New Era name to be dropped from Stadium

55 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

SOB got a bridge, that's enough.

It's still the Tappen Zee to me. 

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Chad Michael Murray Stadium.

aka Hallmark Christmas Movie Stadium, where every game has a magical outcome. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If it wasn't for the Steelers already having Heinz Field, get a ketchup company to be a sponsor. Then, install a giant ketchup bottle over the scoreboard endzone. Every time the Bills score a TD, the bottle spits out ketchup over the seats in that endzone. It'll be a whole new ketchup ceremony for the fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

The naming rights they purchased was bad mouthed by the county executive (Polencarz)  Said he won't use it anymore.  If he works harder at it, he might get New Era to leave the city and state outright!.   good work Mr County Exec!  Citizens can then pay the taxes that New Era no longer pays.  (except, of course, the employees who choose to relocate to Texas with the corporate HQ)

If you read the article in the OP it explains that new era is hurting financially and this has been in the works for over a year. It had absolutely nothing to do with Poloncarz. New Era couldn’t afford the royalties. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sell naming rights to the field and go back to Ralph Wilson Stadium.   Given the current financial landscape and an already overtaxed state this could easily happen again.  Naming rights for the field would be less taxing.

Off topic how did MandT end up paying for naming rights in Baltimore and not here?

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Sell naming rights to the field and go back to Ralph Wilson Stadium.   Given the current financial landscape and an already overtaxed state this could easily happen again.  Naming rights for the field would be less taxing.

Off topic how did MandT end up paying for naming rights in Baltimore and not here?

they have a fairly large presence in the mid-Atlantic, too

6 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s leaving money on the table.....not the NFL Way. 

Call it Augie’s House, and I’ll kick in $500/year. I think it has a nice ring. I’ll need a Go Fund Me campaign to raise the offer. 

I'll chip in another $250 on your Go Fund Me campaign. I think we're close to making this happen! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

How many name changes is our dumpy stadium going to have?

I got it?????

How about they just call our armpit............. Buffalo Bills Stadium.

Is that so difficult?

There hopeful will be no interest in naming the "armpit" after an armpit which smells worse.

Edited by Limeaid