Am I the only one sick of the DAK

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except that isn't the way NFL contracts work. 

You are trying to reason with people who have already made up their minds absent of evidence on this subject. It is pointless. 

I am sick of the whole thing. The contract saga is boring in the extreme. However, Dak is absolutely a top 10 QB. People who think he is the reason the Cowboys went 8-8 should watch more football. 

Oh, I watched plenty of Dak last season and I saw alot of his numbers come when the game was already decided.

Maybe it is you that needs to have watched more Prescott because the guy really isn't anything special whatsoever.

Allen has a better chance at becoming special than Dak ever will. Calling him a top 10 QB is based solely on numbers, and when you dive into how those numbers were produced, it tells quite the story...one that backs up many who just don't see greatness when they watch this guy play.

Dallas will fail to make the playoffs again next season and Dak will bear the brunt of the blame, which he will most likely deserve. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s been a long week and maybe I’m just cranky, but am I the only one completely sickened by the coverage of Dak Prescott?  My lord, the whole thing is being crammed down our throats as if he was the only QB playing this season.  Is it my total hatred of the Cowgirls, my complete dislike of Dak and Zeeke and Jones?  

Tell me I’m not the only one who hates this totally overhyped player and all the BS surrounding him!

Yes, where's the Leighton Vander Esch coverage:cry:

WBF27ZHOUZDNK3WDHNE35XIFMU.jpg:wub:

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It could be since who knows what’s happening. I have watched and played a ton of football. 
I have also had the privilege of talking players with a current GM. 
I respect your view on Dak. I just don’t know if I agree he is a top 10 QB. 
Do you think Jerry is going to buckle before or during the season?

He can't buckle now. They can't talk now until the season ends. 

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

Oh, I watched plenty of Dak last season and I saw alot of his numbers come when the game was already decided.

Maybe it is you that needs to have watched more Prescott because the guy really isn't anything special whatsoever.

Allen has a better chance at becoming special than Dak ever will. Calling him a top 10 QB is based solely on numbers, and when you dive into how those numbers were produced, it tells quite the story...one that backs up many who just don't see greatness when they watch this guy play.

Dallas will fail to make the playoffs again next season and Dak will bear the brunt of the blame, which he will most likely deserve. 

I am not basing it on numbers. You are wrong. 

Except about Allen having a better chance to become "special" you are right on that bit. Dak isn't ever going to be elite. Josh might. But Dak is a top 10 Quarterback. Now. Today. Already. 

• Like (+1) 2

Admittedly, I haven't been paying as much attention to sports recently due to the fact that sports have, for the most part, been on hold, but I haven't seen the Dak story really crammed down out throats that much.  The Washington name change/scandal stuff has been much more prevalent from what I've seen.

I do not blame Dak for getting as much money as he can or for the fact that he is overrated, i find him annoying because the media pretends he is special when he is in the 13-20 range of QBs. But I can not fault him for what he does not control from the media 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not blame Dak for getting as much money as he can or for the fact that he is overrated, i find him annoying because the media pretends he is special when he is in the 13-20 range of QBs. But I can not fault him for what he does not control from the media 

Please feel free to list the 19 QB’s that are better than Dak?

10 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

See this hypothetical blows my mind.  Of course as a Bills fan, I want Allen to be better.  But how can anyone say he has higher potential?  Allen wasn’t even dominant in the MWC.  Dak took a garbage program in the best conference in college stats and made them in a good team.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dak-prescott-1.html

I really like Allen‘S skills and attitude  but he has never better on any level than Dak.  It’s just facts.  Everything with Allen is blind hope based.  We would kill to have Allen become the passer Dak is.  Yet, he’s not that good on this board.  Absolutely insane.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

See this hypothetical blows my mind.  Of course as a Bills fan, I want Allen to be better.  But how can anyone say he has higher potential?  Allen wasn’t even dominant in the MWC.  Dak took a garbage program in the best conference in college stats and made them in a good team.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dak-prescott-1.html

I really like Allen‘S skills and attitude  but he has never better on any level than Dak.  It’s just facts.  Everything with Allen is blind hope based.  We would kill to have Allen become the passer Dak is.  Yet, he’s not that good on this board.  Absolutely insane.

