Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Turns out the players don't want to play in Buffalo 'cause it's icky.  Here's the best solution for the Jays: play all road games.

Really, it's not like it really matters. They are quarantined for the entire season away from their families, there are no home crowds to cheer for them at the games. They could give them last at bat for what would normally be a home game for them. The worst thing would be that they don't get the nicer clubhouse for their home games and would be traveling alot more (maybe they could work out an agreement with the Canadian Federal government to cover those costs for the added travel)

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Poor sobs want to play in a major league park, ***** em

Makes you wonder how focused the Jays are on the season if their players are whining about how nice their temporary home is.

I get it.  Remember a lot of those guys came through here.  Clubhouses are smaller and antiquated, minor league training facilities, behind the times lighting, etc...  Pittsburgh makes a lot more sense.  Although it would have been awesome and I am disappointed, I get it.  

I just dont have the energy to get worked up over this stuff and try to defend Buffalo's honor at any perceived slight.  Until we get a Fortune 500 or 2 or 3 to headquarter downtown, I am afraid this will be the perpetual existence of Buffalo.  No different than Syracuse, Rochester, Toledo, or Fort Wayne, but somehow with 2 Major League sports teams to keep us more relevant.

If your a player, having to quarantine and spend the majority of your time somewhere with limited external contact, I'm sure you would want that place to be very nice

Pittsburgh has a very nice ball field with major League caliber facilities. Buffalos facility is nice for a minor league club, but its not the same as a pro league facility.

45 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If your a player, having to quarantine and spend the majority of your time somewhere with limited external contact, I'm sure you would want that place to be very nice

Pittsburgh has a very nice ball field with major League caliber facilities. Buffalos facility is nice for a minor league club, but its not the same as a pro league facility.

Even for minor league she is starting to show her age.  I think it is the oldest or second-oldest ballpark in the International League, and the 3rd-oldest in AAA baseball (makes you feel old!).  I feel like neither the Rich family or the City of Buffalo has done too much as far as upgrades go.  You could see the place showing its age.  

So I'm not sure it is even a high standard for AAA anymore.  Some of the newer ballparks like Columbus, Charlotte, and Indianapolis look amazing.  

18 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Blue Jays Stadium is the most perfect , retractable roof for no rain outs , a hotel attached to the stadium for the players. Canada is being too cautious over this.

If by “cautious” you mean “not bending over for billionaire overlords all in the name of a game”, the yes. So very cautious.

Also, Pittsburgh just told the Jays “no”, out of an abundance of caution as well.

Buffalo back in play??

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If by “cautious” you mean “not bending over for billionaire overlords all in the name of a game”, the yes. So very cautious.

Also, Pittsburgh just told the Jays “no”, out of an abundance of caution as well.

Buffalo back in play??

Not sure if Buffalo is back in play, Baltimore might have a slight advantage as they were looking at Camden while also looking at PNC. They are saying the next option might just be playing the entire season on the road but they would get to be listed as the 'home team' when they would have been at home.

Not much more they can do, but it puts them at a huge disadvantage having to constantly be on the road and giving all their opponents an advantage by having less travel.

The dome is an ideal location being a dome with an attached hotel. The local municipal and the Ontario provincial governments all have the ok, but the Canadian Federal government wouldn't agree to let them play there.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Get out of here with this sense making. Who the hell took my pitchfork!? Rabble!!!!

33 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Buffalo back in play??

Rogers is my cell phone service provider.  My bill better not go up!  ?