New Era name to be dropped from Stadium

Good!  F*** New Era.  A good friend lost their job last week at New Era.  Yet someone with 10 years less experience at the company in a similar role, kept their job.  I will no longer buy a cap without looking at the label to see if it is coming from these greedy bastards.

• Like (+1) 6

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  It's had 3 names so far in its 47 year history: Rich Stadium, Ralph Wilson Stadium and New Era Stadium. 

Actually, I remember that in it's "rookie" season, it was actually referred to on network telecasts as "from The Stadium in Orchard Park, NY"...

So it might actually be 4 names....

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My question is why are they trying to get out of their deal?

Do you think due to COVID, New Era is on the brink of bankruptcy might have something to do with it. It's like a car loan and New Era can't make the payments.

47 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

That would be so embarrassing. Pegs would never allow.

to keep things in line with the Pegula ownership I could see  "One Buffalo" Stadium It doesn't really roll off the tongue though

One Bills Drive Stadium

PSE Stadium

Hunters Hope Stadium that would be a very cool name.

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Good!  F*** New Era.  A good friend lost their job last week at New Era.  Yet someone with 10 years less experience at the company in a similar role, kept their job.  I will no longer buy a cap without looking at the label to see if it is coming from these greedy bastards.

I'll go go out on a limb and suggest that New Era, like thousands of other companies in this country, is bleeding out cash because of COVID. They looked at your friend's salary, then looked at the person with 10 less years experience doing the same job, and realized it was cheaper to keep the younger employee.

I know it's fashionable to whine about "these greedy bastards," but if that's your thinking, you better buckle up. Based on the current trend of over-the-top freakouts about COVID, don't be surprised when New Era and companies like them throughout the US go belly up in the next six months and fire everyone.

But hey...maybe if they were less greedy and paid people with money they didn't have, everything would be as right as rain.