^** This.  It’s just Bills fans wanting(believing) Allen to be better...doesn’t mean it is going to happen. 

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Please feel free to list the 19 QB’s that are better than Dak?

Did he say he was #20 or do you count backwards by habit?

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So I agree that what Dak did in college never gets enough credit. 23-10 as a starter in a division with Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and LSU.... people who say "Dak isn't a winner" when both at the college and NFL level the proof of the pudding is "he wins". 2019 was the first time in his career as a starting Quarterback at college or NFL level that he didn't have a winning record.

I do disagree on the potential point though. Allen's physical gifts are such that if the more technical elements and mental elements of QB play ever really click for him at the highest level his physical potential means he could be special. I have always said that about Allen even when I was low on him at draft time. I thought the chances that everything else clicked were very low... but always thought if they did he was a potential star. Dak doesn't have the same natural gifts (though he is a decent athlete with a decent arm), but his intangibles as a leader and as a decision maker are off the charts. There are certainly prettier throwers than Dak. He doesn't have a picture perfect Drew Brees like release, he looks a bit mechanical but his accuracy is actually pretty good.

In summary it is not blind hope based on Allen - it is based on the physical potential plus the notable improvements in his technical and mental game since he came into the league. He still has a fair way to go but there is encouragement that he might get there.

Dak is underrated on these forums though. I think the Dallas thing plays in and I still think the 4th round pick thing plays in too. 

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Did he say he was #20 or do you count backwards by habit?

there aren't 12 better than him either so it is a null and void point.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

He said he was 13-20. Did I read it wrong?

If a player is in 13-20 range it does not necessarily mean he is #20.

Saying so is an exaggeration to try to make your point.

it is like saying "Bills TE Lee Smith always is off sides".

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I agree that what Dak did in college never gets enough credit. 23-10 as a starter in a division with Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and LSU.... people who say "Dak isn't a winner" when both at the college and NFL level the proof of the pudding is "he wins". 2019 was the first time in his career as a starting Quarterback at college or NFL level that he didn't have a winning record.

I do disagree on the potential point though. Allen's physical gifts are such that if the more technical elements and mental elements of QB play ever really click for him at the highest level his physical potential means he could be special. I have always said that about Allen even when I was low on him at draft time. I thought the chances that everything else clicked were very low... but always thought if they did he was a potential star. Dak doesn't have the same natural gifts (though he is a decent athlete with a decent arm), but his intangibles as a leader and as a decision maker are off the charts. There are certainly prettier throwers than Dak. He doesn't have a picture perfect Drew Brees like release, he looks a bit mechanical but his accuracy is actually pretty good.

In summary it is not blind hope based on Allen - it is based on the physical potential plus the notable improvements in his technical and mental game since he came into the league. He still has a fair way to go but there is encouragement that he might get there.

Dak is underrated on these forums though. I think the Dallas thing plays in and I still think the 4th round pick thing plays in too. 

there aren't 12 better than him either so it is a null and void point.

I think these two posts kind of point to the difference between absolute potential and probable peak. Seems like Biscuit is more focused on the probable peak, which is likely lower than what Dak is right now, whereas Gunner is talking about pure potential if Allen becomes as good as someone with his tools can be.

I think both are totally reasonable takes; at this point I think it's probably unlikely that Allen becomes as good as Dak currently is, but I don't think it's impossible either. And with Allen's work ethic and physical tools, I think he has a better chance than your ordinary young QB of defying the odds and becoming an elite QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

^** This.  It’s just Bills fans wanting(believing) Allen to be better...doesn’t mean it is going to happen. 

Physically, Allen is a better prospect.  But at quarterback, it’s takes more than that.  Allen, at this point, isn’t a better qb and never has been.  So it’s kinda crazy to hear Bills fans put Dak down while pumping up our own guy. 

put it this way. I think the Bills go at 12-4 with Dak last year.