Pegulas to buy energy business

BillsMafi$

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

SPAC concept is pretty simple, I’m not sure who is missing it, but the prospectus is pretty clear and covers what this one is and what it is not and general KPIs of potential acquisition targets they will (and as industry experts have in past acquisitions and operations) center due diligence around. As well as what they expect to be able to do post acquisition.  This isn’t some passive investment play. It’s private equity under a different finance model. 

Pegula plus his board of very well Credentialed performers certainly understand the industry well enough to raise hundreds of millions in capital on intent and prior results.  

Peak oil and peak demand alarmists we’ve been hearing from for 70 years...  and Tesla batteries and EV cars? Let me know me when just the incremental annual growth in global car sales and automotive energy consumption is covered by EV... 100% in 10 years? I’m laughing... 

So in summary, a highly likely rebound in demand in the next 2-3 years from a historic demand dislocation that is presently causing active productive wells to be immediately undervalued and whose operators are looking to sell assets to offset near term price challenges to stay afloat into this weak market.....

Terry you dummy, what are you thinking???  don’t you read this guys posts? 

No one was anticipating peak demand despite a sea of cheap oil and gas 70 years ago or even 20 years ago.  Peak theory was all about depleting our reserves of oil which could be produced economically.  In the last 5 years the U.S. has doubled its production and surpassed Saudi as the number one producer in the world.  Suffice to say, fears of depleting all the worlds easily recoverable oil are no longer.

Laugh all you want but China, the EU, and select U.S. states all have aggressive targets for emissions reduction.  Every major car manufacturer is introducing an EV or has one in production.  Most major manufacturers of Class 8 trucks have announced plans to introduce EVs.  Fleet vehicle adoption of EVs is underway with the U.S. post office and Amazon getting ready to deploy.  Tesla has already installed the Powerpack in Australia and in the U.S. to eliminate the need for a gas peaker plant and the early results show no drop in performance and significant savings.   I'm sure one day you TSLA shorts will have your moment in the sun.

The car replaced the horse in a span of about 20 years. Think about the magnitude of that transformation.  You don't think a different kind of car can surpass an internal combustion engine in 10 years when every manufacturer agrees EVs or hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles are the future?

Where is this rebound in demand coming from?  Commodity prices were already in the shitter before COVID-19.  We were already realizing all time highs in gasoline inventories in 2019 which have been mostly steady since.  What factors will drive consumption and boost commodity prices?  Are you anticipating a huge market shakeout, significantly lower production, and a global market re-balancing (because the world's major producers always cooperate so well.  Even OPEC can't get its own ***** together these days).  What will drive a recovery in the energy industry to something resembling previous highs as you have predicted?  For years the demand story has been the China opportunity but China leads the world in EV adoption. 

Petrochem is one of few bright spots long-term for the natural gas industry.  Hyliion is doing some interesting stuff with natural gas but its not going to move the needle for the industry.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No one was anticipating peak demand despite a sea of cheap oil and gas 70 years ago or even 20 years ago.  Peak theory was all about depleting our reserves of oil which could be produced economically.  In the last 5 years the U.S. has doubled its production and surpassed Saudi as the number one producer in the world.  Suffice to say, fears of depleting all the worlds easily recoverable oil are no longer.

Laugh all you want but China, the EU, and select U.S. states all have aggressive targets for emissions reduction.  Every major car manufacturer is introducing an EV or has one in production.  Most major manufacturers of Class 8 trucks have announced plans to introduce EVs.  Fleet vehicle adoption of EVs is underway with the U.S. post office and Amazon getting ready to deploy.  Tesla has already installed the Powerpack in Australia and in the U.S. to eliminate the need for a gas peaker plant and the early results show no drop in performance and significant savings.   I'm sure one day you TSLA shorts will have your moment in the sun.

The car replaced the horse in a span of about 20 years. Think about the magnitude of that transformation.  You don't think a different kind of car can surpass an internal combustion engine in 10 years when every manufacturer agrees EVs or hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles are the future?

Where is this rebound in demand coming from?  Commodity prices were already in the shitter before COVID-19.  We were already realizing all time highs in gasoline inventories in 2019 which have been mostly steady since.  What factors will drive consumption and boost commodity prices?  Are you anticipating a huge market shakeout, significantly lower production, and a global market re-balancing (because the world's major producers always cooperate so well.  Even OPEC can't get its own ***** together these days).  What will drive a recovery in the energy industry to something resembling previous highs as you have predicted?  For years the demand story has been the China opportunity but China leads the world in EV adoption. 

Petrochem is one of few bright spots long-term for the natural gas industry.  Hyliion is doing some interesting stuff with natural gas but its not going to move the needle for the industry.

roger that.  its jouranimo vs Pegula.  Let’s see who wins. I’ve placed my bet. 

