Top 10 Bill Plays from 2019

10) Duke Williams TD versus the Titans

Bill fans “owned” the stadium and after his score you could hear his name “Duke”, a third string WR as if he won a Super Bowl.  I would much rather have the Bills “Mafia” known for being able to take over an opposing team’s stadium than getting wasted and smashing table in a drunken stupor.

9) Micah Hyde intercepts Brady pass in endzone.

Micah Hyde denied the Pats a score deep in the red zone as he read Brady’s eyes staring down the intended wide receiver and positioned himself perfectly for the int.  The int kept the game score within reach and kept the Pats off the score board to end the second half.

? Josh Allen Headfirst TD verses the Texans.

End around to John Brown and then a beautiful pass to Josh Allen for  Buffalo’s first post season touchdown this century. 

7) Cole Beasley 25-yard TD reception vs Cowboys.   

Sweet revenge for Beasley scoring in Jerry’s World starting a Bills offensive juggernaut.

6) Micah Hyde’s onside kick return for a TD.

Micah Hyde goes high to catch the onside kick  in the air, twirls around and runs it in stride to effectively  seal a home victory against the Dolphins .

5) Tremaine Edmunds sacks Baker Mayfield for a safety.

It tied the score it insured the Bills of getting the ball back in good field position.

4) Knox’s 33-yard reception and Dawkins half yard TD reception vs the Pats

I have included these two plays together, recall Knox’s catch was originally ruled a TD and then overturned.

One of Belichek’s hallmarks has been the Pats uncanny ability to end the first half (as well as first drive of second half) vastly outscoring opponents.  Not this game.

With 15 seconds remaining and one timeout from the Pats 34, the pass to Knox was executed near perfection.  The blocking was solid giving Allen plenty of time and the play call was brilliant imo.    Given this situation, is Belichek going to double team a rookie tight end with a history of drops?  Knox got separation with no safety help and Allen threw a near perfect 40-yard touch pass to a position to only where Knox could touch it…something he isn’t supposed to be able to accomplish.  The TD was called back with the ball placed inside the one.   In a very gutsy call,  Dawkins reported as an eligible receiver and was uncovered catching a TD with one second left.

3) John Browns 38 yd TD reception against the Jets.

Bills come from behind for the first win of the season with an 85 yard drive ending with 2:48 time remaining. 

2) Dawson Knox’s bruising 49-yard reception against the Bengals.

Knox pushed away the first defender and rolled over the next.  It flipped the field, excited the crowd and energized the team to help overcome a late Q4 deficit in what was regarded as an easy home game to go 3-0 on the season.

1)   Josh Allen 4th down conversion vs Dallas.

This will be debated but this play is often misconstrued as a called QB sneak when in fact it was a busted play.  The play call was an outside zone run to Devin Singletary but when Allen pulled went to hand the ball off Singletary wasn’t in position and Allen dropped (fumbled) the ball.  Blocking was subpar as well with both the center and left guard on the ground as Allen picked the ball up between them and improvised a quarterback sneak, as most of the Cowboy defenders appeared to have given up on the play, Allen surged forward took on Sean Lee and then brought Byron Jones 2 more yards with him.

This one play, Allen’s marquis broadcast coming out for most national fans, epitomized so much about Allen.  Raw with tremendous athletic ability, leadership and tough willed…as well as his propensity to drop, fumble the ball.  The type of quarterback play that commands respect from teammates and coaches.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Bill fans “owned” the stadium and after his score you could hear his name “Duke”, a third string WR as if he won a Super Bowl.  I would much rather have the Bills “Mafia” known for being able to take over an opposing team’s stadium than getting wasted and smashing table in a drunken stupor.

es and coaches.

Can't we have our cake and vomit it up too?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tre White interception of Fitzpatrick at the 1yd line as the Dolphins were driving to go up 21-9 heading into 4th quarter.  Game stayed at 14-9 and turned around from there to ignite a huge 4Q for the win.

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, cage said:

Tre White interception of Fitzpatrick at the 1yd line as the Dolphins were driving to go up 21-9 heading into 4th quarter.  Game stayed at 14-9 and turned around from there to ignite a huge 4Q for the win.

I originally had that on my list be took it off because the Micah Hyde really iced that game with his kickoff return.    White also caused a critical fumble later in the game so he deserves game ball there.   Fitz was on that game and just scored,   Dolphins get the ball back we could have easily lost.  There were a lot of pivotal plays thru the season  i didnt include like the Bills stopping the Texans on the 4th down.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

59 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I originally had that on my list be took it off because the Micah Hyde really iced that game with his kickoff return.    White also caused a critical fumble later in the game so he deserves game ball there.   Fitz was on that game and just scored,   Dolphins get the ball back we could have easily lost.  There were a lot of pivotal plays thru the season  i didnt include like the Bills stopping the Texans on the 4th down.

I like the Edmunds safety in the Browns game as well.... another consideration from that game as a package of plays is the Defense goal line stand across, I think was it 6 plays from the 1-2 yard line they stopped?

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, cage said:

I like the Edmunds safety in the Browns game as well.... another consideration from that game as a package of plays is the Defense goal line stand across, I think was it 6 plays from the 1-2 yard line they stopped?

That was a great stand.  Also, the Browns looked completely inept.  Mayfield was under center every play standing with one leg way behind the other for some reason, so it basically told the defense which way the play was going every time.  Buffalo just swallowed up the back every single time.

• Like (+1) 1

ALL THE SMOKE BOMBS!!!

John Brown torching Gilmore for the TD

John Brown torching Chris Harris for TD

John Brown torching Ryan Lewis for TD

John Brown torching Darryl Roberts for TD

John Brown torching Nik Needham forTD

John Brown torching Jerome Baker for TD

Devin catches TD from John Brown.

Josh catches TD from John Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, cage said:

Wasn't this the game w stopped them multiple times on 4 downs inside the 5 yard line ? Amaazing...we just wasted the game by allowing Mayfield to march down 80 yards for the go ahead TD after Josh Allen had given the lead.   

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

ALL THE SMOKE BOMBS!!!

John Brown torching Gilmore for the TD

John Brown torching Chris Harris for TD

John Brown torching Ryan Lewis for TD

John Brown torching Darryl Roberts for TD

John Brown torching Nik Needham forTD

John Brown torching Jerome Baker for TD

Devin catches TD from John Brown.

Josh catches TD from John Brown.

Josh Brown was a difference maker for this team !

On 7/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, ganesh said:

Wasn't this the game w stopped them multiple times on 4 downs inside the 5 yard line ? Amaazing...we just wasted the game by allowing Mayfield to march down 80 yards for the go ahead TD after Josh Allen had given the lead. 

Allen “gave them the lead” by scoring in a sneak after fumbling the ball while scrambling, having it bounce forward several yards, and having his teammate recover at the one yard line for a first and goal.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:38 AM, cage said:

This