Bucs Get $10.4 Million for Upgrades to RJS .

The Tampa Bay Bucs are getting $10.4 million for upgrades to Raymond James Stadium due to the virus for touch less toilets, sinks and other things that one would think the team or the NFL should pay for not the Feds which ultimately means the tax payers you and I will be paying for these upgrades .

So what about the other teams ? The Bills could use $10.4 Mill to upgrade New Era ! Will there only be a few venues that get monies for upgrades due to the plan laid out by the NFL to maybe do something similar to the NBA ? 

Raymond James is suppose to host Wrestle Mania this yr which will not be as many fans as usual then next year the Super Bowl so why not have them use some of that cash instead ? I think Roger or TB12 may have had some influence on what monies go where .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/14/bucs-get-10-4-million-for-covid-19-stadium-safety-upgrades/

Edited by T master

This is yet another example of the endless corporate welfare our politicians gift to corporations, those poor down trodden multi billionaires need our tax dollars so much more than we do...time for a change don’t ya think...

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, T master said:

The Tampa Bay Bucs are getting $10.4 million for upgrades to Raymond James Stadium due to the virus for touch less toilets, sinks and other things that one would think the team or the NFL should pay for not the Feds which ultimately means the tax payers you and I will be paying for these upgrades .

So what about the other teams ? The Bills could use $10.4 Mill to upgrade New Era ! Will there only be a few venues that get monies for upgrades due to the plan laid out by the NFL to maybe do something similar to the NBA ? 

Raymond James is suppose to host Wrestle Mania this yr which will not be as many fans as usual then next year the Super Bowl so why not have them use some of that cash instead ? I think Roger or TB12 may have had some influence on what monies go where .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/14/bucs-get-10-4-million-for-covid-19-stadium-safety-upgrades/

The bolded is true in theory but there is nothing that ties government spending to taxes raised....they just throw it on as debt.  Modern Monetary Theory says the government can print money at will so long as it does not cause inflation.  I dont necessarily agree but that is how things are working....

Ralonzo, that was hilarious.  I can’t believe I actually remember that old cartoon.  I used to love Bugs and the Flinstones.

As far as the Bucs upgrades, it’s deplorable Governor Desantis would even consider if he was the one, and even worse the Feds.  The Glazers a little unknown are one of the richest owners in football just like the Pegulas.  Everyone thinks Jerrah, Kraft, but it’s other like the Seattle family the Allens, Kronke, Ross in Miami that are worth an ungodly amount of $.

There is no excuse to use public $ for a private stadium, and I live in Tampa.  Why they are even doing upgrades when in the end there won’t be fans in the stands anyway.  Eventually the governors will fall suit and all bar teams from letting fans in the seats.  It’s like the Wild West down here trying to get the epidemic under control, and they did pull back a lot of restrictions three weeks ago.