New Era name to be dropped from Stadium

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

How many name changes is our dumpy stadium going to have?

I got it?????

How about they just call our armpit............. Buffalo Bills Stadium.

Is that so difficult?

Huh?  It's had 3 names so far in its 47 year history: Rich Stadium, Ralph Wilson Stadium and New Era Stadium. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I got it?????

Is that so difficult?

That’s leaving money on the table.....not the NFL Way. 

Call it Augie’s House, and I’ll kick in $500/year. I think it has a nice ring. I’ll need a Go Fund Me campaign to raise the offer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I got it?????

Is that so difficult?

Modern day NFL fans have really gotten wimpy.  I love the sightlines and the close proximity to the field that you get at our stadium.  I dont need 5 star restaurants, huge jumbo trons, etc.  

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That’s leaving money on the table.....not the NFL Way. 

Call it Augie’s House, and I’ll kick in $500/year. I think it has a nice ring. I’ll need a Go Fund Me campaign to raise the offer. 

A GFM to re-name it Rich Stadium for it's final days and I would contribute.

This was New Era’s decision, not the Pegulas. 

The Buffalo-based headwear and apparel company has asked the team to release it from its naming rights agreement, which means the stadium will no longer be called New Era Field.

The statement read: "The Buffalo Bills and New Era Cap Company jointly announce that New Era has asked to be released from their naming rights and sponsorship deals with the Bills. The Bills and New Era are currently negotiating the details of this separation and the Bills are beginning the process of pursuing a new naming rights partner for the stadium."

The exact date of the change, and the next name for the stadium, are still to be determined.

A source with inside knowledge of the negotiations said PSE has been working with New Era for "well over a year" to restructure the deal to support their business....

....For New Era, the end of the naming rights deal accentuates the difficulties the company has faced over the last two years, even before the coronavirus pandemic forced the shutdown of sports that are so vital to its business.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

...they also had the right to first refusal on a new stadium........Chris Koch who is buds with Brandon was all set to hire him......Pegula did and continues to have Brandon blackballed from ANY employment in Buffalo.....he is still not working.....he got $2 mil severance and has been living off that.....so perhaps Koch got sick of Pegula's games...who knows?....

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

New Era was actually a cool name.

Right. I didn't even know what New Era (the company) was, and I suspect most people never knew. But it beat the heck out of Guaranteed Rate Field (White Sox).

A while back I tried to find a study that showing that buying naming rights to a stadium is an effective form of advertising. There was none. Yet companies still do it out of vanity I suppose. In fact, you could make a good argument that buying naming rights is correlated (not a cause and effect, but correlated) with business failure, because it is the particularly stupid businesses that invest good money in vanity projects rather than R&D or something more worthwhile.  Enron Field anyone? Stop the madness. Just call it the Ralph again. 

• Like (+1) 1