Nfl.com State of the Franchise series: Bills poised to take next step, win AFC East

On 7/16/2020 at 6:02 PM, first_and_ten said:

I din't say there wouldn't be a season. I said there probably won't be a season. You are putting words in my mouth. Big difference!! And I don't agree with your definition of those terms. Realistic is not taking a wait and see approach. That would be a hopeful attitude, or optimistic attitude. Being a realist is looking at the landscape and seeing what is there. Not hoping it's all rosy.

Stay in your fantasy world MJS. The rest of us will live in reality.

Whose reality though? The one that the television creates?

On 7/16/2020 at 9:24 PM, Artful Dodger said:

Players are going to get sick.  They'll be quarantined and they'll return a few weeks later.  And then assuming recovery grants you some sort of short term immunity, the players won't have to worry about getting it again, at least until after the season is over.   Finally, COVID-19 isn't that big a deal if you're 24 years old, especially if you're a professional athlete in great shape.

So there may be players out for a couple weeks here and there, but hopefully there will be a season.

Here is the big miss. Players won’t all be “back” in 2 weeks. We can all deal with 2 week known injury windows because they happen all the time. In baseball there have been multiple situations where starting pitchers can’t even throw 25 pitches after the 2-3 week window without being super winded after getting the virus. Now we move on to Football where you need intense cardio ability and you are lugging around huge frames with those lungs. Some of these players may miss big chunks of the season. So I am glad we have depth this year because we are likely going to need it. Let’s just hope this doesn’t become some cheezy strike type year because a bunch of major superstars go down and now you have 3rd string QBs and CFL kickers playing major roles. 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Here is the big miss. Players won’t all be “back” in 2 weeks. We can all deal with 2 week known injury windows because they happen all the time. In baseball there have been multiple situations where starting pitchers can’t even throw 25 pitches after the 2-3 week window without being super winded after getting the virus. Now we move on to Football where you need intense cardio ability and you are lugging around huge frames with those lungs. Some of these players may miss big chunks of the season. So I am glad we have depth this year because we are likely going to need it. Let’s just hope this doesn’t become some cheezy strike type year because a bunch of major superstars go down and now you have 3rd string QBs and CFL kickers playing major roles. 

The way I see it every player in the NFL was brought here for 1 reason.  Future superstars of this league just waiting for the chance to play. This may be their chance to shine a little quicker than you would normally see. I really like Buffalo's depth and the coaching we bring to the table. 

We need football!!!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I still want football like most here, but I do expect there will be a % of players not making at back in two weeks.  They may be able to go to meetings, but may not be cardiovascular wise play for three to four weeks.

I’m just gonna look at it as an injury ravaged season. It will suck if big names go down, especially on the Bills, but at least there appears to be a season on the horizon.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, JerseyBills said:

Just looking at the facts 

Yes, look at the facts...look what happened to the Marlins today...and the first Bill gets Covid today...It Sucks!!!!

On 7/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, folz said:

Whose reality though? The one that the television creates?

Have you seen what happened to the Florida Marlins today? Or the first Bill to get Covid? There's a dose of real reality!!

4 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Have you seen what happened to the Florida Marlins today? Or the first Bill to get Covid? There's a dose of real reality!!

Yes FLORIDA Marlins which are having a major wave of pandemic and they knew they were exposed to virus.

And then played like a bunch of rebels who do not want to wear masks.

I hope they are all fined heavily.

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes FLORIDA Marlins which are having a major wave of pandemic and they knew they were exposed to virus.

Part of the problem is that young people want to have fun. They are being told from many outlets that young people will have mild symptoms and recover, and move on. I certainly hope , for their sake, that there are no long term effects.

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Florida has been a disaster. From an NFL standpoint does any team want to play the Dolphins, Bucs, or Jags right now.