Am I the only one sick of the DAK

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

If it takes away from the nonstop covid, mask and political talk I’ll gladly listen to poor Dak turning down money. 

Do you know Dak has been advertising masks for COVID and endorsing candidates?  We could talk about that.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Did he turn down another contract lol, just trade the guy. He’s not worth what he’s asking for you’ve got Dalton and I’m sure you can win just as many games with him than Dak

We all know that QB is the most important position  if you want to contend for a championship every year , but does that necessarily means that the next QB in line for a new contract should automatically set the market ? 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except that isn't the way NFL contracts work. 

You are trying to reason with people who have already made up their minds absent of evidence on this subject. It is pointless. 

I am sick of the whole thing. The contract saga is boring in the extreme. However, Dak is absolutely a top 10 QB. People who think he is the reason the Cowboys went 8-8 should watch more football. 

It could be since who knows what’s happening. I have watched and played a ton of football. 
I have also had the privilege of talking players with a current GM. 
I respect your view on Dak. I just don’t know if I agree he is a top 10 QB. 
Do you think Jerry is going to buckle before or during the season?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Dak hate on here is kind of hilarious. We watched him play one game and formed an opinion. A lot of that hate stems from him playing in Dallas. We look so foolish in our criticism.

He’s not elite. He’s a top 10ish QB right now. The cost for a young top 10 QB is approaching $40M a year. That’s just what it is. It’s time to accept that. We MAY be (hopefully) looking at a similar problem in a few months.

Yep

48 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It could be since who knows what’s happening. I have watched and played a ton of football. 
I have also had the privilege of talking players with a current GM. 
I respect your view on Dak. I just don’t know if I agree he is a top 10 QB. 
Do you think Jerry is going to buckle before or during the season?

He can’t now. That’s why it was such a dumb decision. Next year the tag is projected at $37.7M and then $54.2M the following year. They are going to have to make a pretty compelling offer to get Dak to turn down $37.7M and then a chance to go to FA. Otherwise they’ll have to pay him the unheard of $54.2M. If they would have just went to 4 years and $140M or something the deal probably would have gotten done. Now they are looking at 2 years $69.1M and him entering FA or paying another $54.2M for 1 year. It was a massive mistake by the Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s been a long week and maybe I’m just cranky, but am I the only one completely sickened by the coverage of Dak Prescott?  My lord, the whole thing is being crammed down our throats as if he was the only QB playing this season.  Is it my total hatred of the Cowgirls, my complete dislike of Dak and Zeeke and Jones?  

Tell me I’m not the only one who hates this totally overhyped player and all the BS surrounding him!

crammed down our throats?  Really?  It is being reported on, it's your choice to read about it or not.

6 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Mental toughness.  He’s a guy, like Newton who believes his own hype. Guys like that rarely win.  My observation only.

You have no basis in fact to make a claim about either of their mental toughness. Newton was assaulted in the SB and he just kept getting up play after play. What has Dak ever done or said to question his mental toughness? 

I suppose you would praise Allen's mental toughness. But he is the QB that lateralled the ball to no one in the playoff game and took a brutal field position killing sack. 

10 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

The NFL as a whole has been nauseating and taking the fun out of the game by injecting agendas and politics.  The Redskin debacle is just one more straw. When polls showed less than 25% of the people offended why did they buckle. Why does the minority control the majority and why are we pandering to every asshat that has an opinion.  That just gives the athletes more power to assert their own beliefs all over the public. STFU and play the game. That's what you are paid to do. 

If I ran around my office using my position as a conduit of agenda, they'd ride me out and lock the door behind me. That's what needs to happen to the NFL. Turn off the mic, STFU and play the game before you lose your TV audience too.  In a season where I should be the most excited in almost 20 years, I find myself battling to remain interested (in anything other than the Buffalo Bills)  Luckily, we've had no loudmouth idiots spouting off on this team, which gives me hope.

Well said.  It’s obscene at this point, the white “W” on the Wisconsin Badgers uniform now has to be black?  REALLY?!  We now have to play the “black National Anthem”, interesting, I guess I wasn’t notified of the separate Country of America for black people.  Sprite says the American dream forgot the black dream?  Seriously?  Other people of all colors still come from all over the world with nothing and not knowing the language and make themselves great lives, but blacks can’t participate in working for the American dream.  Yeah, OK.  The message being put out now is equality through segregation, way to blow up 60 years of progress.  Soon they will tear down MLK statues because he worked with white people. 

I am holding out hope, but I swear, if they announce the playing of “The Black National Anthem” before week one, I’m done with the NFL for good.   Enough pandering, check with Nike and DSG on how well it works out when you choose to cave to Liberal BS, something funny happens when you discriminate against Americans, you lose.  The NBA and LeBron already lost me when they hushed the Rocket’s VP for saying He supported Hong Kong, because that would hurt their wallet, but they can’t shut up about free black people being oppressed in the US.  Yeah, ok, all about principle, right?  No, you don’t care about oppression, you care about what you perceive will make you money. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Dak has pleasantly surprised me with his NFL success.  I was never that impressed with him at MSU. 

...and I’d take him in a heartbeat over Allen. 

Your opinion is even worse then that beer in you’re avatar 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Well said.  It’s obscene at this point, the white “W” on the Wisconsin Badgers uniform now has to be black?  REALLY?!  We now have to play the “black National Anthem”, interesting, I guess I wasn’t notified of the separate Country of America for black people.  Sprite says the American dream forgot the black dream?  Seriously?  Other people of all colors still come from all over the world with nothing and not knowing the language and make themselves great lives, but blacks can’t participate in working for the American dream.  Yeah, OK.  The message being put out now is equality through segregation, way to blow up 60 years of progress.  Soon they will tear down MLK statues because he worked with white people. 

I am holding out hope, but I swear, if they announce the playing of “The Black National Anthem” before week one, I’m done with the NFL for good.   Enough pandering, check with Nike and DSG on how well it works out when you choose to cave to Liberal BS, something funny happens when you discriminate against Americans, you lose.  The NBA and LeBron already lost me when they hushed the Rocket’s VP for saying He supported Hong Kong, because that would hurt their wallet, but they can’t shut up about free black people being oppressed in the US.  Yeah, ok, all about principle, right?  No, you don’t care about oppression, you care about what you perceive will make you money. 

A lot of really good points , especially the one about people of color who came to this country as immigrants who have worked hard and achieved the American dream ?? !!!

• Thank you (+1) 1