Washington Redskins: 15 women claim sexual harassment

SDS

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And validate everyone on here who’s griped along the way that refs aren’t always above reproach, let’s just say. 

To be fair, assuming Snyder wouldn't pay them to rig it for Washington to lose, it seems like the refs might not have actually taken him up on his offer lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How?

Why would a newspaper delay publishing a story because a team hired a lawyer to do an internal policy review?

I think the current belief at least is that the lawyers are trying to prevent WaPo from releasing the article in addition to the damage control that they leaked to Schefter.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

To be fair, assuming Snyder wouldn't pay them to rig it for Washington to lose, it seems like the refs might not have actually taken him up on his offer lol

I think the current belief at least is that the lawyers are trying to prevent WaPo from releasing the article in addition to the damage control that they leaked to Schefter.

They have no ability to prevent it's publication.  If WaPo is confident it is well-sourced, they will publish it.  Lawyers can't stop publication 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How?

Why would a newspaper delay publishing a story because a team hired a lawyer to do an internal policy review?

No idea, I'm not a lawyer, but I mean separate from the internal policy review.

It could be as simple as: The team was contacted last week with a chance to comment. Instead of commenting, they announced the name change as "cover", then waited until the last minute (last night) to tell the WaPo "this one part of your story is not true and if you print it we're suing", which causes WaPo to go back and re-vet their facts? Pretty simple stall tactic.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They have no ability to prevent it's publication.  If WaPo is confident it is well-sourced, they will publish it.  Lawyers can't stop publication 

Right, but if they were contacted last night or even this morning, they may want to take a couple hours to double-check, which could push it's release back a full day. No?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Ok, fair enough...but, then why wouldn’t that have been reported straight back to league offices, who presumably, if so, then did nothing about it? Other possibilities include the ‘skins were so bad, a few calls questionably going their way ended up not mattering? All conjecture at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ok, fair enough...but, then why wouldn’t that have been reported straight back to league offices, who presumably, if so, then did nothing about it? Other possibilities include the ‘skins were so bad, a few calls questionably going their way ended up not mattering? All conjecture at this point. 

I was mostly being sarcastic in my post; I think the bolded is probably true/it's possible Snyder didn't care so much about winning but simply wanted to hit on spread picks. I don't know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No idea, I'm not a lawyer, but I mean separate from the internal policy review.

It could be as simple as: The team was contacted last week with a chance to comment. Instead of commenting, they announced the name change as "cover", then waited until the last minute (last night) to tell the WaPo "this one part of your story is not true and if you print it we're suing", which causes WaPo to go back and re-vet their facts? Pretty simple stall tactic.

LOL...what??

That makes zero sense.  Because "one part" (name change?? lol) of an expose on serious cultural infractions and rot is wrong, then all of rest is libel?  That's very funny.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL...what??

That makes zero sense.  Because "one part" (name change?? lol) of an expose on serious cultural infractions and rot is wrong, then all of rest is libel?  That's very funny.

Ok man, take it up with WaPo and the Skins.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

The topic was beaten like a dead horse and then it was being used for this news. There are no more silly names left to discuss. However, the other topic deserves it’s own space.

Mr SDS, do not ever underestimate silliness.... ?

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok man, take it up with WaPo and the Skins.

Take up your legal theory with them?  Like, as a suggestion to the Skins or a warning to WaPo?  I'm not sure which would laugh harder.