Wegmans not interested in stadium naming rights

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I love Wegmans, but there's a lot of competition out there. Central Market caters a bit more towards the high end market, but it's definitely a better store and I think Publix is really good too. 

I go where I can get the best deal on things I need.  We do most of our shopping at BJ's.  There are no Wegmans in CT but even if there were, I'd still probably go to BJ's mostly.  There's a comparable store called "Stop & Shop" (Giant below NYS) that we used to go to but stopped after Costco and then BJ's opened up.  When we go to Disney, we always stop at a Publix to stock up on food and I love the place.  

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I go where I can get the best deal on things I need.  We do most of our shopping at BJ's.  There are no Wegmans in CT but even if there were, I'd still probably go to BJ's mostly.  There's a comparable store called "Stop & Shop" (Giant below NYS) that we used to go to but stopped after Costco and then BJ's opened up.  When we go to Disney, we always stop at a Publix to stock up on food and I love the place.  

Although I'm pretty miserly on a lot of things, I do spend more on food than the average person. There's no substitute for things like high-end bread, eggs and meat & seafood. I also appreciate a well stocked international section and the wine department is vastly important. We do buy a lot of store brand stuff too though.

We mostly shop at HEB down here, and despite it also being #1 on a lot of national lists, it's extremely mediocre. It's closer to something like Safeway than it is to Wegman's and it's not close.That said, they are the parent for the Central Market stores, and I think those are the best out there. When it comes to quality and selection, I find them far superior to Whole Foods.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Of course it is. Grocery stores are razor-thin margin people...........

Well the Wegman family must have many razors as they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves.  But "well for themselves" and naming rights are still in a different area code of living.

• Like (+1) 1

Wegmans would never waste that $.  They are a private, very lucrative company that is only going to spend $ if it gave them an ROI.  Naming rights don’t do that.  Yolo was more on point with a monster like Amazon.  Make another playoff slot, and make it deeper and the monster companies will come for small market Buffalo.

13 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Labatts Stadium, nickname the Keg!

Git R Done TPegs!

Last I checked, beer and cigarette companies can’t do the naming rights thing, but could be wrong.  Good idea, and any beer company would meet all the criteria, just don’t think they’ve relaxed the rules enough.  If they did, you’d see Coors, Budweiser and half a dozen other stadiums named after beer companies.  Not my editorial as could care less.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i can't get behind wegmans or dibella's subs.  they're very meh to me.  better than subway, but not a good as the mom and pop type sub/pizza places.

I can get that.  But for both subs and pizza I like all types (frozen, mom and pop, chains, "fast food", etc.).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I think 'Overpriced Groceries Stadium' would have a nice ring to it...

(I kid...I visit my Wegman's here in VA when I need some WNY essentials)

do they have sauerkraut?  I cant find good sauerkraut down here.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I remember Stop & Shop from Groton days.

• Like (+1) 1