Uyghur Genocide in China

5 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

Also note that I’ve never made an absurd moral equivalence argument between the deliberate Chinese genocide of Uyghurs and US foreign policy mistakes. Even so, from time to time our international enemies do love to point out our own internal history of Native American genocide and African American slavery. Quite an unfair argument since all those responsible have been dead for a long time, but the greater point here is that (recent or old) track records of human rights abuses matter and that they taint future international relationships.

Ok, now a quick pivot back to China and the Uyghurs…

My hope is that Europe, the rest of the industrialized West, Brazil, India, Japan, South Korea, and all of the other democratic countries in the world would join the US in multilateral trade negotiations. These countries I just listed form a huge percentage of the total global GDP, so that is an overwhelming amount of economic leverage right there. “Incentivized” multilateral trade negotiations do NOT mean free bags of bribery cash courtesy of the American taxpayers. I’m referring to complex, mutually beneficial trade deals involving many countries besides the US and China. And no, I do not want to resurrect the TPP. I’m as outspoken as one can get against TPP, NAFTA, most of USMCA, and globalism’s failures in general.

Top part first... Yes, we have been less than stellar in our own history and you are also correct, it is the history. I think today regardless of the party in power, countries bring up CURRENT events more than our history. Let's face it whether right or wrong, the way the media often plays events like Obama drone strikes, or Trump and BLM is a more serious hit in any negotiations than distant history. If the President went to China to complain of human rights abuse and I were the Chinese ambassador all I would have to do is turn the TV on and point to the latest drone strike killing civilians (Obama) or the riots in Portland (Trump) and elsewhere.

As for the list of nations, good choices in Japan, S Korea, and probably India since all 3 have their own issues with China. Perhaps add other S Pacific nations of Australia and N Zealand. However I really doubt the EU would be with us, and also have my doubts of a Trudeau led Canada. Mexico I think also relies a lot on Chinese made parts so can't even expect them for much help but it is a possible. Brazil was already in negotiations with China to replace the food loses during our early trade war so again, really doubtful.

I like what Japan just did to incentivize their companies to pull from China altogether. Maybe that is something for us to take a hard look at as well especially after this whole Covid mess exposes that even a lot of our medications are made over there now. A problem China faces now which was inevitable is their people beginning to see what their labor can achieve, and are now beginning to demand a slice of that pie. Labor issues that every developing nation eventually has to deal with. If we can somehow unwind ourselves from dependency, that will make those issues even more of a problem for them as less jobs are available. 

I think that can be done, but not by ridding us of the Trump tax cuts, I think maybe even cutting taxes more for those that leave China. While not telling who I work for, years ago we began to realize that a lot of the added cost over there along with shipping, sometimes it is more cost efficient to make it where we sell it. Add in the advances in manufacturing that requires less labor, and the fact Americans really do want to buy US made products, it's a win-win for each job we bring back. I think for some businesses like ours, it would be easy enough since few of our parts are sourced and even our plants in China we own. Not sure how tough that might be though for companies that rely totally on sourcing now though since you would be asking them to do something (manufacture) they may not have done in decades. But it could open all sorts of manufacturing opportunities (maybe even new companies to source through) here in this country while taking them back from China.

Anyway, I guess I'm hoping with us leading the way to disentangle ourselves from China, others might be more willing as well. Meanwhile begin to help sow labor discord on the back end. China needs our money more than we need them I think. But we need to give the Apples and HPs of the world a reason to leave, and I would much rather give a monetary incentive to them than to China.... While my hope would be for those companies to relocate back here, the ultimate goal is to just get the hell out of China.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

There is currently a second Holocaust happening in China.

Uyghur women are being forcibly sterilized, and entire populations are having their heads shaved, being blind folded, and loaded onto trains and taken to forced labor camps.

The world is stunningly silent on the issue.

I’d like to hear your thoughts.

So let me get this right ? the communist gov't of China is doing this to it's own people but they didn't hide any information in the beginning of a virus that has spread across the globe ?

If any one believes China was on the up and up about the virus they are fools they don't care about human life in the least alls they care about is control and because the US was pushing back with tariffs and other political means i would put nothing past those that run that country to lie about it .

All the losses the US has had due to the virus should be taken off the debt owed to China seeing as it was their incompetence that started the entire thing ! There is no way they let a independent team go in and find out exactly how it all went down so they can write the narrative .

I've read that the first lady scientist that came down with the virus is still missing but their gov't says she is just on vacation HA ! yah right ...

Just now, T master said:

So let me get this right ? the communist gov't of China is doing this to it's own people but they didn't hide any information in the beginning of a virus that has spread across the globe ?

If any one believes China was on the up and up about the virus they are fools they don't care about human life in the least alls they care about is control and because the US was pushing back with tariffs and other political means i would put nothing past those that run that country to lie about it .

All the losses the US has had due to the virus should be taken off the debt owed to China seeing as it was their incompetence that started the entire thing ! There is no way they let a independent team go in and find out exactly how it all went down so they can write the narrative .

I've read that the first lady scientist that came down with the virus is still missing but their gov't says she is just on vacation HA ! yah right ...

We have a thread about COVID-19 already.

I would ask that we please keep this one focused on the genocide, without co-mingling the themes.

