Chad Kelly is Ready to Race!

On 7/18/2020 at 4:50 PM, Golden Goat said:

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Dude couldn't even outrun a random Englewood homeowner. :bag:

Homeowner beat him with a vacuum tube. Such an incredible story. Followed by the best, and certainly most lopsided, mugshot I've ever seen.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps Montana and Jordan had more morals than Jimbo.

Name one QB who's had this many chances with a career stat line of one rush for -1 yards and 0 passes?

He's a bum.

I think we all know 2nd to 3rd string guys bounce around from team to team, practice squad to practice squad without ever seeing real game action.

The fact is the kid has played well enough in the preseason to have considerations.   He was also good enough at Ole Miss to be a draft pick.  Had he been able to take part in pro days and combine he may have went higher.

I agree he has wasted a lot of opportunities.   However, that doesn't make him a bum.   No one likes to talk about the work he does with local groups like the ARC of Erie County or how is has openly talked about not following his path to young football players at Kelly's camp.    

If we are being honest and not attacking him personally he has NFL talent or he wouldn't be there.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think we all know 2nd to 3rd string guys bounce around from team to team, practice squad to practice squad without ever seeing real game action.

The fact is the kid has played well enough in the preseason to have considerations.   He was also good enough at Ole Miss to be a draft pick.  Had he been able to take part in pro days and combine he may have went higher.

I agree he has wasted a lot of opportunities.   However, that doesn't make him a bum.   No one likes to talk about the work he does with local groups like the ARC of Erie County or how is has openly talked about not following his path to young football players at Kelly's camp.    

If we are being honest and not attacking him personally he has NFL talent or he wouldn't be there.

A lot of things make him a bum.  And he's only there because of his last name.  Would love to see him turn his life around (which looks to be in progress) and become a better person.  That would be great for him.  But he is not deserving of another chance to play in the NFL, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

By definition, every player who makes it onto a roster has "NFL talent", no matter how bad they actually play.  Nate Peterman  has "NFL talent". So did "Johnny Football". So what?

On 7/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, BringBackFergy said:

I just won $50 on “When Will TBD Have a Chad Kelly Thread?”.  Beers on me!!

That $50 won't get you very far when every beer requires food too... but thanks for the offer.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Fans in Denver and Indy liked him because he brought some passion/intensity to preseason games that usually lack any.  Fans at Ole Miss liked him for the same thing, imo, and for beating Alabama, LSU and Auburn in their Sugar Bowl Championship season, which was unprecedented there.  His arm is upper echelon,  throwing for over 70 yds. as a 15 year old but without any more current numbers.  In a really bad run up to the draft, he wrecked his knee in November, got disinvited to the combine (maybe over threatening to use, allegedly, an AK-47 two years prior) and then destroyed his wrist tendon at his pro day.  He never got the athletic testing that NFL prospects usually get and any team that drafted him in 2017 knew he would not be ready to play until 2018, thus the Mr. Irrelevant draft status.

In my experience, hyper competitive people are often jerks especially when they aren't smart/mature enough to know when to turn it off.  But, it doesn't mean that they aren't decent, charitable  human beings in other settings.  Not fighting the home owners and police after that Halloween party incident was actually a step forward for him.  

I suspect the conditions the Colts put on him when he was signed involved some sort of counseling and Chad seems to have done well there.  Beating out 2020 4th rounder Eason without preseason games will be tough and his NFL future continues to look shaky.  If the Colts could trade Brissett, maybe some team suffers a major QB injury before the season starts,  they clear ~ $16 million in cap space and it would be good news to both Kelly and Eason.   Jim has many nephews currently playing or who have played football at the college level  that will never get a whiff of the NFL so it can't be just his last name.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Chad has been on his best behavior for 2 years and showed in preseason play that he can at the very least be a serviceable backup. I hope he gets another chance somewhere.

Apparently the Colts don't agree with you. 

He released when they cut down to 53, apparently no other teams felt he was worth the backup slot then either.  I didn't even realize the Colts had resigned him to the PS.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:23 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Chad Kelly says he’s faster than any other QB in the league except Lamar Jackson—I’d put my $$ on Josh Allen though too. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900729-colts-chad-kelly-says-hes-faster-than-every-nfl-qb-except-lamar-jackson

Well when you suck at QBing and live off your Uncles Reputation eventually you have to do something. 

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Now he has more time to get ready to race.

or if someone still wants him - free to a good home (please keep vacuum attachments hidden).

Not sure where you land after this? Maybe back in Denver with their QB issues.

Wow, Krish Hogan now on the Colts??