I'll have a beer and one potato chip

Steve O

What the heck. Now have to order food with alcohol, can't go to a bar just for a drink. Um, note to the governor...many bars sell food as as an extra, they make their money on drinks.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Cuomo-Customers-must-order-food-with-alcohol-at-restaurants-bars-571791091.html

"If you're not eating a meal and you're just drinking, then it's just an outdoor bar and people are mingling and they're not isolated at individual tables, and that's what we're seeing," said Cuomo. "Also, no walk-up bar service - all service at bar tops must be only for seated patrons who are socially distanced by six feet."

Hoping Comrade Cuomo makes this same order applicable to Starbucks and other smoothie bars. You can’t just order an “organic green tea latte mochachino goat milk frappe”...you have to order a 3000 calorie carrot cake muffin as well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

Maybe New York is getting it right.  Other  places  are getting  walloped.  

Still putting the pieces  together, but don't  you think they see the connections?

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hoping Comrade Cuomo makes this same order applicable to Starbucks and other smoothie bars. You can’t just order an “organic green tea latte mochachino goat milk frappe”...you have to order a 3000 calorie carrot cake muffin as well. 

Do you  sit there and drink the smoothie for  hours every night while  getting intoxicated  and using  bad  judgement?

I get it.  People  need  their  daily  booze fix 

I am  less worried  about being  a fat azz than an alcoholic. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Maybe New York is getting it right.  Other  places  are getting  walloped.  

Still putting the pieces  together, but don't  you think they see the connections?

Do you  sit there and drink the smoothie for  hours every night while  getting intoxicated  and using  bad  judgement?

I get it.  People  need  their  daily  booze fix 

You do realize that not everyone who goes to a bar to have a beer (can you imagine????) stays all night until they pass out and piss their pants, right?

Some people like to go to a bar to have a couple beers and talk to their friends.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Remember, we're in a pandemic. We are in a situation where restaurants can be open because of how well citizens of the state have come together to social distance and wear masks. unfortunately, people are getting inebriated (that's not the unfortunate part) and failing to social distance (this is the unfortunate part) or wear masks when walking around the bar/restaurant (the other unfortunately part). When people are inebriated, Covid rules are not followed. 

I think it's a good rule. Bars and restaurants were not following the previous order. It's better than shutting them down entirely.

I also think bar/restaurant owners should be subsidized for the amount of revenue they have lost, but that's for a different thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is nothing new depending on the state you live in. For example in VA:

“For the mixed beverage licensee, current Virginia ABC regulations stipulate that a minimum 45 percent of the total gross sales must be from food and nonalcoholic beverages. Conversely, alcohol sales should comprise no more than 55 percent of these sales.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You do realize that not everyone who goes to a bar to have a beer (can you imagine????) stays all night until they pass out and piss their pants, right?

Some people like to go to a bar to have a couple beers and talk to their friends.

Yes.  There are many functional  alcoholics. 

And, the second  part.   Don't  you think that's  how  it's  being  spread  and the  behavior  they are trying  to alter, curb... Without the spoiled  2 year olds throwing  a fit. 

13 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Remember, we're in a pandemic. We are in a situation where restaurants can be open because of how well citizens of the state have come together to social distance and wear masks. unfortunately, people are getting inebriated (that's not the unfortunate part) and failing to social distance (this is the unfortunate part) or wear masks when walking around the bar/restaurant (the other unfortunately part). When people are inebriated, Covid rules are not followed. 

I think it's a good rule. Bars and restaurants were not following the previous order. It's better than shutting them down entirely.

I also think bar/restaurant owners should be subsidized for the amount of revenue they have lost, but that's for a different thread. 

God... So glad  my Dad isn't  living thru this.  He'd  have  a 1,000 infected. They'd  have a field  day with his contact tracing.   His personal  space was 2 inches.  In his drinking days, half  that. /smh

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And some people don't need to pass out to piss their pants after a couple IPA beers...:cry:

And, the second  part.   Don't  you think that's  how  it's  being  spread  and the  behavior  they are trying  to alter, curb... Without the spoiled  2 year olds throwing  a fit. 

Wait ... so only alcoholics go to bars?

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wait ... so only alcoholics go to bars?

I don't  know.   It depends  on what you  need  and how  often. 

When we go to get some drinks tonight I'm going to piss my pants in protest of having to buy food....even though I was planning on getting the fine mushroom spaghetti ? :wub:  Thanks a lot Cuomo!! Oh wait, we live in Florida now:w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

When we go to get some drinks tonight I'm going to piss my pants in protest of having to buy food....even though I was planning on getting the fine mushroom spaghetti ? :wub:  Thanks a lot Cuomo!! Oh wait, we live in Florida now:w00t:

Just do your  best.   LoL...

• Haha (+1) 1

Restaurants flaunting stuff like this...

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

14 minutes ago, ricojes said:

cuomo.jpg

will lead to this...

19 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

This is nothing new depending on the state you live in. For example in VA:

“For the mixed beverage licensee, current Virginia ABC regulations stipulate that a minimum 45 percent of the total gross sales must be from food and nonalcoholic beverages. Conversely, alcohol sales should comprise no more than 55 percent of these sales.”

It ain't that bad in NY, people. We're in the middle of a PANDEMIC.

• Like (+1) 1

So you offer a combo drink/food deal...2.50 for an order of chips and a $1.50 for a beer.  Still easy to get around it.  There are gym's in WNY that are open that are now calling themselves places of worship.  You do what you have to do when owning a business.  It's up to the public whether or not to go...

Not saying I agree with it, but I understand the hail Mary's...

Edited by ricojes