Free Agent or Trade? One more baby!

Frez

I wish the Bills would make one more big splash with a free agent or make a block buster trade for a impact player.

Wishful thinking I know...........I'm just bored and hoping we have a season this year. I'm usually wound right up but can't get the juices flowing just yet.

• Like (+1) 3

They are fine.

They have one of the best/deepest rosters in the sport.

That's a FAR CRY from where we thought they were at this exact same time last year.

The only question is if this is going to be a screwed up COVID season.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

They are fine.

They have one of the best/deepest rosters in the sport.

That's a FAR CRY from where we thought they were at this exact same time last year.

The only question is if this is going to be a screwed up COVID season.

Far Cry 6 looks great.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not a flashy move by any means, but I wouldn’t mind sending a 2021 4th or 5th round pick for David Njoku.

This is the kind of thing that I was thinking. We have 2 5ths and 2 7ths next year at this point (no 4th). Maybe a 5th and 7th that can become a 6th? 

I would also consider one of those vet safeties potentially to compete for a roster position. If Poyer or Hyde goes down it would be nice to at least have that option. I think Jaquan Johnson will be the guy and Marlowe is okay too. I just like the idea of a really experienced vet back there in McDermott’s system. Reid, Jefferson and Jones are all still out there I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Frez said:

I wish the Bills would make one more big splash with a free agent or make a block buster trade for a impact player.

Wishful thinking I know...........I'm just bored and hoping we have a season this year. I'm usually wound right up but can't get the juices flowing just yet.

Give me McCaffrey or TJ Watt or LvE

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Who are we going to get when we literally are going to cut players that are going to play for other teams once they are cut

Clowney. Cut Murphy

I wonder if any trades made now will be conditional on the season starting or a certain number of games player. It would be silly to trade for a player now in exchange for a 2021 draft pick. There may be no season played and you would be out a draft pick 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Clowney. Cut Murphy

I wonder if any trades made now will be conditional on the season starting or a certain number of games player. It would be silly to trade for a player now in exchange for a 2021 draft pick. There may be no season played and you would be out a draft pick 

Clowney actually has not shown more production then Murphy, would be a one year rental, and we have already spent more then most of the NFL at our DL position.......is the plan to have AJE sit on the bench?

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not a flashy move by any means, but I wouldn’t mind sending a 2021 4th or 5th round pick for David Njoku.

This.  No need for a big splash signing that is either a one year rental or big money long term contract.   We have a deep, talented squad and  Allen, Diggs, White, Dawkins and Edmunds to keep in mind when we make any long term decisions now.  

Njoku is a guy who we could build with and wouldn’t break the bank as a TE.   For the record, I really like Knox, but Beane has always been adamant on always looking to improve and/or provide competition. 

Edited by SCBills