Pegulas to buy energy business

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

“viability”?  Doubt it.

Has many felt compelled to question their viability publicly?

So just because they don't actually say it, they're not concerned with it?  OK.

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

ok doc.  lol

Ok...what?  You're saying that since no one else is expressing their concern...that they're not concerned about the viability of their entertainment businesses?  That everything is hunky dory?  I think everyone (else) can see the absurdity of that statement.

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Name one energy venture Pegula has been in that has flopped. 

Doesn't matter.  WEO knows more than a billionaire who made his fortune in this area.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Ok...what?  You're saying that since no one else is expressing their concern...that they're not concerned about the viability of their entertainment businesses?  That everything is hunky dory?  I think everyone (else) can see the absurdity of that statement.

Doesn't matter.  WEO knows more than a billionaire who made his fortune in this area.  

A lot of other people apparently trust Pegula to. IPO closed in 3 days. I look forward to watching my investment grow. As long as Pegula is CEO and controls a large % of the outstanding shares, I feel like he can bring at least 2x growth. 

24 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

A lot of other people apparently trust Pegula to. IPO closed in 3 days. I look forward to watching my investment grow. As long as Pegula is CEO and controls a large % of the outstanding shares, I feel like he can bring at least 2x growth. 

Looks that way.

It's very simple to me.  Investing in someone with a good track record in the industry is a sound idea.  It doesn't mean the investment will be a success, but it makes a whole lot more sense investing in someone who already has shown that he can make money in the industry.  

Warren Buffett is the extreme example.  He's shown he can succeed investing in a lot of different businesses, so people are willing to give him money to invest.  

Buy low, sell high is a winning formula.  Petrochemicals are low.  They aren't going to zero permanently, not for a few hundred years.  If I want to buy some petrochemicals low, I don't mind having Terry Pegula make the choices for me.  He has a track record.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's very simple to me.  Investing in someone with a good track record in the industry is a sound idea.  It doesn't mean the investment will be a success, but it makes a whole lot more sense investing in someone who already has shown that he can make money in the industry.  

Warren Buffett is the extreme example.  He's shown he can succeed investing in a lot of different businesses, so people are willing to give him money to invest.  

Buy low, sell high is a winning formula.  Petrochemicals are low.  They aren't going to zero permanently, not for a few hundred years.  If I want to buy some petrochemicals low, I don't mind having Terry Pegula make the choices for me.  He has a track record.  

This. NG isn’t going anywhere for a long time. Renewables are great, but anyone thinking NG won’t be around doesn’t know anything about global energy. EVs have to run on electric, and NG will more than likely fill that demand. 100% solar isn’t happening anytime soon without massive battery storage which will need vast amounts of lithium. Not to mention NG as a heating fuel, it will be incredibly difficult to switch that in northern climates without paying way more in electricity costs. NG is also going to be needed for the growth of the developing world countries. 

NG is also more than likely going to replace coal power plants. 

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Name one energy venture Pegula has been in that has flopped. 

JKLM seems to be struggling a bit.  They stopped drilling months before COVID as NG prices continued to tank.

I asked you twice of you gave him  money in the IPO.  You didn't respond.  Now you're saying you did invest with him in this new venture?  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

There's being "concerned" and  there's making an unsolicited public announcement  that you business is at a point where your "goal is to make sure we are viable"  and still "here for the next few months"  Weeks later they would fire their Executive VP of Finance.  

I don't see the Yankees, the Rangers, Giants (heck, the Knicks), etc, announcing publicly that they are in rough shape and trying to remain viable for a few months. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's being "concerned" and  there's making an unsolicited public announcement  that you business is at a point where your "goal is to make sure we are viable"  and still "here for the next few months"  Weeks later they would fire their Executive VP of Finance.  

I don't see the Yankees, the Rangers, Giants (heck, the Knicks), etc, announcing publicly that they are in rough shape and trying to remain viable for a few months. 

She's obviously not talking about the Bills or even the Sabres.  Both of those teams will survive for sure.  

8 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Pegula created his wealth ("made money in the industry") by extracting fuel from the ground, not as an investor in energy companies..  When he saw where NG was headed and the resistance forcing was meeting, he cashed out (very wise) of this very industry.  Since then he has limited his production to a small company he owns that stopped new drilling a while ago and NG prices have been diving for over 2 years.

He wouldn't be considered an "investor"--certainly not in any sense similar to Buffet, until this new venture.

If you want to invest in petrochemicals that's easy enough for you to do without Pegula's help.  With him, you would be investing in companies that make the fuel.  That's different.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pegula created his wealth ("made money in the industry") by extracting fuel from the ground, not as an investor in energy companies..  When he saw where NG was headed and the resistance forcing was meeting, he cashed out (very wise) of this very industry.  Since then he has limited his production to a small company he owns that stopped new drilling a while ago and NG prices have been diving for over 2 years.

He wouldn't be considered an "investor"--certainly not in any sense similar to Buffet, until this new venture.

If you want to invest in petrochemicals that's easy enough for you to do without Pegula's help.  With him, you would be investing in companies that make the fuel.  That's different.

That's absurd. Its foolish to suggest that a man who created a $5 billion natural gas company doesn't understand the natural gas markets.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's absurd. Its foolish to suggest that a man who created a $5 billion natural gas company doesn't understand the natural gas markets.  

He certainly understood them enough to get out of them.

I wonder if Eastern Resources Acquisition Co. will by out JKLM....

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He certainly understood them enough to get out of them.

I wonder if Eastern Resources Acquisition Co. will by out JKLM....

He is smart enough to navigate the ups and downs. When you can show me a $5 BILLION net worth, I’ll be happy to listen. Until then? 

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

He is smart enough to navigate the ups and downs. When you can show me a $5 BILLION net worth, I’ll be happy to listen. Until then? 

Did you invest in his IPO?  It's down to $10.  When you have, I will be happy tom listen.