Tom Bauerle (Monday Afternoon) says the Bills may be next for a name change

boater

7 hours ago, SDS said:

so you are the guy who uses Bing?

Snicker all you want. I will neither admit or deny the accusation that will expose me as a Neanderthal. I am expressing my right to claim plausible deniability. ?

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Snicker all you want. I will neither admit or deny the accusation that will expose me as a Neanderthal. I am expressing my right to claim plausible deniability. ?

??????????????

Lock him up!  Lock him up!

He won't be as smug when the Google Cops come for him.  The 21st Century's version of Johnny Fever's 'phone cops'.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

The Buffalo Table Smashers

Can't we watch sports without all that SJW and politic bullcrap?

No, and for your outburst you will be reprimanded to a re-education camp (think Clockwork Orange) where you will be forced to watch ESPN for 1 week straight.  After that you will report back here and tell us what is really important.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

No, and for your outburst you will be reprimanded to a re-education camp (think Clockwork Orange) where you will be forced to watch ESPN for 1 week straight.  After that you will report back here and tell us what is really important.

Along with a conditional draft pick to the New England Patriots.

10 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ahhh, gee. Just callin' a spade a spade. No reason for you to get misty over it....

He may be homely, but he was somebody's baby once...

(And everyone said "look at that huuuuuge kid!"  ?)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

We'd need a far more Polish ethnic name than Bob. Maybe the Stanleys?

Imagine the amazing gameday chant at New Era: “Steeelllaaa!!!!!”

On 7/13/2020 at 4:51 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

PETA might have an issue with him as he killed thousands of buffalos, which is ironic. 

It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities. PETA already went after the Packers a couple decades ago. For those who don’t already know, their franchise name honors a canned meat company that agreed to sponsor Lambeau’s team back in 1919. Needless to say, PETA’s protests didn’t work. But the culture of 2020 is very different than it was back around 2000. So why not go after a team whose namesake gained his reputation by helping to slaughter a species to near extinction? The American bison population, after all, dropped from 50+ million at the time of the Louisiana Purchase to less than a thousand by 1900.

Well…as a proud PETA member but also an outspoken critic of their marketing department, I have to say that it would be incredibly pointless and would only generate more bad publicity and animosity toward our cause. We already have a lot on our plate at the moment (um bad choice of words?) and much bigger fish to fry (ooh there I go again!) regarding animal rights ethics. Besides, animal rights lobbyists don’t have nearly the same national clout that other SJW groups have. Vegetarians and vegans probably make up about 5% of the total American population, with most of that number not even watching football or knowing of the Bills’ existence.

I see others have already mentioned this stuff, but I’ll reiterate anyway: Native Americans don’t seem to be remotely bothered by this alleged Bills name controversy, either. That’s partly because Cody was a super popular American and a major advocate for Native American civil rights. But most don’t even know the team history or Buffalo Bill Cody’s history for that matter. The Bills name also pays homage to the popular 1946-49 AAFC franchise more so than to Buffalo Bill Cody, kind of in the same way that the red/white/blue team colors since 1962 pay homage to the old 1920’s NFL team. For these reasons alone, the name and the colors of the Buffalo franchise should NEVER change.

Now the Red$%^** name is an entirely different situation. It’s a couple orders of magnitude more offensive to Native Americans than Buffalo Bill Cody. The team founder, George Preston Marshall, was also one of the most outspoken bigots in pro sports history. So that doesn’t help…

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:21 PM, Jerome007 said:

The Buffalo Table Smashers

Can't we watch sports without all that SJW and politic bullcrap?

Unfortunately in today's "social media" world.....No, we can't. Sometimes I wish we could go back to 80's before the internet, cell phones.  I realize that would eliminate message boards like this one but I am also tired of the PC crowd and political mumbo jumbo every day.

• Like (+1) 3

Honestly, its easy to avoid worrying about all that and letting it affect me.  

First rule is dont watch cable news.  Second rule is dont listen to for-profit divisive cage rattlers like Bauerle or Rush Limbaugh.  Ignore sketchy social media sources.

Do! pay attention to your local, county, and State politics.  Vote every chance you get.

I have yet to have anything taken from me.  If someday, my high school mascot needs to change?  I dont know.  Not worth a lifetime of effort resisting the day that might someday happen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is all so stupid. 

- Patriots probably killed many more native Americans than Bill Cody.  

- Jets have dropped bombs/fired guns on people in war. 

- Saints are associated with the Catholic Church (which is associated with child molestation)
- Buccaneers raped and pillaged innocent people. 

These are quick and off the top of my head.. people can be offended by almost anything. 

That said, I do understand the offensive nature of the word ‘redskin’ and while it’d be weird, agree with the considerations to change the name. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Bart, but then chickens would be offended.  To playoffspoint, just about any nickname can be perverted into an offense.  I do agree Redskins is the one anomaly where even though it’s been the name for over 80 years should be changed.  

Things change.  I was watching a while back in the am before the gym, an episode from the first season of MASH ( classic in the first few years ) and forgot the doctor in the first seasons name.  I’ll just say Dr. Jones as I won’t use his first name.  It is absolutely offensive, but my point is just from 1972 to now, life has changed.  I’d like to think for the better.

• Like (+1) 1