Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

57 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

So, I know very little about baseball. And I could probably google this. But living here in Hoboken, I’ve now been to several Yankees games just because they have beer and hotdogs. Am I way off in saying that the Bisons field is significantly smaller than a MLB field? Will our new team, The Buffalo Baseball Team, just kill HR records? 

It's a major league size field. The locker rooms and clubhouse is smaller.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Technically, their girlfriend (Canadian government) dumped them, the tried for a couple of hot girls (Pittsburgh and Baltimore) and settled for what was left at closing time (Buffalo)

Is it too presumptuous to ask if they're bringing a stadium-sized condom...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Someone on Twitter lifted from the Bluefield Blue Jays one of their minor league teams. New Era should be stamping out a bunch of them peeps will buy them

Not in Buffalo. 

I know a lot of people who will not buy from New Era.  

They still will not buy Bon Jovi records.

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sadly either place that would have happened in either city. O's should be competitive in 2022 (maybe)

I was just watching a game a couple weeks ago as Sportsnet here has played old games every night and it was a Jays/Orioles wildcard game from a few years ago. Funny to see how just a few seasons ago the Jays, Orioles, Royals and Tigers were all playoff teams and then to the bottom for rebuilds.....

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

BEEG HEAD!  BEEG HEAD!

That was my nickname for a while.....

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So let's assume they allow cardboard cutout fans in the stands. Who would have the honor to sit behind home plate? Jimmy Griffin? Tim Russert? Anyone else?

Must be the old Lady and Geddy Lee, you guys can then add Buffalo Personalities around them.........

Commander Tom should be one

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Must be the old Lady and Geddy Lee, you guys can then add Buffalo Personalities around them.........

Commander Tom should be one

Get out of here with your girly man cardboard cutouts.  See if they can get the 'Promo the Robot' version 2.0 outfit.
(Can I still say 'girly man', or is that offensive?')

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013