Michael Lombardi hints Dareus to the Patriots

Estro

It’s clear that Dareus had the talent and the potential to be a force on the D-line, he just didn’t have the discipline to self motivate.  If he goes to New England he may play like trash 14 games this season, but the two times he’ll bring his “A Game” to play will be the two games he lines up against the Bills.  I’d rather he doesn’t end up in New England.

• Like (+1) 1

Has MD been anything more than average over the last five or so years?

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Has MD been anything more than average over the last five or so years?

We traded him in 2017 I think and he had only been average that whole year and 2016. He did not light up Jax despite having Campbell next to him. I think he is only motivated by money and the Pat's* don't have much.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d rather a high upside, low floor guy didn’t end up in New England. They just did it with the QB. I’m fine when they add Hogan, Chandler or Gillislee because there is only so much impact that they can make. They are average talents that could easily be replaced by other average talents. Cam and Dareus are not that. It’s best if he doesn’t end up there.

• Like (+1) 6

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not all BB's reclamation projects end up like Chad Johnson though. Aquib Talib and L'Garrette Blount, Danny Shelton.... Belichick is the master of these low risk, high reward moves

Beane is quickly climbing that ladder as well on our behalf—Josh Norman being the latest example, hopefully that works out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Biscuit, good points.  I just don’t think he has much left on him and I expect if BB signs him, he’ll be cut by the end of camp or after the first couple of games.  BB is known for giving guys like him, Chad Johnson, and others another chance and then get rid of him.  By the time 11/1 comes around for our 1st Pats game, you’re right, he most likely wouldn’t be there.  The good news is he could help the Pats to a couple of losses.  He wasn’t worth it then, and he is not even close to worth it now.  A guy can dream on the Feliciano ars whooping.

All if those years watching him come in out of shape and having to sit on treadmills when everyone else on the team was practicing was revolting.  If a joke of a Jax team has not signed him, not a lot of teams are even thinking about him anymore.  Just another mismanagement example of our illustrious Bills administrations.

Good post.  Based on his last few years, I won’t bet on him but it’s zero risk.  

but I think there is a lot of hindsight with Dareus.  He was a 24 year old all pro who was on a similar sack pace to Warren Sapp through his first couple of years.  Imo, the deaths and his work ethic caught up to him.  I also freely admit I give a guy like him more slack because I genuinely think he’s a good guy who’s been through a lot and has made silly decisions.  But I wish him well.  

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d rather a high upside, low floor guy didn’t end up in New England. They just did it with the QB. I’m fine when they add Hogan, Chandler or Gillislee because there is only so much impact that they can make. They are average talents that could easily be replaced by other average talents. Cam and Dareus are not that. It’s best if he doesn’t end up there.

Haha, still can’t take your loss over the Hogan thing, can you Kirby?  I think this is the year D’Rick puts it all together and breaks out. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good point.  Lou Saban is known for running a super easy, player friendly program.

if this dude is serious about football (and as someone who has defended him, I’m even questioning that), you sign for the absolute minimum, and just work your butt off.  He wasted Hall Of Fame ability. 

Lou Saban coached the Boston Patriots in the old AFL about 30 years before Marcel was born so I don't follow your point.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Lou Saban coached the Boston Patriots in the old AFL about 30 years before Marcel was born so I don't follow your point.  

Come on silly. I’m talking about Lou Saban, the Auburn coach, where Dareus went to school. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, still can’t take your loss over the Hogan thing, can you Kirby?  I think this is the year D’Rick puts it all together and breaks out. ?

He was a replacement level player that averaged 29 catches and 382 yards a season. You can throw a rock and find that production (especially with Brady). That was always my assertion and I’m sticking by it. He’s Zay Jones.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good point.  Lou Saban is known for running a super easy, player friendly program.

if this dude is serious about football (and as someone who has defended him, I’m even questioning that), you sign for the absolute minimum, and just work your butt off.  He wasted Hall Of Fame ability. 

Come on!  He's been in the league 9 years.   Now he's going to get serious, after a 2nd team will let him go for not being serious about football?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gotcha.  He was a beast. It’s a shame.  Personally, I’ll ride for that guy.  I want to see him prove himself because imo, he wasn’t a bad guy.  He had more death happen to him than anyone I can remember.  I lost a couple people recently and it can really eat at you.  He got lazy And made some mistakes but he never seemed malicious.  

Definitely wasn't malicious, more like just a big kid who wouldn't grow up, but I can't imagine what his mindset must have been like with all those people who he was close to dying within a short time period. I mean maybe that was some kind of defensive mechanism.

Kind of makes a lot of things irrelevant to you.  I am a huge gym goer and health person and when my Mom died I literally barely went for a year. I just stopped caring about it, so I can definitely understand how he could have a "don't care" attitude to other parts of his life.  

Also, despite what we believe, many of the players don't "love" football, they are simply good at it and treat it like a job.  And like any other job, plenty of people don't really enjoy it.  

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1