RIP Grant Imahara

Just Jack

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/grant-imahara-dead-mythbusters-host-was-49-1303101?fbclid=IwAR2MTxc1gid5HJJxCEPEE2MG4xOwN1iA7yMpf0DxzqpsliugTclcBbdybEE

Grant Imahara, an electrical engineer and roboticist who hosted the popular science show MythBusters and Netflix's White Rabbit Project, has died. He was 49.

Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. "We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," a representative for Discovery said in a statement on Monday.

• Sad 3

Anyurisms  (sp?) can be a silent killer. I have an aunt who only found out she had one after a car accident.  They scanned her brain and spotted it. They repaired it and she is now 90. It was large enough that they said she could have died at any time.

it wasn't too long ago that I was reading about him creating an animatronic replica of the 'Baby Yoda'

I think he also just started something with a new company recently

This is the 2nd host from the show to die in the last year after fill-in host Jessi Combs died crashing her jet car while going after another landspeed record.

Some other cool things about him

- He was one of the few people that was trained to operate the actual R2-D2 drioid

- Created some of the technology for the Energizer Bunny robot

- Was one of the earlier Battlebot Champions

- Was the creator of the Geoff Peterson robot from Craig Fegussons late night show

Like many of the rest of the shows hosts, he worked for George Lucas at 'Industrial Light and Magic' and worked on a bunch of big budget films in special effects and robotics

My sister passed at 52 with one 6 years ago.

I also knew / had a friend in HS who passed in the summer of 75 from one.  

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

Anyurisms  (sp?) can be a silent killer. I have an aunt who only found out she had one after a car accident.  They scanned her brain and spotted it. They repaired it and she is now 90. It was large enough that they said she could have died at any time.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

• 1 year later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.