Tushy Stadium - PR stunt or legit PR move for naming rights?

Google, Amazon, Apple, etc., should jump to this. I mean I know where not New York City, L.A, or Chicago, but there are only 32 NFL teams out there. It would be a drop in the bucket for them too and look good as they are investing in a smaller city. Unless of course, they don’t want to be associated with a stadium that was built in 1973. 

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

Google, Amazon, Apple, etc., should jump to this. I mean I know where not New York City, L.A, or Chicago, but there are only 32 NFL teams out there. It would be a drop in the bucket for them too and look good as they are investing in a smaller city. Unless of course, they don’t want to be associated with a stadium that was built in 1973. 

If these worldwide giants wanted to get into the stadium naming rights business, they would just wait for an opportunity to open up in a major market.  They aren’t wasting their time slapping their name on an aging stadium in a small market.  

Why on Earth would you allow a company to make payments over time for stadium name rights, like it's a toaster oven on layaway???

Announce that you'll take no less than $5 mil per year, with a minimum of 5 year term, and all of it paid in advance. Then let the bidding begin, and accept the best offer with a non-offensive name.

Any company that can't swing that isn't ready to play in the NFL sandbox.

Edited by BornAgainBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Why on Earth would you allow a company to make payments over time for stadium name rights, like it's a toaster oven on layaway???

Announce that you'll take no less than $5 mil per year, with a minimum of 5 year term, and all of it paid in advance. Then let the bidding begin, and accept the best offer with a non-offensive name.

Any company that can't swing that isn't ready to play in the NFL sandbox.

I’ve always wondered, do teams actually get a decent return on investment for this? Has there ever been anyone watching the Bills play and suddenly going “ you know what, I need a New Era hat”.  Especially considering the stadium name is pretty rarely mentioned on air? 

On 7/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, LabattBlue said:

PR stunt all the way.  Doesn't sound like the company has anywhere near the capital to afford naming rights on an NFL stadium.

I'm hoping it's all a bad joke.  

After hearing the news of New Era dropping the naming rights, I joked to the wife, "Welp, here comes Preparation H Stadium!" I didn't think I'd actually be close to what it could be called. I'll leave a bag of flaming dog poo on ol' Uncle Terry's porch if we end up with frickin' Tushy Stadium. I've always hated stadium naming rights. We end up with a bunch of dumbsh*t sounding arenas and stadiums named after banks and other BS. Quicken Loans Arena! Smoothie King Center! KFC Yum Center. What in the everloving crap is that?!

What else we got here... Camping World Stadium, wow, someone help me get a grip because the excitement there is just astounding. Guaranteed Rate Field! What the crap! Oh, here's a fun one, a UK rugby team plays in the Mend-A-Hose Jungle. I can't wait until we have Flex Tape Arena. Or KY Jelly Stadium... Hormel Pork n' Beans Center... Tampax Field... Depends Center... Or maybe my personal favorite, Oops I Crapped My Pants Arena!

I just can't stand it. There could be a workaround where the company still gets their name on the stadium but it could be like, Buffalo Stampede Stadium (brought to you by Johnson & Johnson Super Soft Baby Butt Wipes!) But I suppose there's just too much money to be made. That's a whole other rant. 

I've always felt a stadium or arena oughta be named after the team, the city or state, some kinda traditional thing pertaining to the city or state, the owner, a famous player from said team, a coach, anything. Anything besides a stadium that doubles as a gigantic billboard for Uncle Pete's Fat Shack or Big Earl's House of Dingleberries or whatever. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1