I think you are very optimistic how much new auto EV market share is needed to start moving the needle and when that’s going to happen. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

roger that.  its jouranimo vs Pegula.  Let’s see who wins. I’ve placed my bet. 

I think you are very optimistic how much new auto EV market share is needed to start moving the needle and when that’s going to happen. 

So how many shares of ERESU do you own? 

Go read my contributions in this thread. Never said Pegula doesn't know what hes doing or wont make money so you can quit with the strawman.  You think the energy industry is headed to new highs for reasons you can't articulate, and that's great.  Another poster thinks this SPAC will do 2x at least.  I have responded to misinformation and baseless speculation. 

Clearly, I'm not so bullish on fossil fuel market given the reasons I have laid out.  I'm also skeptical of the SPAC boom in general.  How many actually say they can't find a suitable acquisition and return capital to their investors? None.  The pressure to make a deal, any deal is real.  The history of SPACs in the energy space is particularly terrible.  Pegula may find a some nice deals and investors could very well make some nice returns if he can scoop up some distressed assets.  If you think $4 mbtu gas is coming back anytime soon given the supply we have, well I disagree.

I was highly skeptical for a while but now I am optimistic on the EV market.  I am digging my 150% YTD return on TSLA too.  The world's largest car market is all in on EV's.  Major manufacturers like VW, GM, Ford are all in.  I do think hydrogen is a dead end.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/05/30/chinas-all-in-on-electric-vehicles-heres-how-that-will-accelerate-sales-in-other-nations/#1746a016e5c1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Go read my contributions in this thread. Never said Pegula doesn't know what hes doing or wont make money so you can quit with the strawman.  You think the energy industry is headed to new highs for reasons you can't articulate, and that's great.  Another poster thinks this SPAC will do 2x at least.  I have responded to misinformation and baseless speculation. 

Clearly, I'm not so bullish on fossil fuel market given the reasons I have laid out.  I'm also skeptical of the SPAC boom in general.  How many actually say they can't find a suitable acquisition and return capital to their investors? None.  The pressure to make a deal, any deal is real.  The history of SPACs in the energy space is particularly terrible.  Pegula may find a some nice deals and investors could very well make some nice returns if he can scoop up some distressed assets.  If you think $4 mbtu gas is coming back anytime soon given the supply we have, well I disagree.

I was highly skeptical for a while but now I am optimistic on the EV market.  I am digging my 150% YTD return on TSLA too.  The world's largest car market is all in on EV's.  Major manufacturers like VW, GM, Ford are all in.  I do think hydrogen is a dead end.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyinnovation/2018/05/30/chinas-all-in-on-electric-vehicles-heres-how-that-will-accelerate-sales-in-other-nations/#1746a016e5c1

I bought a small bit... 1000 shares. I expect to hold for 2-3 yrs max, again I view it as a near term value play at best. You keep taking past that taking about ev starting to dominate the market of new cars in 2036... 

TSLA’s risk had more to do with Musk running afoul of SEC with his twitter account. I traded that one a bit last year and got a healthy return. The valuation right now is obscene with 700+ PE. I’d liquidate some of that if I were you. 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I bought a small bit... 1000 shares. I expect to hold for 2-3 yrs max, again I view it as a near term value play at best. You keep taking past that taking about ev starting to dominate the market of new cars in 2036... 

TSLA’s risk had more to do with Musk running afoul of SEC with his twitter account. I traded that one a bit last year and got a healthy return. The valuation right now is obscene with 700+ PE. I’d liquidate some of that if I were you. 

I've thought a lot about selling but I like TSLA long term and the big question is what price point do you get back in and will we realize the big pullback to something like $700 per share?  With this liquidity fueled market and its momentum TSLA could easily hit $2,000 before it sees something under a $1,000 again.  But then I hear fantasy football bros like the Bar Stool Sports mouthbreathers and 17 year olds with RobinHood accounts slinging stock tips and I think I should just sell it all and sit on cash.

P/Es make no sense in the tech sector.  How do you even put a value on their lead in self-driving technology, the vast amount of data collected, their prop to upend the insurance market, and the subscription model for software they are proposing?  The street basically assigns no value to their solar or industrial battery segment.    

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I've thought a lot about selling but I like TSLA long term and the big question is what price point do you get back in and will we realize the big pullback to something like $700 per share?  With this liquidity fueled market and its momentum TSLA could easily hit $2,000 before it sees something under a $1,000 again.  But then I hear fantasy football bros like the Bar Stool Sports mouthbreathers and 17 year olds with RobinHood accounts slinging stock tips and I think I should just sell it all and sit on cash.

