Call your shot: Will the season start on time?

Will the season kick off on TNF September 10th?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. NFL 2020 season kickoff with Texans at Chiefs 9/10

• Won’t happen ... season will be cancelled
    • Won’t happen ... season will be delayed
    • Will happen ... let the countdown to NFL football begin

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think they will start. I’m far less sure they will finish. 

This is where I'm at also. 

Just feels like they are going to try it and see what happens and feel like it's going to fail. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

What is the season thus far? Is it the full 16 games? Did they release schedules/plan for attendance?

Full 16 games. Schedule is in place.

attendance Is decided per each team but pretty much at the mercy of the state government 

• Like (+1) 1

The players want their money.

The league wants their advertising and TV money.

What is the one thing that could make the NFL even more popular than they already are? An American public that is craving ANY escape from the insanity that is this country currently. The viewership would be up across the board.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The players want their money.

The league wants their advertising and TV money.

What is the one thing that could make the NFL even more popular than they already are? An American public that is craving ANY escape from the insanity that is this country currently. The viewership would be up across the board.

Plus, add in the fact that fans can’t attend (= more tv viewers) and less gathering at bars (= more individual houses tuned in)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see lots of posts saying there won’t be a season. I have to say the signs point to the season kicking off as planned. 

I think they start on time and when the flu hits along with Covid - the season is cancelled early.

I do not think they get through the season without at least one break.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Without COVID-19 legal precedence, what's to say owners won't be liable if players/coaches/staff get sick -- or worse? Not only could this turn into a PR disaster for the league, worst-case, it could end up costing owners more than they'll make. They're still smarting from CTE. I don't see them chancing it. I think we'll be jerked around and teased -- and at the very last minute, they'll cancel, hoping we're distracted by the (football-less) holidays at home. I just depressed me.

I love football and the Bills and really hope it comes back.  The realist in me says that they either start on time and have to suspend or cancel the season due to the spread of the virus to too many players or they will have to delay the start for a few months until the conditions with the virus improve (curve flattened everywhere, vaccine invented, etc.)

15 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think they start on time and when the flu hits along with Covid - the season is cancelled early.

I do not think they get through the season without at least one break.

Speaking of breaks, giving every team 2 bye's might not be such a bad idea.

The normally scheduled bye and an everyone takes a week off simultaneously bye half way through the season.

Just a thought...