Michael Lombardi hints Dareus to the Patriots

Estro

On his most recent podcast "GM Shuffle" Michael Lombardi shoots down the Clowney to Pats rumors and says "he'd be more interested in Marcell Darrus because he can push the pocket"

I've noticed he usually has pretty good inside info and thought it was interesting he specifically dropped Dareus name.  With the new $ they just freed up, Ill be curious to see if it happens.  Wo I ld a guy like Dareus play for $4-5M on a 1 yr deal?

12 minutes ago, Estro said:

On his most recent podcast "GM Shuffle" Michael Lombardi shoots down the Clowney to Pats rumors and says "he'd be more interested in Marcell Darrus because he can push the pocket"

I've noticed he usually has pretty good inside info and thought it was interesting he specifically dropped Dareus name.  With the new $ they just freed up, Ill be curious to see if it happens.  Wo I ld a guy like Dareus play for $4-5M on a 1 yr deal?

I just don't see him as a BB-type player. Too lazy.

11 minutes ago, Estro said:

He would be lucky to get a 4-5 million deal for 1 year.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This will be entertaining, Dareus would despise the "Patriot way".

Good point.  Lou Saban is known for running a super easy, player friendly program.

if this dude is serious about football (and as someone who has defended him, I’m even questioning that), you sign for the absolute minimum, and just work your butt off.  He wasted Hall Of Fame ability. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Please hire Dareus so Feliciano can abuse him with Morse.  Dareus is a lazy slob.

Be careful what you wish for.  Also, if he sucks that bad, you think BB would play him?

nothing has happened but these are the championship moves you make.  A guy who was once a top 5 player at his position who’s star if fading and doesn’t have great offers out there.  These are the type of moves you should be making.  There is zero risk. 

• Like (+1) 7

it makes me kind of sick these guys even have cap space to sign anyone.     Part of me wonders if having to play on a one year prove it deal will motivate Dareus?  He is 30 years old, hasnt played a full season in 7 years, and hasnt been overly productive in the last 6 years.   Who knows if this is just what he needs or if he is really just done.  The trend would tell you he is probably done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh?  They had the best d line in the nfl and in franchise history.  4 guys with 10 + sacks.  I bet that’s happened less than 10 times in NFL history. 

Rookie year 2011. Look at his teammates. There were injuries too. Dareus was a beast when he was a rookie

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2011_roster.htm

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  Also, if he sucks that bad, you think BB would play him?

nothing has happened but these are the championship moves you make.  A guy who was once a top 5 player at his position who’s star if fading and doesn’t have great offers out there.  These are the type of moves you should be making.  There is zero risk. 

Biscuit, good points.  I just don’t think he has much left on him and I expect if BB signs him, he’ll be cut by the end of camp or after the first couple of games.  BB is known for giving guys like him, Chad Johnson, and others another chance and then get rid of him.  By the time 11/1 comes around for our 1st Pats game, you’re right, he most likely wouldn’t be there.  The good news is he could help the Pats to a couple of losses.  He wasn’t worth it then, and he is not even close to worth it now.  A guy can dream on the Feliciano ars whooping.

All if those years watching him come in out of shape and having to sit on treadmills when everyone else on the team was practicing was revolting.  If a joke of a Jax team has not signed him, not a lot of teams are even thinking about him anymore.  Just another mismanagement example of our illustrious Bills administrations.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bmur66 said:

Rookie year 2011. Look at his teammates. There were injuries too. Dareus was a beast when he was a rookie

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2011_roster.htm

Gotcha.  He was a beast. It’s a shame.  Personally, I’ll ride for that guy.  I want to see him prove himself because imo, he wasn’t a bad guy.  He had more death happen to him than anyone I can remember.  I lost a couple people recently and it can really eat at you.  He got lazy And made some mistakes but he never seemed malicious.  

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Biscuit, good points.  I just don’t think he has much left on him and I expect if BB signs him, he’ll be cut by the end of camp or after the first couple of games.  BB is known for giving guys like him, Chad Johnson, and others another chance and then get rid of him.  By the time 11/1 comes around for our 1st Pats game, you’re right, he most likely wouldn’t be there.  The good news is he could help the Pats to a couple of losses.  He wasn’t worth it then, and he is not even close to worth it now.  A guy can dream on the Feliciano ars whooping.

All if those years watching him come in out of shape and having to sit on treadmills when everyone else on the team was practicing was revolting.  If a joke of a Jax team has not signed him, not a lot of teams are even thinking about him anymore.  Just another mismanagement example of our illustrious Bills administrations.

Not all BB's reclamation projects end up like Chad Johnson though. Aquib Talib and L'Garrette Blount, Danny Shelton.... Belichick is the master of these low risk, high reward moves. 

• Like (+1) 4