Wegmans not interested in stadium naming rights

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

TESLA.....the only buffalo connection company that can afford it

Zoidster, cool name and great idea, but they posted losses of $1 bil. In 2018, $863 mil. In 2019, and have bank note owed in 2024-25 of $3.6 bil.  I’m sure they eventually will be fine and make an interesting product, but do they want an additional spend of $4 mil/yr. when economists have reported the advertising does not equate to increased sales by renaming a stadium.  That’s why a monster company that sells everywhere like several such as Target, Amazon, etc. can absorb the cost and not work up a sweat.  Wegman’s as many know is a privately held company in an industry that has razor thin margins.  They may be worth $9.2 bil., but they run their company somewhat lean.  They are a great company to work for as reported by Forbes.  

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Maybe Buffalo Wild Wing Stadium would work

It would except restaurants have been closed for awhile and I'm sure their cash flow sucks right now

11 hours ago, taglientep said:

They do a lot of charitable giving and helping out the community  

Yes, and all of that is tax deductible. A stadium naming deal is not.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Haha, ok I can see you are passionate about your grocery stores.

When a big part of your household income comes from an industry you tend to learn a lot about it and pay attention to things lots of people don't. Sugar Mama pays a lot of bills, hence I know a lot about groceries. ?

7 minutes ago, T master said:

What i would like to know is who exactly pays for the removal of the New Era signage the Pegs or New Era ? 

I would think that if New Era is backing out the cost should be on them .

Wouldn't surprise me if the county taxpayers get stuck with the bill.

9 minutes ago, T master said:

What i would like to know is who exactly pays for the removal of the New Era signage the Pegs or New Era ?

Call Target, they've got bedsheets.  Better yet, Goodwill might have some 'gently used' ones.

If they do go the 'removal' route, maybe for an extra sawbuck, the contractor can pry OJ's name of the Wall of Fame.  (For those thinking it deserves to come down.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wegmans doesn't spend money on anything unless it contributes to the bottom line.

This ^^^,  Wegmans has been one of the best run businesses in the entire country for years, and they rank very high as a good place to work, that and they already make a bundle off the Bills with all the game day food they sell. 

Edited by Don Otreply

21 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Terry and Kim may not find a legit sponsor until the pandemic is over. In the interim, they should name the stadium:

Jim Kelly Field

Remember when he had a consortium of people in place to buy the bills, then he vanished when the team went up for sale...  ah memories 

also - if I were pegs, I’d consider courting geico. They have a billion dollar marketing budget and decent WNY presence. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

The naming deal was 5-6 million a year.

The Bills 2018 revenue was $386 million, with a margin of $82 million.  

This is all extra money for Pegula and family (and their "lifestyle preservation").  They will likely survive without that extra 5 mil per annum.

Just call it what it is: Bills Stadium  (although I would be good with "Bill's Stadium" as well).

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

This ^^^,  Wegmans has been one of the best run businesses in the entire country for years, and they rank very high as a good place to work, that and they already make a bundle off the Bills with all the game day food they sell. 

That includes me. A stop at the McKinley Rd. Wegmans is what I tailgate with.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, T master said:

I would think that if New Era is backing out the cost should be on them .

Hear me out - fans will be recruited to do it, paid by the hour,  and just need to bring their own tools. Similar to the snow removal process. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The naming deal was 5-6 million a year.

The Bills 2018 revenue was $386 million, with a margin of $82 million.  

This is all extra money for Pegula and family (and their "lifestyle preservation").  They will likely survive without that extra 5 mil per annum.

Just call it what it is: Bills Stadium  (although I would be good with "Bill's Stadium" as well).

Yeah, why don't all owners just remove naming right?  It's just extra money they can survive without.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, why don't all owners just remove naming right?  It's just extra money they can survive without.

The public should get the proceeds from the sponsorship if they now he venue.  They need it more than the billionaire.

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The public should get the proceeds from the sponsorship if they now he venue.  They need it more than the billionaire.

Again, that goes for many NFL venues.

Edited by Doc