Am I the only one sick of the DAK

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

If it takes away from the nonstop covid, mask and political talk I’ll gladly listen to poor Dak turning down money. 

Because talking about saving lives during a pandemic IS SO HARD TO TAKE...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No sponsor was stepping in to fill the void left in this situation. That wouldn’t have benefited their brand. “Washington lost FedEx because they refused to change their racist name. We look forward to filling the void left by FedEx as we support the name Redskins.” The juice isn’t worth the squeeze and I know a little something about sponsorships. 

It would be interesting to see if FedEx opted out how fast UPS or Amazon or another billion dollar company jumped on board. If FedEx did jump ship I really don't see it taking that long to get a new sponsor.

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

1st quarter: 133 attempts, 805 yards, 4 TDs/3 INTs

2nd quarter: 168 attempts, 1473 yards, 12 TDs/4 INTs

3rd quarter: 124 attempts, 1268 yards, 7 TDs/0 INTs

4th quarter: 171 attempts, 1356 yards, 7 TDs/4 INTs

It doesn't really look at all like he piled up his numbers at the end of games at all. The only outlier is the 1st quarter.

I stand corrected. Nice stat grab, DCOrange.

I just don't ever remember Dak putting his team on his back, and leading them to an impressive victory. Maybe he has from time to time, but not enough to stand out.

I think Dak is asking for back pay, with this new deal. He's getting 4th round draft pick money these past few years, and now he wants some make-up pay for that. But he's forgetting that there were reasons why he was drafted in the 4th round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Because talking about saving lives during a pandemic IS SO HARD TO TAKE...

Come on now, most of the talk isn’t saving lives. I don’t want to derail the thread with BS but I’ll simply say a lot of people think this thing is fake and politically driven, that somehow asking people to wear a mask in public is a crime taking away their rights as an American. It’s a lot of silly memes and fake pic stats all over with people arguing. That’s not talk of saving lives. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Dak hate on here is kind of hilarious. We watched him play one game and formed an opinion. A lot of that hate stems from him playing in Dallas. We look so foolish in our criticism.

He’s not elite. He’s a top 10ish QB right now. The cost for a young top 10 QB is approaching $40M a year. That’s just what it is. It’s time to accept that. We MAY be (hopefully) looking at a similar problem in a few months.

Kirby, Dak has played behind the best line and with awesome weapons and a very good offensive minded HC. Garrett was a bonehead at times but he can coach offenses. Dak is a middle of the pack QB for me. Given what Josh played with his first two years, I think Dak would probably be around 20. 

25 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It would be interesting to see if FedEx opted out how fast UPS or Amazon or another billion dollar company jumped on board. If FedEx did jump ship I really don't see it taking that long to get a new sponsor.

Those companies do not want/need their brand potentially damaged by that association. That’s the problem that Washington ran into. Believe me, if they thought someone would have just jumped in they would have stuck to their guns. In this environment no company was dying to put their name on the worst stadium in the NFL, for one of the worst team’s in the NFL, with the worst ownership in the NFL and a team with a racist name. How would that benefit Amazon? UPS? Anybody? There are a lot better use of their advertising dollars. Normally sponsors are lining up. This situation is totally different hence the name change.

2 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s been a long week and maybe I’m just cranky, but am I the only one completely sickened by the coverage of Dak Prescott?  My lord, the whole thing is being crammed down our throats as if he was the only QB playing this season.  Is it my total hatred of the Cowgirls, my complete dislike of Dak and Zeeke and Jones?  

Tell me I’m not the only one who hates this totally overhyped player and all the BS surrounding him!

Turn off ESPN and you’ll feel better imo

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Kirby, Dak has played behind the best line and with awesome weapons and a very good offensive minded HC. Garrett was a bonehead at times but he can coach offenses. Dak is a middle of the pack QB for me. Given what Josh played with his first two years, I think Dak would probably be around 20. 

Again, we have a zillion different ways that we try to discredit him. As of today, based on what he’s done, Dak is right around 10. We can go back and forth with different data points but the more we dig in on that the more it supports Dak. He’s not ever going to be the best in the league but he will always be a Pro Bowlish QB. He’s 26. He wins. Hes CRIMINALLY underrated by TBD.

