League agrees to no preseason games

10 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Gee I wonder how this will all end, with the way things are trending!!!

I have been adamantly in the “let’s wait and see” crowd. I’ve been optimistic for a season. But I agree with you. It’s getting close to crunch time and cases are just increasing outside of a handful of states. I’m turning from optimistic for a season to a bit more pessimistic.  

This is McDermott's 4th year so the players are familiar with the schemes and systems they run. The team is basically returning all of the starters so the Bills should have a big advantage over teams with a high turnover. With the Jets having a revamped O-Line I expect the Bills D to dominate and Darnold will be doing this and not for positive yards

Tom Hanks Run GIF by Regal - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate preseason games and how much some fans overrate their importance.  But this sucks for the fringe roster guys.  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It does and will be tough especially on teams who have new coaches and systems 

It definitely does suck for the fringe guys. Maybe I’m grasping here but I think a team with our setup has a clear advantage going into the first month. Whole staff returning. 20 of 22 starters returning on a playoff squad. One new starter(Addison) has played in the scheme basically his whole career and the other(diggs) is a CLEAR upgrade over anyone that was playing opposite of brown. 

To me, that seems like a team set up to perform in the current situation 

23 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It definitely does suck for the fringe guys. Maybe I’m grasping here but I think a team with our setup has a clear advantage going into the first month. Whole staff returning. 20 of 22 starters returning on a playoff squad. One new starter(Addison) has played in the scheme basically his whole career and the other(diggs) is a CLEAR upgrade over anyone that was playing opposite of brown. 

To me, that seems like a team set up to perform in the current situation 

Yup, it makes the Diggs pickup even better than grabbing a WR in the 1st round.

With no preseason and the turnover of some teams, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these teams don't 'get it together' until halfway through the season.

Then you throw in COVID.

Jeez, if you really think about it, there could be a possibility of having teams in the playoffs that normally would only win 4-5 games in a normal season.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, major said:

So no contact with their family from September thorough January. Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself how that sounds 

That's exactly what a lot of my coworkers have gone through since March.  Many twentysomethings working in high tech that live in an apartment and have to wfh, oftentimes sharing it with a few roommates.  This is the same age group of most NFL players.

These guys are making a lot more money as well.  We ask the military to deploy overseas for months at a time, away from family for a lot less money... I don't see why this ask of players is unrealistic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Not going to get much from the rookies, then.  Its a good year for having traded your #1 for a vet.....yes, the Bills did that!

Teams who are expecting rookies to play big roles on the team (ie QB, MLB, WR1, starting CB, LT) are going to have a bigger challenge than usual 

14 hours ago, sullim4 said:

The only way I see this season happening is putting the players, coaching staffs, and on-field personnel in isolation.  No physical contact with the outside world until a team's season is over.

Do you mean that all 32 teams will reside in the same bubble? 

If not, then the "No physical contact with the outside world until a team's season is over" is over as soon as the first two teams meet.