Amazon/USPS "delivered" package?

Just Jack

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

I have a couple rather minor USPS issues. One really isn't with the Post Office but rather the tenants next door. The apartment next door (in my building) is rented to medical students taking a board certification course here in St Augustine. They stay in the apartment anywhere from 4-8 weeks. Well, many of these folks do a change of address at the PO, which i think is fairly ridiculous for temporary housing---but maybe they are between residences, I guess. 

The issues occur after they move. We still get mail to people who haven't lived here in years. Important mail, sometimes. No biggie. I just write "No longer at this address" and stick it back in the mailbox. Well, about half the time the mail carrier takes that mail, and leaves new mail to the exact same person. Seriously?  WTF? We get very few pieces of mail. How hard is it to take a second to make sure you aren't putting mail in the mailbox with the same name as the mail you are taking to return?  For this I blame both the old tenants and the carrier.

But mostly I just wanted to say, read Post Office by Charles Bukowski.

https://www.amazon.com/Post-Office-Novel-Charles-Bukowski/dp/0061177571

I'm a Rural Carrier. That's lazy. Do your job. There's very easy ways to fix that issue. Starts with your commitment to the job.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

The issues occur after they move. We still get mail to people who haven't lived here in years. Important mail, sometimes.

We still get mail at our house for one of the former owners that died 2 years ago. 

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

I have a couple rather minor USPS issues. One really isn't with the Post Office but rather the tenants next door. The apartment next door (in my building) is rented to medical students taking a board certification course here in St Augustine. They stay in the apartment anywhere from 4-8 weeks. Well, many of these folks do a change of address at the PO, which i think is fairly ridiculous for temporary housing---but maybe they are between residences, I guess. 

The issues occur after they move. We still get mail to people who haven't lived here in years. Important mail, sometimes. No biggie. I just write "No longer at this address" and stick it back in the mailbox. Well, about half the time the mail carrier takes that mail, and leaves new mail to the exact same person. Seriously?  WTF? We get very few pieces of mail. How hard is it to take a second to make sure you aren't putting mail in the mailbox with the same name as the mail you are taking to return?  For this I blame both the old tenants and the carrier.

But mostly I just wanted to say, read Post Office by Charles Bukowski.

https://www.amazon.com/Post-Office-Novel-Charles-Bukowski/dp/0061177571

I'm not so sure the carriers themselves ever look at the names.  That would need to be filtered out before it even gets to them.  Yours did remind me of one thing that drives me mad.  My neighborhood has a central mail kiosk.  For whatever reason, if there is ever mail for an address that doesn't exist, my mailbox winds up being the dumping ground for it.  Whether that's a sorting issue or a lazy carrier, I don't know.

There are definitely issues with USPS deliveries from any online seller.  I've noticed that many packages get stuck in sorting or local facilities, as apparently they're lower priority, and it could take over a week for USPS to get around to delivering it.