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s been a long week and maybe I’m just cranky, but am I the only one completely sickened by the coverage of Dak Prescott?  My lord, the whole thing is being crammed down our throats as if he was the only QB playing this season.  Is it my total hatred of the Cowgirls, my complete dislike of Dak and Zeeke and Jones?  

Tell me I’m not the only one who hates this totally overhyped player and all the BS surrounding him!

Having perused a few of your post offerings, this appears to be your 1st Flame-worthy, mind-numbing thread. For that, you’ve been punished enough.

Bu we have a rule here where OP’s -especially those of the noob variety- are ‘highly encouraged’ to stay with their threads as a level of politeness and decorum. 

I therefore ‘highly encourage’ you to return here. 

Sincerely, Chandler-BattleAxe-#81

EB6D9A5C-BD5B-4B50-86A2-E714FDA6A3F4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

They have this really cool button on your remote control.  It allows you to change your TV to a different channel when you don't like what is on the current one. ;)

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’m so sick of people talking about Dak that I’m going to start a thread where people can talk about Dak. ?

Scroll  back a few, this tired reply used early on as expected.  

2 hours ago, nucci said:

what BS...it's a contract negotiating and it's the only actual football news out there. If you're tired of it just ignore....Cowgirls....really?

Someone else is cranky too I see

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Turn off ESPN and you’ll feel better imo

Tried.  I travel for work 3-4 days per week, and NETFLIX gets old fast.  Turn on something sports related and within 10 minutes its Dak and Cowboys.  Check the news feed its the same.  More talk about a mediocre player and overplayed team than needed.  Just sick to death of a non-sorry about a player turning down millions while real people cant pay the bills.  

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I stand corrected. Nice stat grab, DCOrange.

I just don't ever remember Dak putting his team on his back, and leading them to an impressive victory. Maybe he has from time to time, but not enough to stand out.

I think Dak is asking for back pay, with this new deal. He's getting 4th round draft pick money these past few years, and now he wants some make-up pay for that. But he's forgetting that there were reasons why he was drafted in the 4th round.

Yes. There were. NFL teams missed on him. 

Dak is a good Quarterback. He deserves paying. 

Again, we have a zillion different ways that we try to discredit him. As of today, based on what he’s done, Dak is right around 10. We can go back and forth with different data points but the more we dig in on that the more it supports Dak. He’s not ever going to be the best in the league but he will always be a Pro Bowlish QB. He’s 26. He wins. Hes CRIMINALLY underrated by TBD.

This. This. This. 

Thank you. 

I respect your opinion a ton. I’ve watched him since college, I just think he has been given every opportunity to succeed and he has been good not great. If he wants to get paid more than Wilson, you got to let him walk. Dalton, with that talent might put to rest how good Dak is. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

#failthread

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No offense but the Washington situation isn’t that complicated. Why did they buckle when the public didn’t care? They buckled because THEIR SPONSORS cared!! They were about to lose giant chunks of money and their minority owners. No one was stepping in after that. It was a financial decision.

That's even worse. Sponsors and corporations who dictate what the public should feel and think about things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I respect your opinion a ton. I’ve watched him since college, I just think he has been given every opportunity to succeed and he has been good not great. If he wants to get paid more than Wilson, you got to let him walk. Dalton, with that talent might put to rest how good Dak is. 

Getting paid more than Wilson is a function of timing more than talent. As that Charles Robinson article that is posted earlier said the chance at a Russell Wilson type of deal is gone. He’s getting more than Russell Wilson and with a flat cap that’s a problem for Dallas. They played hardball when they shouldn’t have. 

I too have followed Dak a longtime. I was in Tiger Stadium in 2014 where he stunned LSU. He was dominant. He’s never going to be an elite NFL QB but he is around 10 now. For some perspective last year he was 2nd in yards, 13th in completion percentage, 4th in TD passes, 8th in yards per attempt, 10th in rating and 4th in QBR. He’s won 62.5% of his career starts. That’s not a guy that’s interchangeable with Dalton. That’s a high end NFL QB. 

Just now, BillsRdue said:

That's even worse. Sponsors and corporations who dictate what the public should feel and think about things.

That’s a different argument all together but that’s 100% Snyder’s reasoning. If you ever wonder “why” follow the money.

• Like (+1) 1