League agrees to no preseason games

24 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I don't follow your logic regarding the Northeast "trend".  The Northeast had case reduce due to a shut down and strict mask and social distancing protocols. 

It didn't just randomly burn itself. The states you listed above are doing little to stop the spread of Covid. 

If the NE continues the trend into the Fall, they may be onto something, but as of now they’ve just been the region of the country to lock down the hardest and take the longest to re-open.  

From friends I have back in the NYC area, they aren’t even to the levels of re-opening that the Southeast was in 2 months ago.   

If that’s the answer, so be it... but that’s not sustainable and once the NE opens back up, cases will rise... Believe it or not, most people in the urban areas of the South are wearing masks when going into stores.  Rural areas, not so much, but those areas aren’t the places reporting spikes. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If the NE continues the trend into the Fall, they may be onto something, but as of now they’ve just been the region of the country to lock down the hardest and take the longest to re-open.  

From friends I have back in the NYC area, they aren’t even to the levels of re-opening that the Southeast was in 2 months ago.   

If that’s the answer, so be it... but that’s not sustainable and once the NE opens back up, cases will rise... Believe it or not, most people in the urban areas of the South are wearing masks when going into stores.  Rural areas, not so much, but those areas aren’t the places reporting spikes. 

mixed feedback on both fronts in this southern state (Louisiana). I think you are way overgeneralizing with those statements.  

Just now, cd1 said:

I don't follow your logic regarding the Northeast "trend".  The Northeast had case reduce due to a shut down and strict mask and social distancing protocols. 

It didn't just randomly burn itself. The states you listed above are doing little to stop the spread of Covid. 

There's been no conclusive evidence that lockdowns have any effect on the amount of time it usually takes to flatten the curve.  Sweden for example took a hands off approach and the time it took to flatten the curve was about the same as other European countries imposing strict lockdowns (although their per capita deaths were a lot higher than other Nordic countries).  I fully expect by mid August cases to be significantly down in the hot spots right now.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's been no conclusive evidence that lockdowns have any effect on the amount of time it usually takes to flatten the curve.  Sweden for example took a hands off approach and the time it took to flatten the curve was about the same as other European countries imposing strict lockdowns (although their per capita deaths were a lot higher than other Nordic countries).  I fully expect by mid August cases to be significantly down in the hot spots right now.

I don’t like getting mixed up in politics, but this is a weird claim. Whoever told you this couldn’t be more wrong: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5472100002

3 hours ago, fallen627 said:

I don’t like getting mixed up in politics, but this is a weird claim. Whoever told you this couldn’t be more wrong: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5472100002

My point was Sweden who had few restrictions curve flattened in about the same time frame (two months) as NYC (who had strict lockdowns).  So, I don't see any reason why FL, AZ, TX, and CA don't follow a similar trend from mid June to mid August and they'll be fine once football season starts.

swden_covid_new-york_flatten-the-curve.j

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

My point was Sweden who had few restrictions curve flattened in about the same time frame (two months) as NYC (who had strict lockdowns).  So, I don't see any reason why FL, AZ, TX, and CA don't follow a similar trend from mid June to mid August and they'll be fine once football season starts.

swden_covid_new-york_flatten-the-curve.j

The fact that Sweden didn't even lockdown and is in solid shape should tell you it's all a scam.

9 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

The fact that Sweden didn't even lockdown and is in solid shape should tell you it's all a scam.

What I’m trying to figure out (too early to really think of a legit answer), is how does that graph show more deaths in Sweden than number of cases? I understand deaths lag, but even if all early cases led to death, that line for death being higher than cases for nearly two months still doesn’t make sense to me.

19 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

They had more than five times the amount of deaths per capita compared to other Nordic countries (Finland, Norway) who did impose strict lock down orders so it's not a scam.  I'm just pointing out that even without strict lockdown measures the virus eventually ran its course in about a two to two and 1/2 month time frame which should mean we should be ready to go in the areas being hit hard now by football season.  That's assuming a 2nd wave doesn't hit.

16 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

What I’m trying to figure out (too early to really think of a legit answer), is how does that graph show more deaths in Sweden than number of cases? I understand deaths lag, but even if all early cases led to death, that line for death being higher than cases for nearly two months still doesn’t make sense to me.

Lack of available testing.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Good question. I'm not sure either. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They had more than five times the amount of deaths per capita compared to other Nordic countries (Finland, Norway) who did impose strict lock down orders so it's not a scam.  I'm just pointing out that even without strict lockdown measures the virus eventually ran its course in about a two to two and 1/2 month time frame which should mean we should be ready to go in the areas being hit hard now by football season.  That's assuming a 2nd wave doesn't hit.

Lack of available testing.

Won't happen.

Too many Democratic Governors wanna keep everything shut down till the election to hurt Trump's re-election chances. 

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Won't happen.

Too many Democratic Governors wanna keep everything shut down till the election to hurt Trump's re-election chances. 

Trump lately has been doing a good enough job of that on his own.  The fact that blue state governors are letting MLB players play in their stadiums leads me to believe they'll be fine with NFL players doing the same assuming there isn't a second wave.

33 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I looked at the graph again.  The number of cases are on the right side and the number of deaths are on the left.  The cases far outnumber the deaths.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Trump lately has been doing a good enough job of that on his own.  The fact that blue state governors are letting MLB players play in their stadiums leads me to believe they'll be fine with NFL players doing the same assuming there isn't a second wave.

I looked at the graph again.  The number of cases are on the right side and the number of deaths are on the left.  The cases far outnumber the deaths.

Thank you. At first glance, the graph just didn’t make sense to me. You are correct though. It was too early to think!

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If we get a "second wave" it will be more BS. They will manipulate the numbers and use that as an excuse to lockdown the country again and keep taking away our freedoms. 

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

If we get a "second wave" it will be more BS. They will manipulate the numbers and use that as an excuse to lockdown the country again and keep taking away our freedoms. 

Seriously? The first wave hasn’t ended yet because your beloved leader insists upon protecting these so-called “freedoms” of which you speak. There’s no hoax and no conspiracy. Just a dude in the Oval Office doing the shittiest job ever to lead and protect his citizens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

what freedoms were taken from you? Couldn't get a haircut or cheeseburger for a few weeks?

• Like (+1) 1