New Era name to be dropped from Stadium

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

New York's Only Pro Football Stadium Field...just rolls off the tongue?

Don't let Albany hear that or it’ll be named Mario Cuomo Stadium. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You have to feel for career people though who put in 10 years and then get canned for being too successful. It's very cruel but a harsh reality. Success and longevity at a company brings a lot of risk. Same thing just happened at my company with mass firings of long-time employees while rookies stayed on. Just terrible.

Yep, I think we all understand the business aspect, but that doesn’t make the reality any better. We’re going to see lots of business/companies go under, and Covid will get blamed for it. Covid already has destroyed many businesses (particularly small business), but many of the larger ones who fall apart were already struggling prior to Covid. Covid is basically the nail in the coffin for many American businesses/corporations who would have been able to survive a few more years without it. New Era seemed to have issues before Covid ever became a thing. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My question is why are they trying to get out of their deal?

Simple.  They're hurting financially.       I suspect it's only a matter of time before Chris Koch sells out to Nike or Under Armor and retires to warmer climes...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Simple.  They're hurting financially.       I suspect it's only a matter of time before Chris Koch sells out to Nike or Under Armor and retires to warmer climes...

Won’t be UnderArmour. They’re struggling as is and trying to get out of their own licensing deals. 

28 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So they got a PPP loan between 5-10 mil, and then turned around and still screwed their employees.  a$$holes.  

They got a PPP loan to pay for roughly 480 employees and then got down to 480 employees. They were at least honest about their intentions with the loan unlike a lot of other companies. They didn’t do anything wrong (at least as far as the PPP goes). They’re just a struggling company right now. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s leaving money on the table.....not the NFL Way. 

Call it Augie’s House, and I’ll kick in $500/year. I think it has a nice ring. I’ll need a Go Fund Me campaign to raise the offer. 

Actually, if they are not going to find a sponsor, we should all pitch in $100 and request the Pegulas to call it Two Bills Drive. That will be great fan service. 

But I know it takes a lot more than that to change all the ads etc. But a fan can dream