Both are important topics, and deserve to be discussed as separate issues.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well this thread is depressing and I don't mean the genocide that's it's own ***** thing, but I mean seriously the right and left ***** on this? Neither side has done ***** and honestly I don't have much hopes either side will do something now. I mean just look at North Korea and all the abominable things they do, the most we ever do to them is sanctions that become meaningless because of China. I mean if we've left that country to do all the ***** it's done as to not upset our economic situation with China what hope is there that they'll actually do something about China itself?

"At the end of the class, inmates are asked 'is there a God?' The only permitted answer is 'no.'"

"Every waking moment is an onslaught on their cherished beliefs and traditions. The half-starved inmates are even forced to eat pork and drink alcohol, in defiance of their Muslim faith. Afternoon brings interrogations. To break their mental resistance, inmates are forced to watch others being tortured before their own sessions of questioning. They are made to denounce friends and family, to confess to fictitious crimes such as bomb-making and espionage, and to express abject contrition — even for such harmless acts as having a copy of the Koran. Any resistance brings beatings, electric shocks and sleep deprivation.

Nakedness is another dehumanising tactic. Nudity is taboo in Islam, but prisoners of all ages are made to parade before each other and in view of the guards. For women, humiliating gynaecological inspections are mandatory. Rape is routine. The prettier younger women disappear at nights and weep silently during the day. An injection every 15 days appears to be forced contraception — monthly periods cease.

Worst of all is the dreaded orange tabard. Prisoners assigned these soon disappear, never to be seen again. Rumour has it that they are murdered for their organs — kidneys, corneas, hearts and livers are looted from their bodies, to fund the lucrative international black market, or serve the needs of the Communist Party elite."

From "'A naked brutality worthy of the Nazis': EDWARD LUCAS on the harrowing evidence of Beijing's concentration camps dedicated to 're-educating' a million or more Muslims" (Daily Mail).

Posted by Ann Althouse 

• Sad 1

CHINA’S MONSTROUS ABUSE OF UIGHUR WOMEN:

“For that matter, where is the outcry now? China’s treatment of the Uighurs is reminiscent of the kind of abuse fictionalized in The Handmaid’s Tale, yet even the AP report is replete with Western euphemisms, such as involuntary ‘birth control’ and ‘population control.’

Get into the details and what the Egyptians did to the Israelites almost seems tame by comparison. Men and women of conscience in the West have a duty to call this out for what it is — evil.”

Related: Roger Kimball: Trump has been right about China for years.

• Sad 1

Muslim countries still sell oil to China so there's that.

Top 15 Crude Oil Suppliers to China
July 11, 2020 

http://www.worldstopexports.com/top-15-crude-oil-suppliers-to-china/

How Turkey is sending Muslim Uighurs back to China without breaking its promise 

Revealed: President Erdogan is helping China repatriate Muslim dissidents by sending them to third countries before they return

The widow’s family believes she has been extradited to an unknown fate in China, via  Tajikistan. Like hundreds more, she is a victim, they believe, of big business colliding with human rights, another human sacrifice to keep Beijing’s investment rolling into Turkey..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/26/turkey-sending-muslim-uighurs-back-china-without-breaking-promise/

Edited by ALF

On 7/20/2020 at 8:43 PM, Warcodered said:

Well this thread is depressing and I don't mean the genocide that's it's own ***** thing, but I mean seriously the right and left ***** on this? Neither side has done ***** and honestly I don't have much hopes either side will do something now. I mean just look at North Korea and all the abominable things they do, the most we ever do to them is sanctions that become meaningless because of China. I mean if we've left that country to do all the ***** it's done as to not upset our economic situation with China what hope is there that they'll actually do something about China itself?

They won't. Why? Because left and right, politicians in this country are secular, godless and lacking any moral foundation. They're cowards.

On July 21, 2020 at 12:23 PM, B-Man said:

"At the end of the class, inmates are asked 'is there a God?' The only permitted answer is 'no.'"

"Every waking moment is an onslaught on their cherished beliefs and traditions. The half-starved inmates are even forced to eat pork and drink alcohol, in defiance of their Muslim faith. Afternoon brings interrogations. To break their mental resistance, inmates are forced to watch others being tortured before their own sessions of questioning. They are made to denounce friends and family, to confess to fictitious crimes such as bomb-making and espionage, and to express abject contrition — even for such harmless acts as having a copy of the Koran. Any resistance brings beatings, electric shocks and sleep deprivation.

Nakedness is another dehumanising tactic. Nudity is taboo in Islam, but prisoners of all ages are made to parade before each other and in view of the guards. For women, humiliating gynaecological inspections are mandatory. Rape is routine. The prettier younger women disappear at nights and weep silently during the day. An injection every 15 days appears to be forced contraception — monthly periods cease.

Worst of all is the dreaded orange tabard. Prisoners assigned these soon disappear, never to be seen again. Rumour has it that they are murdered for their organs — kidneys, corneas, hearts and livers are looted from their bodies, to fund the lucrative international black market, or serve the needs of the Communist Party elite."

From "'A naked brutality worthy of the Nazis': EDWARD LUCAS on the harrowing evidence of Beijing's concentration camps dedicated to 're-educating' a million or more Muslims" (Daily Mail).

Posted by Ann Althouse 

There are two sides to every story.  Sure....this stuff looks bad, but the article doesn't mention the amazing margins it drives for LeCom.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This guy has some nerve griping about the inevitable result of his preferred system of government.  What a friggin douche.