NFL will allow social justice decals on helmets

Greg S

1 hour ago, 17years&waiting said:

Can they wear something for the 40+ million babies aborted in the womb?  19+ million were black babies.  That's far more murders than any amount of police brutality.

Or are only certain social causes allowed?  

and 3......2.....1.........

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

I think he likes the Italians though. :thumbsup:

only if they're 15 years old.

52 minutes ago, Beast said:

I saw that nowhere in the article but, even if they were allowed to (LOL) do you think anyone actually would when Drew Brees was masssacred for his stance on the National Anthem?

massacred ?

I guess the NFL going from fining Jake Plummer for wearing a message honoring Pat Tillman to letting all players wear messages of a certain opinion is progress. 
Or they’re just another company that pretends to care about social issues in 2020 because that’s the way the wind is blowing.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I saw that nowhere in the article but, even if they were allowed to (LOL) do you think anyone actually would when Drew Brees was masssacred for his stance on the National Anthem?

That's a way to get head hunted on the field.

25 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

I guess the NFL going from fining Jake Plummer for wearing a message honoring Pat Tillman to letting all players wear messages of a certain opinion is progress. 
Or they’re just another company that pretends to care about social issues in 2020 because that’s the way the wind is blowing.

We have a winner! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nester said:

I watch sports to keep my mind off politics and other stress you life.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORTS!

Thanks 

Sorry, brother, it doesn’t work that way. If you don’t want to allow professional athletes to also be people and support their causes — in a way that doesn’t impact the game you’re watching AT ALL — you are free to change the channel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Or the five Dallas officers that were murdered that the NFL wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear a decal in honor of.

I would assume that's what "or fallen police officers on their helmets means" - it is now allowed

46 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Slight sarcasm because things have become so polarized...seems like no one is allowed to say anything positive about police...

?‍♂️

this neighborhood we got "Thank you, Officers" and "Black Lives Matter" signs - sometimes on the same lawns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Sorry, brother, it doesn’t work that way. If you don’t want to allow professional athletes to also be people and support their causes — in a way that doesn’t impact the game you’re watching AT ALL — you are free to change the channel. 

Enough people will start to do that if this continues and it will affect the bottom line.  The virtue signaling will be over and the NFL will return to it's bread and butter as it should.  Politics should not be mixed with sports.  As many have said, it's a way to get away from the real world, nothing that you and your ilk say about "changing the channel" or any other write off, will change that.  Keep doing this NFL, it will not end well.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I saw that and was hoping to find it in the article but didn’t so I’m not sure what to believe.

This article states it in the text, though it's kind of in passing

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/07/report-nfl-players-to-wear-helmet-decals-honoring-victims-of-police-brutality/

While the move hasn’t been finalized, the league is working with the NFL Players Association on an agreed list of names for players to use before the regular season begins. Players will provide the list of names with approval from the league office.

Players will not be required to wear decals, per NFL Network’s Steve Wyche. However, they will receive the choice of paying their respects to victims of violence or police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.

It looks as though they get to pick only one name though.

Is it just me, or is that kind of a bull#### way of wording it?  "victims of violence or police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty" - aren't those officers victims of violence also?  Thinking about it, they could have been injured in an explosion or fire or while saving someone's life so maybe that's what they're trying to account for