Bruce Smith coming up at 9:25am EST on The Dan Patrick Show

I know someone named Bruce who saw Bruce walk into a pizza place in VA Beach several years ago. True story.

The odds of two people named Bruce randomly in the same place at the same time can't be very good. Two named Mike or John, sure. But Bruce? Doubtful.

(Just my dumb musings...carry on)

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

I know someone named Bruce who saw Bruce walk into a pizza place in VA Beach several years ago. True story.

The odds of two people named Bruce randomly in the same place at the same time can't be very good. Two named Mike or John, sure. But Bruce? Doubtful.

Add to the fact that you now live in Virginia and originally were from the same location that Bruce played in, what are the odds!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Did anyone listen?  Would love to hear what Bruce said about that...

I watched. Apparently, there were MANY moments like that in this filming, and they had to stop filming a couple times to recover. That's why you heard Michael Irvin say "we're not doing this again."

All they did was laugh all day. 

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Add to the fact that you now live in Virginia and originally were from the same location that Bruce played in, what are the odds!!

My brother and I met Bruce Smith at 'The Canadian Ballet' back in 1998. We were at a table near the front and Bruce walked in with his entourage who all, incredibly, made him look small. The manager came over and asked us if we would move for them and my brother said, "Tell Bruce to buy us a pitcher and we will." ?:beer:We moved and, a couple of minutes later, Bruce personally walked over to our table with a pitcher of beer in hand. He thanked us and said, "Y'all didn't need to move but thank you." We told him we were huge fans of his and the Bills and were up from RIchmond, VA to see the game. He broke into a big smile and chatted with us for a few. Before going back to his table, he gave us a parking pass for Sunday's game where the players park and exit the locker room after the game. The Bills (0-3) were playing the 49ers (3-0) that Sunday and we actually saw Rob Johnson best Steve Young. The Bills led 23-0 heading into the fourth quarter and had to sweat out a late 49ers rally for a 26-21 victory. We got to meet Bruce, see an exciting Bills win, and see several players after the game. Very cool experience.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Rock’Em Sock’Em, awesome name and avatar.  I used to pay with that game when I was a little kid.  My cousin and I would play with that game for hours.  Funny how my kids have all of these video games, and we had pong, Battleship, and Atari.  Talk about a different life experience.

Kudos for the pick and you look new so welcome bud.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rock’Em Sock’Em, awesome name and avatar.  I used to pay with that game when I was a little kid.  My cousin and I would play with that game for hours.  Funny how my kids have all of these video games, and we had pong, Battleship, and Atari.  Talk about a different life experience.

Kudos for the pick and you look new so welcome bud.

1970’s and early ‘80s toys were the best! 

• Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Those were the pre-litigious parent toys! After that kids went all Darwin-awards and started knocking one another's eyes out and choking on things. I'm still pissed that they stopped making the Battlestar Galactica ships with the spring loaded missiles before I managed to snag one. 

5 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

There are 436,605 people in the U.S. with the first name Bruce.
Statistically the 141st most popular first name.

1/19881 = 0.0050299% or approximately same chance of New England's coach not cheating.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, transient said:

Those were the pre-litigious parent toys! After that kids went all Darwin-awards and started knocking one another's eyes out and choking on things. I'm still pissed that they stopped making the Battlestar Galactica ships with the spring loaded missiles before I managed to snag one. 

I owned one.   They were fantastic. 

865D7BFB-3B19-430E-A0FF-28FFCC2AB900.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Inconceivable! 

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Lawn darts, awesome and dangerous, so cool ? 

Go Bills!!!