Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Not a baseball fan so haven't been following the return to play, no fans are going to be allowed at games this year right?

Correct (well as of right now, but I don’t see that changing).

Quick!  Someone throw up a set of temporary bleachers on top of the parking ramp beyond right field, east end of the ramp.  Social distancing is of course in effect.  NYS DOT building on Swan St. seems a little too far north to be much good.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I read that in Mike Harringtons story that they need LED bulbs. So either start games early or go to Lowes and buy a shitload of new bulbs!

Arent you guys going to be bringing back the old incandescent bulbs?

Sounds like Buffalo needs upgrades to the lighting and clubhouse to meet the requirements for the Jays to play there. Dunedin was going through alot of Reno's recently and I believe have those Reno's done already but it's also in Florida where their daily numbers exceed the total numbers for the entire country of Canada. If you watch all the games in regular definition, Buffalo should be fine.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/buffalo-bound-canada-denies-blue-jays-permission-to-play-in-toronto/article_2bd47384-c92a-11ea-b29e-b3ec114b6725.html

Canadian government won't lower quarantine requirement for visiting teams. So it's Buffalo or some sandlot.

I saw someone pushing Manchester instead of Buffalo and said it had the same airport and hotels available

9 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I saw someone pushing Manchester instead of Buffalo and said it had the same airport and hotels available

I live in Manchester and have not seen a word about the Jays considering playing here. The NH Fishercats are Toronto's AA affiliate. We have a 6500 seat park along the river with a Sheraton hotel in the outfield. (No, really.)

https://stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/northeast-delta-dental-stadium-s273

It's 15 years old. I don't know if it has LED lighting or if the clubhouse and player facilities are MLB quality. (Probably not.)

While there is that one Sheraton hotel next to the stadium, it's a few blocks before the next closest one, but that's it for downtown. All other hotels are in the outskirts. So there are nowhere near enough to house visiting teams.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I live in Manchester and have not seen a word about the Jays considering playing here. The NH Fishercats are Toronto's AA affiliate. We have a 6500 seat park along the river with a Sheraton hotel in the outfield. (No, really.)

It's 15 years old. I don't know if it has LED lighting or if the clubhouse and player facilities are MLB quality. (Probably not.)

While there is that one Sheraton hotel next to the stadium, it's a few blocks before the next closest one, but that's it for downtown. All other hotels are in the outskirts. So there are nowhere near enough to house visiting teams.

Although, as you said, not enough for MLB teams, that is a sweet park for a AA team!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The guy was pushing how much safer that NH is than NY.

50 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The guy was pushing how much safer that NH is than NY.

Our numbers ticked up slightly but are still much better than most of the US. Considering how close we are to Boston, a place that was a hot spot not long ago, that's pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, boco357 said:

And if they play there, no one in Buffalo will probably be able to watch with their archaic regional restrictions and black outs.

I'm just going to the parking ramp across the street and parking at the top. I'll gladly pay for parking to watch the MLB game

Don't steal my idea