Eggs: How you eat them

I eat over a half dozen eggs daily. Delicious, cheap, healthy, versatile, etc.  Scrambled, medium, poached, sous vide, quiche, pickled, omelettes,fritattas, egg  on aburger, and egg on everything a la croque  madam or bimimbap,etc......time to cook up some eggs

• Like (+1) 2

I eat a dozen raw every day.  With the shells.  Blend it up and suck it down.

Alternatively, scrambled, over-easy, hard-boiled.  Always with salt, pepper, hot sauce.  If I'm eating out generally I'll only get them poached to avoid vegetable oils.

My preference is over easy with pepper and Tabasco.  Preferably accompanied by rye toast.

Regardless of the way it's cooked, I actually like Tabasco on eggs, period.

Hard boiled - just salt and Tabasco.

Omelet - Gotta be meat and cheese. I'm not anti-veggie, but there's a time and a place and an omelet ain't neither.

Burger - Tried an egg on a burger for the first time about 6 years ago.  Fan ***** tastic.  Gotta be over easy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I eat over a half dozen eggs daily. Delicious, cheap, healthy, versatile, etc.  Scrambled, medium, poached, sous vide, quiche, pickled, omelettes,fritattas, egg  on aburger, and egg on everything a la croque  madam or bimimbap,etc......time to cook up some eggs

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I eat a dozen raw every day.  With the shells.  Blend it up and suck it down.

Alternatively, scrambled, over-easy, hard-boiled.  Always with salt, pepper, hot sauce.  If I'm eating out generally I'll only get them poached to avoid vegetable oils.

Luuuuuuuke, Pete is your father!

coolhand_10.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

My wife raises chickens, so we eat eggs regularly. Luckily, they're versatile and we all like them multiple ways, e.g.:

• Scrambled with veggies (I like mine in a taco shell)
  • Fried, over medium (squishy, but not runny)
  • Hard boiled - by itself with a little salt, in an egg salad sandwich, or sliced into a green salad
  • Omelet, with home fries on the side

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

ummmm egg farts!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I hate goo.   

Cooked enough so I can see not "snot". 

Yes, but with the yolk still runny for toast dipping.  It’s a fine line to get a perfect over easy egg.

Also like scrambled, with the bacon pieces mixed in.

Or poached.  Wifey made me eggs Benedict on Father’s Day.  Yum.

• Like (+1) 4

After reading this thread I suggested to Mrs. Lew that we 

have B L T's  with a fried egg on them .. 

And the eggs to be cooked in the  bacon drippings..   ummm good.

yeah, with the retirement thing, dinners are more planned than in the  past.

• Like (+1) 1

Reminds me of an old joke/pick-up line(?)...Man to woman: "How do you like your eggs in the morning...scrambled or fertilized?"

I like eggs prepared just about any way you can make them although I am not a huge fan of poached. Last time I downed them raw was a lifetime ago in high school when I was training for football. Lately, I've been eating egg white omelettes with Parmesan cheese, chives, a dash of salt, and generous pepper. Today, I added some sliced Boars Head turkey to it. This was accompanied with an English muffin and a side of sliced strawberries and banana.

• Like (+1) 1

Over easy or poached are my favorite. A hard yoke really ruins an egg for me.

I feel the same way about scrambled. Cooked very slow (with small bits of hard butter mixed in, that slowly melt into the egg). Served soft and tender.

I have an egg sandwich for breakfast several times a week. Over easy, a slice of cheese and a thin slice of capicola or some bacon. Yum Yum.

• Like (+1) 1