P/Es make no sense in the tech sector.  How do you even put a value on their lead in self-driving technology, the vast amount of data collected, their prop to upend the insurance market, and the subscription model for software they are proposing?  The street basically assigns no value to their solar or industrial battery segment.    

earnings matter but fine it’ll be interesting to see how quickly they live up to that 300B valuation 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

EVs still run on electric and more of our electric will be supplied by natural gas. Not to mention all those coal power plants need to be converted over to NG. The more EVs on the road, the more electric demand will increase. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Jauronimo 

i guess I came back to your side of the issue...  I just sold 80% of my stake. With an anti fracker as VP in a matter of months and possibly president thereafter, that might be a killer to any value plays Pegs can spin even near term. I’ll keep the other 200 just for kicks but it’s likely not moving much.

Probably will just plop the proceeds into a bank Stock or BP which are benefiting from and apparently sector rotation from tech to industrials. 

i also made a hefty $23 (~13 after transaction feeds) On my move!  What a wild ride it was. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:24 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

Stock $10.01 and NG $2.19 . Not much action. 

the other possibility of course is anti fracking could drive prices up, in the form of constraining exploration,  but I’m not sure what that does for producers without conventional wells. 

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

@Jauronimo 

i guess I came back to your side of the issue...  I just sold 80% of my stake. With an anti fracker as VP in a matter of months and possibly president thereafter, that might be a killer to any value plays Pegs can spin even near term. I’ll keep the other 200 just for kicks but it’s likely not moving much.

Probably will just plop the proceeds into a bank Stock or BP which are benefiting from and apparently sector rotation from tech to industrials. 

i also made a hefty $23 (~13 after transaction feeds) On my move!  What a wild ride it was. 

the other possibility of course is anti fracking could drive prices up, in the form of constraining exploration,  but I’m not sure what that does for producers without conventional wells. 

Taking my word for it pretty much guarantees this venture will now be an overnight success.

But there will be plenty of time to get back in, if you choose, once they identify a target and release some actual information

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

@Jauronimo 

Sad to see you sell your shares. NG is going nowhere and I doubt any laws are passed to ban fracking nation wide. That would just about kill what energy independence we had. I can see fracking being band if we had like 50% national EV fleet and 50% renewable energy mix, but we are nowhere near those kind of numbers yet. Pegula has already stated they want to target assets that already have productive wells. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sad to see you sell your shares. NG is going nowhere and I doubt any laws are passed to ban fracking nation wide. That would just about kill what energy independence we had. I can see fracking being band if we had like 50% national EV fleet and 50% renewable energy mix, but we are nowhere near those kind of numbers yet. Pegula has already stated they want to target assets that already have productive wells. 

It was more about Harris and her bio and stance on green new deal AND the Democrats May well sweep WH, and both houses AnD the AU prof who’s hit every election since Nixon says Biden is the guy. I kept 200 shares anyway. 

I still believe in pegs, But this is going to be a headwind I wasn’t really thinking about. for example he could acquire a value asset but then get caught up in a bunch of new regulatory stuff that kill his ability to execute. 

while I trust logic, politics are unpredictable 

14 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It was more about Harris and her bio and stance on green new deal AND the Democrats May well sweep WH, and both houses AnD the AU prof who’s hit every election since Nixon says Biden is the guy. I kept 200 shares anyway. 

I still believe in pegs, But this is going to be a headwind I wasn’t really thinking about. for example he could acquire a value asset but then get caught up in a bunch of new regulatory stuff that kill his ability to execute. 

while I trust logic, politics are unpredictable 

I just don’t see it. They may want a green new deal, but it’s not happening overnight. Renewables will be a gradual rise. NG is safe for another 40 years. It’s coal and oil that’s in trouble. I wouldn’t invest if any company is exposed to those. 

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I just don’t see it. They may want a green new deal, but it’s not happening overnight. Renewables will be a gradual rise. NG is safe for another 40 years. It’s coal and oil that’s in trouble. I wouldn’t invest if any company is exposed to those. 

sure, I’m talking growth potential not safe.  All I’m saying is growth investment potential is impacted by a dem sweep and anti frackers in power. 

AFA was the last priority When they had a sweep. Killing fossil fuel industry or at least complicating its ability to operate is probably next on the list. It’s where a large amount of republican money comes from. 

Did you take a position ? 

On 8/13/2020 at 8:21 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

sure, I’m talking growth potential not safe.  All I’m saying is growth investment potential is impacted by a dem sweep and anti frackers in power. 

AFA was the last priority When they had a sweep. Killing fossil fuel industry or at least complicating its ability to operate is probably next on the list. It’s where a large amount of republican money comes from. 

Did you take a position ? 

I think Pegula can make 3 to 5x by the time he sells off the company again. I don’t want to be in long term (more than 6 years) . I have a fairly large position. 8k shares.