New Era name to be dropped from Stadium

33 minutes ago, boater said:

Do you think due to COVID, New Era is on the brink of bankruptcy might have something to do with it. It's like a car loan and New Era can't make the payments.

That would be so embarrassing. Pegs would never allow.

Yes, Pegula would never allow for one of his pro franchises to suffer embarrassment.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...they also had the right to first refusal on a new stadium........Chris Koch who is buds with Brandon was all set to hire him......Pegula did and continues to have Brandon blackballed from ANY employment in Buffalo.....he is still not working.....he got $2 mil severance and has been living off that.....so perhaps Koch got sick of Pegula's games...who knows?....

So this is over Russ? 

1 hour ago, boater said:

Do you think due to COVID, New Era is on the brink of bankruptcy might have something to do with it. It's like a car loan and New Era can't make the payments.

That would be so embarrassing. Pegs would never allow.

I didnt realize that New Era was in such dire straights.....I actually thought they were a bigger company then that

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

I think Genny should pony up so we can call it "Genny Cream Ale Stadium," or "The Screamer" for short.

They'll have to add about 2,000 more stalls in the bathrooms for that to happen.

How bout, "The Garbage Plate"

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'll go go out on a limb and suggest that New Era, like thousands of other companies in this country, is bleeding out cash because of COVID. They looked at your friend's salary, then looked at the person with 10 less years experience doing the same job, and realized it was cheaper to keep the younger employee.

I know it's fashionable to whine about "these greedy bastards," but if that's your thinking, you better buckle up. Based on the current trend of over-the-top freakouts about COVID, don't be surprised when New Era and companies like them throughout the US go belly up in the next six months and fire everyone.

But hey...maybe if they were less greedy and paid people with money they didn't have, everything would be as right as rain. 

You have to feel for career people though who put in 10 years and then get canned for being too successful. It's very cruel but a harsh reality. Success and longevity at a company brings a lot of risk. Same thing just happened at my company with mass firings of long-time employees while rookies stayed on. Just terrible.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...they also had the right to first refusal on a new stadium........Chris Koch who is buds with Brandon was all set to hire him......Pegula did and continues to have Brandon blackballed from ANY employment in Buffalo.....he is still not working.....he got $2 mil severance and has been living off that.....so perhaps Koch got sick of Pegula's games...who knows?....

russ-brandon*1200xx3200-1803-0-329.jpg