25. Detroit
  26. Washington
  27. Cinci
  28. NY Jets
  29. NY Giants
  30. Carolina
  31. Chicago
  32. Jacksonville

So Dallas, Indy, Philly, New England are all better than Buffalo.  I have nothing against any of them, but Indy has done nothing, New England has an unproven QB and a guy trying to come back after multiple injuries and oh BTW had the same or worse completion % to ours, but for 6 of 9 years.  Philly, ok I guess, but Wentz gets hurt a lot, and Dallas, well it’s Dallas.

Honestly, I don’t care as Illsay what I always say, we’ll see after the games are played.  Allen should not have been ranked that low, and the draft definitely was not subpar.  What the hell did they want?  Diggs was our 1st round pick, Moss will be good, Epenesa will grow into our next Hansen, and I really believe Davis is going to be a nice addition.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

So Dallas, Indy, Philly, New England are all better than Buffalo.  I have nothing against any of them, but Indy has done nothing, New England has an unproven QB and a guy trying to come back after multiple injuries and oh BTW had the same or worse completion % to ours, but for 6 of 9 years.  Philly, ok I guess, but Wentz gets hurt a lot, and Dallas, well it’s Dallas.

Honestly, I don’t care as Illsay what I always say, we’ll see after the games are played.  Allen should not have been ranked that low, and the draft definitely was not subpar.  What the hell did they want?  Diggs was our 1st round pick, Moss will be good, Epenesa will grow into our next Hansen, and I really believe Davis is going to be a nice addition.

I can at least get behind Philly and Dallas somewhat in that they have good young QBs. Tampa, Indy, Pittsburgh, etc have QBs that have already looked old. Why are we so enamored with their situation moving forward? That’s insane to me. 3 years ago no one was optimistic about the Raven or Chiefs QB situations over the next 3 years. They drafted raw prospects who developed and they are in great shape. Are we honestly supposed to believe over the next 3 years that Ben and/or Rivers will be more impactful than Allen?!? I don’t only reject that thought but I think it’s insane. He may be ahead of those 2 right now.

• Like (+1) 2

"Allens season was somewhat of a mirage"...... AKA he actually improved and wasnt a complete bust so his improvement was obviously luck because it doesnt jive with all of our over the top takes on him.

these friggin guys ?

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

2018 looks way different to me than it does you.  

Teller was traded for a pick and two late round picks were cut.  Not exactly disastrous in my eyes...

18' DRAFT

Josh Allen is what he is.  Potential superstar / Potential bust / Maybe somewhere in-between.  So far he's shown to be raw with an insane ceiling and always improving.  

Tremaine Edmunds just got listed as a Top 10 LB by ESPN... and he's barely scraping his potential.

Harrison Phillips is an unknown - Looked great early on last year before tearing his ACL

Taron Johnson is a solid slot corner

Siran Neal is a pretty solid player at S/Big Nickel

Wyatt Teller was traded for a pick

Ray-Ray & Proehl... Late Round picks - Cut

I don't think it's disastrous yet either, but any or all of Phillips, Johnson, Neal could fail to make the roster and it wouldn't be a huge shock.

Yes - I believe that the Bills are underrated on this list - and that being rated with top ten coaching, front office, & roster while having a 20th rated draft seems kind of odd (how can the FO be rated so highly yet have drafted poorly?). However - I say keep these underrated prognostications coming. I'd rather be underrated by the pundits than overrated. Some times a little external disrespect can serve as an excellent motivator for hyper competitive pro football players - prove them wrong boys! 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

"Allens season was somewhat of a mirage"...... AKA he actually improved and wasnt a complete bust so his improvement was obviously luck because it doesnt jive with all of our over the top takes on him.

these friggin guys ?

As if they hold any accountability to past takes?

low completion Percentage and finished with a disastrous playoff game. He simply hasn’t changed those perceptions. 

I think he’s better than 26th today. I think it’s a coin flip whether her finishes a second contract in buffalo still though. Not sure if this ranking had any salary component seating it as he enters the next contract window.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can at least get behind Philly and Dallas somewhat in that they have good young QBs. Tampa, Indy, Pittsburgh, etc have QBs that have already looked old. Why are we so enamored with their situation moving forward? That’s insane to me. 3 years ago no one was optimistic about the Raven or Chiefs QB situations over the next 3 years. They drafted raw prospects who developed and they are in great shape. Are we honestly supposed to believe over the next 3 years that Ben and/or Rivers will be more impactful than Allen?!? I don’t only reject that thought but I think it’s insane. He may be ahead of those 2 right now.

FWIW, they have the Colts QB situation tied with Buffalo's. I also think there's uncertainty baked in for both teams. If Allen doesn't develop more (which is generally the rule of thumb for QBs after two years, though I tend to think Allen has as good a shot as anyone of breaking that rule), then he's probably viewed as a below-average starter in the league and Buffalo could be searching for a new QB during the 3 year window.

Rivers is probably viewed as the better QB right now but obviously a much higher likelihood of them needing to replace him during the 3 year window. I wouldn't be surprised if they think Brissett is only slightly worse than Allen/Eason could develop into a better QB than Allen. Again, I would tend to disagree with this, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's their thinking.

