Movie Alert: Palm Springs on Hulu

Ok, here's the deal. The less you know about this movie going into it, the better it is. So NO SPOILERS here.

I won't post the trailer, and I recommend staying away from reviews and synopsis, and just GO WATCH THIS MOVIE TONIGHT!

It's the new movie from Andy Samberg and his Lonely Island crew. It looks like it's just another cheesy rom-com, but it's so much more. An instant classic. We've watched it 3 times since it dropped this past weekend. I knew nothing about it going in, and it turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen in years.

Just watch it. That's all I'll say.

If you already have, please chime in. But keep the spoilers away!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Agree with the quote below 10000000000000%

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I won't post the trailer, and I recommend staying away from reviews and synopsis, and just GO WATCH THIS MOVIE TONIGHT!

The movie was hilarious.

My wife made me watch it last weekend after telling me about the plot. To be honest, I did not want to watch it because the plot sounded exactly like a different movie (a classic comedy). But it was nothing like it at all. Dare I say it was better?

The scene with Samberg and JK Simmons in his backyard had me laughing harder than I have for a movie in quite some time.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Agree with the quote below 10000000000000%

The movie was hilarious.

My wife made me watch it last weekend after telling me about the plot. To be honest, I did not want to watch it because the plot sounded exactly like a different movie (a classic comedy). But it was nothing like it at all. Dare I say it was better?

The scene with Samberg and JK Simmons in his backyard had me laughing harder than I have for a movie in quite some time.

Yes! It's right up there with the classic. Different enough that it isnt a "rip off".

Watched it last night, had me pretty much hooked the entire time trying to figure out WTF was going on.  I think the ending was kind of abrupt, also would have liked a bit more character development, but was waaaaaaaaaaay better and not all what I expected it to be

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:21 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Watched it last night....pretty good/funny

On 7/24/2020 at 7:57 PM, LB3 said:

@DrDawkinstein Great movie. Very funny. I was expecting a little more comedy but the storyline and acting were great. Thanks for the advice on going in blind. :beer:

On 7/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

@DrDawkinstein Thanks for the recommendation. Checked it out last night and enjoyed it. It was similar to another comedy classic, but put enough spin on the idea as to not be derivative. 

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Watched it last night, had me pretty much hooked the entire time trying to figure out WTF was going on.  I think the ending was kind of abrupt, also would have liked a bit more character development, but was waaaaaaaaaaay better and not all what I expected it to be

Glad y'all enjoyed it!

edit:

WRT the bold. Yeah, I can see that. But one of the things I like about it is it's 90min run-time. Back to the way the classics did it. I dont need my comedies to be 2 hours+. Get in, tell me a story and some jokes, wrap it up, get out. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Nope. I watched the movie with Jemaine Clement. It was pretty good. Is the show better?

Holy *****, yes. I loved the movie but the show blows it away. Waititi and Clement are involved, and theres even a cameo, but it's a new cast. Who are hilarious.

It takes a few episodes to find its rhythm, but gets good. Season 2 is even better.

Check it out. It's on hulu.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Awesome! (+1) 1