Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well how many major league ballparks are sitting around unused?  The idea of sharing a park was quite the long shot as well. 

Fenway Park doesn't have a massive clubhouse, so they built makeshift lockers in the concourses of the stadium. Could that not have been done at Sahlens Field? Could LED lights been installed in the past few weeks? Could bullpens have been moved to outside the outfield wall?

I find it a little hard to accept that a park that is acceptable for Triple-A ball is that far from usable for MLB. I suspect it's more the players not wanting to be in a lesser facility, not that it can't be played in.

Well they could spend a bunch of extra money to renovate another field for a temporary solution, or look to possibly work a deal to share a facility that's already up to the required standards. Pittsburgh only had 7 conflicting dates out of 60. And there are differences between a major league facility and an old triple A ball field.

I find it funny that Pennsylvania and possibly Maryland are against this, they are already letting a team bring in teams from all over the country to do this it's no like they wouldn't be already doing this if the Jays weren't there.

17 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well they could spend a bunch of extra money to renovate another field for a temporary solution, or look to possibly work a deal to share a facility that's already up to the required standards. Pittsburgh only had 7 conflicting dates out of 60. And there are differences between a major league facility and an old triple A ball field.

I find it funny that Pennsylvania and possibly Maryland are against this, they are already letting a team bring in teams from all over the country to do this it's no like they wouldn't be already doing this if the Jays weren't there.

They could do that...and they did...and they came up with bupkis. One would think a MLB team wouldn't put all their chips on one square like they did. Sure, look for better, but don't get caught with your pants down. Turns out the'll be playing at the Big Hot Dog anyway. Hope the players aren't so bummed that they can't focus on the games.

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Someone on Twitter lifted from the Bluefield Blue Jays one of their minor league teams. New Era should be stamping out a bunch of them peeps will buy them

Not gonna lie, can’t stand TO teams but I’d scoop that cap in a second.