Tampa and Pittsburgh are rated higher at QB because their current QBs are viewed as significantly better than Allen right now. They very well may need to be replaced during this 3 year window as well, but I think the perceived gap between current day Brady/Ben and Allen is enough to outweigh that level of uncertainty.

Much like Buffalo, I think all three of those teams are set up for success regardless of the QB, so I'm not surprised that they're all viewed very close to one another.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I can’t really argue who they put ahead of us, except maybe New England, Pittsburgh and Indy.

Will find out exactly where we stand assuming we have a full 16 game season , 

and I expect us to win the division and go deep in to the playoffs like (AFC championship game ) 

IMO this team is good enough  to compete for a SB ,  
As far as AFC goes ( IMO ) our only competition is KC & Baltimore and I do believe we can beat them both 

GO BILLS !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

these friggin guys ?

It’s funny how the first line was there is no more excuses for Allen! Huh I didn’t think he was that bad lol 

I would 100% bet my life on it that if Allen was on any other team this board would not be so high on him. Fact. Anyone who is not a fan, does not watch and read all the Bills produced media or just a Bills supporter would look at his numbers or watch the big games (playoffs, NE, etc) and have doubts. 

I am a Bills fan and I try to keep it real. I would take Josh and his potential over many QB's. But I am still critical and have no problem with those that say he could hold this team back. If he progresses and the rest of the squad just maintains we have a Super Bowl contender. If he does not progress, this is easily back to being a team that is fighting for a final playoff spot which makes it a #12-18 ranked team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not worth responding to.  

So the principal problem with the Bills - #14 - over the next three years is at QB with Allen.  

And the Colts are #10, with Rivers, Brissett, Eason and Chad Kelly.  Rivers, whose passer rating last year was 88, in the range of Allen's 85 and way short of what's necessary.  With more or less no receivers. 

The same rules apply - the Bills only get respect for what they've done historically.  They never get the benefit of the doubt in this kind of analysis.  That's just the way it is.  

If we're betting on the three-year records of the 32 team over the next three years, if the over-under on the Bills is 14, I'm taking the over all day, every day.  9-7 three years in a row gets them over 14.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

So basically, much of his grade revolves around a pessimistic view of Josh Allen. 

Also, he has us as "average" drafting?...  Strongly disagree.

Agreed.

I Love it. This team seems to thrive on being overlooked.  Was worried we were getting to much love from the media. This time next year, after Allen has a superstar year and we make a run in the playoffs,  everyone in the media will be on the bandwagon.  

I'm going to enjoy these articles while they last ?

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I can’t really argue who they put ahead of us, except maybe New England, Pittsburgh and Indy.

I can argue with a lot of them  New England, Pittsburgh and Indy are the obvious mistakes.  Drop them to where they should be and the Bills are #11.  I think they'll do better than #11 over the next three years, but I agree that it's at least defensible to put them at #11.  

#14 is the middle of the pack.  How do you put a team that went to the playoffs last season, is young and clearly improving (Allen's improving, and they added Diggs and they lost essentially no one) in the middle of the pack?   It's just stupid. 

If they had the Bills 7th or 8th I'd think that was about right. Kansas City, Baltimore and San Francisco definitely above... Dallas, Philly and New Orleans all decent conversations that can be argued either way and Seattle might be in that group too but I don't think there is a very good argument for anyone else to be honest.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, they have the Colts QB situation tied with Buffalo's. I also think there's uncertainty baked in for both teams. If Allen doesn't develop more (which is generally the rule of thumb for QBs after two years, though I tend to think Allen has as good a shot as anyone of breaking that rule), then he's probably viewed as a below-average starter in the league and Buffalo could be searching for a new QB during the 3 year window.

Rivers is probably viewed as the better QB right now but obviously a much higher likelihood of them needing to replace him during the 3 year window. I wouldn't be surprised if they think Brissett is only slightly worse than Allen/Eason could develop into a better QB than Allen. Again, I would tend to disagree with this, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's their thinking.

Tampa and Pittsburgh are rated higher at QB because their current QBs are viewed as significantly better than Allen right now. They very well may need to be replaced during this 3 year window as well, but I think the perceived gap between current day Brady/Ben and Allen is enough to outweigh that level of uncertainty.

Much like Buffalo, I think all three of those teams are set up for success regardless of the QB, so I'm not surprised that they're all viewed very close to one another.

I’m higher on the Bills than the makers of this list are, but I don’t have too many issues with their reasoning.

New England has an elite defense and the greatest coach in history.  They have dominated the division and the head to head matchup for as long as anyone associated with either franchise has been around.  I think that’s about to change, but it’s hard to fault anyone who is skeptical.  That they’re only 1 spot ahead of Buffalo speaks to how even their futures are.  That’s perfectly fair.

Pittsburgh has an elite defense and a HOF QB returning from injury.  Ben comes with question marks, but they were a .500 team with a horrendous third string QB.  Roethlisberger could have thrown left handed and beat Buffalo last season given how terrible Duck was in a game that went down to the wire.

Indy has a really solid roster and arguably the best GM in the league.  Now they’ve got a capable QB and a backup with starting experience.  I’d have them lower, but I can see them building a really good team if they can get average QB play.

I’d have the Bills around 10, so 14 seems a little low to me but not unreasonably so.  It really does come down to whether Allen takes a huge step (and yes, it absolutely needs to be huge).  If he does, then Buffalo is going to be a contender for the next several years.