Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Someone on Twitter lifted from the Bluefield Blue Jays one of their minor league teams. New Era should be stamping out a bunch of them peeps will buy them

hey, maybe then they can get the stadium’s naming rights back!

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Aaand there’s been a run on those caps. Only size 7 left everywhere on the net.

The Buffalove is strong.

New Era is hiring back staff as we speak, to fulfill demand.  I think Russ Brandon is coordinating the project...what?...he doesn't?!  

On 7/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, The Dean said:

I'm sure they were. Now they are scrambling. They may choose Buffalo after all. But they never took a shot at Buffalo unless I missed it (which is always a possibility). It's sounds like they simply prefer to play in a major league stadium if a deal can be reached. I see nothing wrong with 

6FC8DBF5-6BC5-4800-AF60-046B1744A555.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Only size 7 left everywhere my man.

I think 7th grade was the last time my dome squeezed into a 7 ha.

15 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Looks like my Orioles hat is 7 3/8

I’m 7 1/2 or 7 5/8.

Used to be solid on the half but it’s a cap-to-cap basis as New Eras quality control/consistency  has gone to spit.

39 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

So basically Pittsburgh was the girl Toronto hit on at the party at 11pm and Buffalo was the chick who answered the 3am knock on the dorm room door. @Johnny Hammersticks

Don’t forget Baltimore also got chatted up at about 1am ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They could do that...and they did...and they came up with bupkis. One would think a MLB team wouldn't put all their chips on one square like they did. Sure, look for better, but don't get caught with your pants down. Turns out the'll be playing at the Big Hot Dog anyway. Hope the players aren't so bummed that they can't focus on the games.

Except you were the only one taking it as an insult and saying players didn't want to play there. They tried to get a better option, had agreements in place but ultimately lost out on those because the government's where the teams play refused to allow it. There hasn't been a player express any feelings about playing in Buffalo.

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

So basically Pittsburgh was the girl Toronto hit on at the party at 11pm and Buffalo was the chick who answered the 3am knock on the dorm room door. @Johnny Hammersticks

Technically, their girlfriend (Canadian government) dumped them, the tried for a couple of hot girls (Pittsburgh and Baltimore) and settled for what was left at closing time (Buffalo)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Us O's fans only want to see the strong consistent team were used to. :lol:

That would explain Toronto going to Pittsburgh first, Baltimore didnt want to be the 2nd best team calling Camden home this year....

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m 7 1/2 or 7 5/8.

Used to be solid on the half but it’s a cap-to-cap basis as New Eras quality control/consistency  has gone to spit.

Don’t forget Baltimore also got chatted up at about 1am ?

I can wear the 5/8s but usually find the leave a red mark in most cases, I usually have to go to a 3/4 to fit right

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That would explain Toronto going to Pittsburgh first, Baltimore didnt want to be the 2nd best team calling Camden home this year....

Sadly either place that would have happened in either city. O's should be competitive in 2022 (maybe)

So, I know very little about baseball. And I could probably google this. But living here in Hoboken, I’ve now been to several Yankees games just because they have beer and hotdogs. Am I way off in saying that the Bisons field is significantly smaller than a MLB field? Will our new team, The Buffalo Baseball Team, just kill HR records? 

Edited by stevestojan