not sure a bad report after the fact makes that case police brutality, as the league is calling it.

Edited by whatdrought

I’m glad we have some semblance of social And racial justice and advocacy going on, but it’s hard to have empathy for billionaires who get taxpayer funded stadiums. There’s no capital risk to owning an NFL team. Has a team gone bankrupt in the past 60 years?  And if there is I guarantee you their owners took a better deal to move elsewhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Can you clarify this? I read through it but not sure what point you’re trying to make with it. 

Is that something you have a link to? I haven’t seen that. 

Also, as we discussed before, I’m not sure a bad report after the fact makes that case police brutality, as the league is calling it.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/breonna-taylor-police.html

58 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m glad we have some semblance of social And racial justice and advocacy going on, but it’s hard to have empathy for billionaires who get taxpayer funded stadiums. There’s no capital risk to owning an NFL team. Has a team gone bankrupt in the past 60 years?  And if there is I guarantee you their owners took a better deal to move elsewhere. 

I can’t even recall a team operating at a loss

47 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Thanks. 

Seems like there’s a lot of questions left unanswered about this. The discrepancy in the report feels more like a clerical error to me rather than a lie, because how dumb do you have to be to lie about someone not being injured who died from injuries or the forced entry thing which is pretty easy to prove. I guess we’ll see what happens with that. 

One thing that I caught was that in this article it says he shot after they breached the door, but in the USA Today article Hap posted it says he fired through the door and then they breached. I’m curious about which is right there. 

And I think the big crux is whether or not they identified themselves. Obviously we have conflicting reports, but it’s hard to say which is accurate at this time. 

Either way, not at all a fan of no-knock warrants. That being said still not sure this case is an example of police brutality and should be put on helmets as such.