Pegulas to buy energy business

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah no kidding. I'm sure he has some inside tips too. People that rich at their craft dont make foolish major investments (for the most part). I'm sure Terry knows what hes doing. Man, people make him out to be this barely literate bafoon. It's pretty hilarious. 

Yeah.  It's mostly the people that don't like him (for some reason, considering he saved the team and returned it to respectability pretty quickly).

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Natural gas prices have been in a steadily decline since 2009 (height of fracking). While affected by the economy, as a trades commodity, it’s price is mostly determined by supply and demand. 

https://ieefa.org/ieefa-update-low-natural-gas-prices-a-negative-outlook-for-energy-sector/

That report won’t be included in the East Resources Acquisition Co prospectus...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That report won’t be included in the East Resources Acquisition Co prospectus...

No. It’s definitely a bearish report. But the gas prices as factual. I will say this though. Gas prices may never recover in Terry’s lifetime (unless fracking dies). 

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah.  It's mostly the people that don't like him (for some reason, considering he saved the team and returned it to respectability pretty quickly).

For some strange reason, there is a contingent of people out there who resent anyone who is wealthy. I personally don’t get that, but it’s clearly a real thing. I’m good with (decent) wealthy people, in fact I’d love to be one! 

Why the hate from some people? 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

For some strange reason, there is a contingent of people out there who resent anyone who is wealthy. I personally don’t get that, but it’s clearly a real thing. I’m good with (decent) wealthy people, in fact I’d love to be one! 

Why the hate from some people? 

There are those.  And then there's a contingent that likes to bag on Terry every chance they get, while fluffing other NFL owners.

Edited by Doc

SPACs have become a popular investment vehicle for, among others, private equity firms, hedge funds, and strong management teams with ties to certain industries.  I believe that SPACs now represent a majority of the initial public offerings each year.  The key is finding an appropriate target company and close the business combination.  Typically, once the business combination is announced, the best indicator of future success is how the SPAC's stock trades after the announcement of the transaction.  If it trades up, the transaction will generally close. 

Probably a very good time for a SPAC to be looking at distressed companies and assets in the energy area, but there are a significant number of SPACs looking for business combination target companies right now.

Edited by jahnyc
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

No. It’s definitely a bearish report. But the gas prices as factual. I will say this though. Gas prices may never recover in Terry’s lifetime (unless fracking dies). 

Certainly possible 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

You're probably right.  At least in terms of successful athletes or HC's.

So I guess we’ll just put an end to the board? Or maybe just @MJS and @Mr. WEO can just agree that neither will post again regarding football or fracking? 

?

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

So I guess we’ll just put an end to the board? Or maybe just @MJS and @Mr. WEO can just agree that neither will post again regarding football or fracking? 

?

No, there are lots of other people to criticize.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, but it's the same basic thinking--(1) that natural gas will be around for a long, long time, and (2) buying assets at these prices is a great investment.

Pegula did it with East Resources (what suckers Shell were) and he'll do it again now...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yes, but it's the same basic thinking--(1) that natural gas will be around for a long, long time, and (2) buying assets at these prices is a great investment.

Pegula did it with East Resources (what suckers Shell were) and he'll do it again now...

If the internet had existed back then...

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Buffet isn’t buying production.  

Pegula didn’t buy East resources.  He created it and ultimately sold it to “suckers”, who just got 11 cents on the dollar for those assets.  

Natural gas will always be around but so may the current prices.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Buffet isn’t buying production.  

Pegula didn’t buy East resources.  He created it and ultimately sold it to “suckers”, who just got 11 cents on the dollar for those assets.  

Natural gas will always be around but so may the current prices.

I don't know what to say to you.    Buffett's infrastructure play and Peg's drilling/development activities are all part of the same "circle of life."     

Pricing is a function of supply/demand.    Right now, that demand is MIA.   But longer term, as coal goes away and alternative sources need to move from concept to reality (with all the bumps that entails), good old natural gas will have plenty of buyers at prices likely higher than today...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

...or maybe it’s because over the last decade he has turned the Sabres into one of the all-time bad NHL teams.   ?

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't know what to say to you.    Buffett's infrastructure play and Peg's drilling/development activities are all part of the same "circle of life."     

Pricing is a function of supply/demand.    Right now, that demand is MIA.   But longer term, as coal goes away and alternative sources need to move from concept to reality (with all the bumps that entails), good old natural gas will have plenty of buyers at prices likely higher than today...

Buffet own the means of getting product to market.  No matter what price of gas—all time high, all time low—don’t matter: all producers will have to pay him.  His risk is not what the producers is.  

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...or maybe it’s because over the last decade he has turned the Sabres into one of the all-time bad NHL teams.   ?

That's too bad...for Sabres fans.  Their other teams are doing well.

Edited by Doc

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Buffet own the means of getting product to market.  No matter what price of gas—all time high, all time low—don’t matter: all producers will have to pay him.  His risk is not what the producers is.  

So why are those pipeline and storage assets assets undervalued to the point that he's "buying low?"    

Buffett's not risk immune here.   Those infrastructure assets can and do go up and down in value, just like the actual commodity prices, driven by whether people want to own them or not.   Right now, the hot money doesn't want them.   Buffett's simply willing to take a longer investment horizon than most, which usually works to his favor (except in the case of airlines.  Doh!!)...